"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IM21
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by IM21 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:07 pm

perucho1990 wrote:https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/940722541412343808

Idk why but some are assuming Freeza will win the ToP due to this interview Herms translated.
what do Caulifla and Kale have to do with Frieza?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:08 pm

perucho1990 wrote:https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/940722541412343808

Idk why but some are assuming Freeza will win the ToP due to this interview Herms translated.
I really don't know why when the article just talks about those voice actresses. As the responses to that tweet point out, 118 will probably be their last episode for at least 3-4 months.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:09 pm

Because if they stay erased until the end of the ToP, then means Freeza will win the ToP to set up the next arc.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:17 pm

If Toriyama had the stones to keep those who got erased , erased, this arc would vault up to one of the best in the entire franchise for me. I enjoy a lot of the characters but for this tournament to have permenant consequences would be refreshing and a nice twist from usual protocol.

P.S. I expect everyone to come back so don't jump on me. :D

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:21 pm

Yea I don't think Freeza would win either, I mean could we expect him to wish everyone back? When he can instead wish to be above all deities?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:34 pm

Really, there is a lot of discussion about what Vegeta will do against Jiren on EP 122.

If we can get a WSJ synopsis this week, then we can get an idea of what will happen on this EP. If not, we'll have to wait a little longer.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:38 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:Really, there is a lot of discussion about what Vegeta will do against Jiren on EP 122.

If we can get a WSJ synopsis this week, then we can get an idea of what will happen on this EP. If not, we'll have to wait a little longer.
This week is an off week which is why there was a double issue last week. There might be another double issue next week though.

Edit: Yukana had already tweeted that earlier photo a couple weeks ago: https://twitter.com/soyyuka/status/937116341638635520 They took it after recording Kefla vs. Goku. She thanks everyone for watching Super and was really excited to be working with Nozawa. It's great how everyone just loves Nozawa. :D
Last edited by BlueBasilisk on Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:44 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:Really, there is a lot of discussion about what Vegeta will do against Jiren on EP 122.

This week is an off week which is why there was a double issue last week. There might be another double issue next week though.
But what is the reason why two synopses were released last week? Is it because on the 31st we will not have an episode?

In October, in the TV special, two synopses were released (EP 109 and 110), but the following week we also obtained another synopsis (EP 111). Could not that be the case here?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:54 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:But what is the reason why two synopses were released last week? Is it because on the 31st we will not have an episode?

In October, in the TV special, two synopses were released (EP 109 and 110), but the following week we also obtained another synopsis (EP 111). Could not that be the case here?
There were two summaries this week because the magazine won't be published next week, so there's one for this week's episode as usual and one for the following week's. The next magazine should come out around the 21st or 22nd with a summary for 122 and maybe 123. Some times you do get doubles and an issue the week after but from everything I've been able to find, there's nothing coming up for this week.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:28 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:But what is the reason why two synopses were released last week? Is it because on the 31st we will not have an episode?

There were two summaries this week because the magazine won't be published next week, so there's one for this week's episode as usual and one for the following week's. The next magazine should come out around the 21st or 22nd with a summary for 122 and maybe 123. Some times you do get doubles and an issue the week after but from everything I've been able to find, there's nothing coming up for this week.
I understood, what a pity. For some reason I'm starting to create a lot of expectations for this fight between Vegeta and Jiren, so I'm also starting to look forward to the synopsis of this EP.

At first my expectations were very low, I think it best to keep them that way so as not to disappoint me (knowing TOEI, it's best not to expect too much from Vegeta)

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:07 pm

Noah wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:...and thats ignoring all the people who want Goku to dump Chichi and hook up with Caulifla :sick:
Why? Don't you think that would be cool? 8)

Goku would be completely obvious to the whole thing anyway. It would be a total slap in the face to Chichi, who's been nothing but loyal to her family.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:19 pm

omaro34 wrote:
Noah wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:...and thats ignoring all the people who want Goku to dump Chichi and hook up with Caulifla :sick:

Goku would be completely obvious to the whole thing anyway. It would be a total slap in the face to Chichi, who's been nothing but loyal to her family.
As gross as the thought of Goku x Caulifla is, saying Goku is oblivious to the idea of pregnancy is flat out wrong. Z Goku showed plenty of times he knew exactly how babies were made and all that.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:33 pm

I feel like Z Goku's also the more reliable source on "Here's what Goku knows about pregnancy." because Z had less cooks in the kitchen than Super does from what I can tell.
Trying to wrap some of Super's more ooc Goku moments into in-universe ends up leading me down the depressing road of thinking 40+ years of battle has given Goku additional physical brain trauma and he has trouble remembering stuff as a result.

As for Goku/Caulifla?....I'm wary of shipping Caulifla without knowing her age. Also I already have a non-canon ship for Goku even if it has been lost at sea for most of this year. *Watches the VegeKaka ship adrift in the ocean*.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:12 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
omaro34 wrote:
Noah wrote:

As gross as the thought of Goku x Caulifla is, saying Goku is oblivious to the idea of pregnancy is flat out wrong. Z Goku showed plenty of times he knew exactly how babies were made and all that.
Babies? Sure he would know. Romance is what typically comes before that, and goku isn't an expert in that, that's putting it lightly.

According to Super he never kissed his wife yet somehow has two kids. Go figure. But it's a kid show.

In Dragonball he thought marriage was food. Goku is completely clueless, naive, gullible like a kid and lost about romance lol. Just picturing Goku with smooth moves to get a woman to fall for him is almost impossible to imagine, he might have to seek the guy who overcame his fear of women; yamcha, for advice hahahsha. All he cares about is fighting.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:27 am

omaro34 wrote: According to Super he never kissed his wife yet somehow has two kids. Go figure. But it's a kid show.

In Dragonball he thought marriage was food. Goku is completely clueless, naive, gullible like a kid and lost about romance lol. Just picturing Goku with smooth moves to get a woman is almost impossible to imagine, he might have to seek the guy who overcame his fear of women; yamch. All he cares about is fighting.
Using Kid/Teen Goku isn't an argument. DBS has also been shown to grossly exaggrate Goku's stupid side, so idk what your point is. Between the kiss joke, which 1) he got married, he had to. 2) they kissed in Z 3) had two children. Also, the kiss scene was supposed to a vague misunderstanding played off as a joke which has spread huge misinformation. All he cares about his fighting is also a big exaggeration.

When did I imply he'd become a ladies man or any of that? I didn't. I'm just saying he's not as dumb as the fandom paints him to be, no thanks to TFS. When Trunks talked about his parents, Goku wasn't some brain dead idiot who went "how did Vegeta and Bulma have a kid????" no. he's an adult and understood how things work. And in the Buu Saga when Krillin said he and 18 had a children, his reaction again "how do androids have babies" meaning he knows EXACTLY what goes on.

Just because Super manga made him say "oh so that's how it works" when Bulla popped out of nowhere thanks to Whis, that doesn't change that it's OOC.

But I shouldn't be surprised. Considering you're one of those people who believe "Piccolo is Gohan's real dad" so I can clearly see the bias in your reply.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:36 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Using Kid/Teen Goku isn't an argument. DBS has also been shown to grossly exaggrate Goku's stupid side, so idk what your point is. Between the kiss joke, which 1) he got married, he had to. 2) they kissed in Z 3) had two children. Also, the kiss scene was supposed to a vague misunderstanding played off as a joke which has spread huge misinformation. All he cares about his fighting is also a big exaggeration.

When did I imply he'd become a ladies man or any of that? I didn't. I'm just saying he's not as dumb as the fandom paints him to be, no thanks to TFS. When Trunks talked about his parents, Goku wasn't some brain dead idiot who went "how did Vegeta and Bulma have a kid????" no. he's an adult and understood how things work. And in the Buu Saga when Krillin said he and 18 had a children, his reaction again "how do androids have babies" meaning he knows EXACTLY what goes on.

Just because Super manga made him say "oh so that's how it works" when Bulla popped out of nowhere thanks to Whis, that doesn't change that it's OOC.

But I shouldn't be surprised. Considering you're one of those people who believe "Piccolo is Gohan's real dad" so I can clearly see the bias in your reply.
Goku never kissed Chi-Chi in Z. The closest we ever got was an implied kiss and that was filler. You can also have kids without kissing. And the kiss joke being a misunderstanding is only in the anime. In the manga, Goku outright says he never kiss his wife.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:01 am

What is with the spanish fanbase and those ridiculous memes? I swear everytime I see some awful image, edit or fanart about something questionable in Super, it always has spanish text.

What the hell.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:05 am

precita wrote:What is with the spanish fanbase and those ridiculous memes? I swear everytime I see some awful image, edit or fanart about something questionable in Super, it always has spanish text.

What the hell.
The majority of clickbait articles on BlastingNews and shitty videos on Youtube (English or not) are made by people of the latino fanbase.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:59 am

precita wrote:What is with the spanish fanbase and those ridiculous memes? I swear everytime I see some awful image, edit or fanart about something questionable in Super, it always has spanish text.

What the hell.
Don't you be dissing on Gohan Blanco. :evil:

I still find that the most hilarious meme from the spanish fans
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:23 am

dbzfan7 wrote:

What the hell.
Don't you be dissing on Gohan Blanco. :evil:

I still find that the most hilarious meme from the spanish fans
I don't know how I'd react if Grand Priest ended up being evil lmfao.