"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Chuquita » Sat May 07, 2016 6:25 pm

Skar wrote:Wow that's a lot of filler/slice of life! Some of my favorite episodes of Super were episode 1 and the SSJ Hercule episode so I hope these are kinda like that. I guess they want to make sure the manga catches up before they begin the next saga. When do you think that would be announced? Sometime in July or August?
Chuquita wrote:I tried calling it filler in another thread and people were saying not to call it filler so I started calling it slice of life and now that doesn't work either? :?:

The only name I have left for them are "bridge episodes".
Yeah I'm in the same boat :lol: . I think "bridge episodes" is good since it could include both filler and/or slice of life between sagas. I heard "anime-only" from a different thread and I like that one since it can include all the extra content between and during the sagas.
I hadn't heard of "anime-only", that's also a good option. I may alternate between that and "bridge episodes".
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat May 07, 2016 7:31 pm

In 2ch I've seen "anime original" or "toei original", for what it's worth.

Goten and Trunks will probably still be children since they were playing when falling asleep in Monaka's (space) truck. Also, no one noticed Jaco will be involved :cry: he's the one to get Vegeta to planet Pot-au-feu.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat May 07, 2016 9:36 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if we get lots of anime-only episodes between the main arcs. That's exactly what I was expecting actually, since the manga can't keep up at the moment, and seeing how they dragged the BoG & FnF arcs. The bad thing with Super for me is that it feels more like DB & DBZ, while I was hoping it would feel more like GT & Kai, in terms of pace.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

TomTom

Post by TomTom » Sat May 07, 2016 10:11 pm

Hello. The last tweet of DBS account, if someone can translate please.

https://twitter.com/DB_super2015/status ... 7043594240

EmmaWinters

Post by EmmaWinters » Sat May 07, 2016 10:12 pm

TomTom wrote:Hello. The last tweet of DBS account, if someone can translate please.

It's a reminder that tomorrow (May 9) is "Goku Day", and that they have new Freeza merch.
「恨むんならてめえの運命を恨むんだな··· このオレのように···」

TomTom

Post by TomTom » Sat May 07, 2016 10:15 pm

EmmaWinters wrote:
TomTom wrote:Hello. The last tweet of DBS account, if someone can translate please.

It's a reminder that tomorrow (May 9) is "Goku Day", and that they have new Freeza merch.
Ok thank you. :)

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sat May 07, 2016 11:43 pm

Why Goku only developed the Ki syndrome in episode 43 while he fought in episode 42 without any problems? I hope it's explained.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Sat May 07, 2016 11:52 pm

Sandubadear wrote:Why Goku only developed the Ki syndrome in episode 43 while he fought in episode 42 without any problems? I hope it's explained.
From what I have read in the summary, the only thing affected is his Shunkan Ido for some reason.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sun May 08, 2016 12:13 am

Sodhi wrote:
Sandubadear wrote:Why Goku only developed the Ki syndrome in episode 43 while he fought in episode 42 without any problems? I hope it's explained.
From what I have read in the summary, the only thing affected is his Shunkan Ido for some reason.
Well, yeah, he also teleported normally in this episode.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Sun May 08, 2016 12:34 am

I'm just as confused as you are, Sandubadear! You would think that the symptoms would be popping up now, not later. Without information from the next episode's story, it might be safe to assume this is another "Super Satan" period of episodes that are written just for fun.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun May 08, 2016 12:48 am

EmmaWinters wrote:

Herms said on Twitter
"It says they're unveiling news about "new developments" in Super"

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun May 08, 2016 12:52 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
EmmaWinters wrote:

Herms said on Twitter
"It says they're unveiling news about "new developments" in Super"
Oh cool!

*Hopes it isn't just another tournament arc right on the heels of the tournament arc that just ended.*

Omni King has me worried about that.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Sun May 08, 2016 12:53 am

Sandubadear wrote:
Sodhi wrote:
Well, yeah, he also teleported normally in this episode.
Oh yea i forgot he used it in this episode my bad.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun May 08, 2016 12:54 am

Chuquita wrote:
Oh cool!

*Hopes it isn't just another tournament arc right on the heels of the tournament arc that just ended.*

Omni King has me worried about that.
I still don't think anyone should worry about that, it's pretty much just the same set up as going from the first to second tournament in the original series, we'll definitely get at least one arc between the tournaments. If the arcs stay in the 13-15 episode range hopefully we get 2 arcs instead of just one though, but I would love an arc to be in the range of 25-30 episodes.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Sun May 08, 2016 1:19 am

I hope the next major arc has to do with what was discussed or hinted at in toriyama/toyotaro interview. Then after than I'll gladly take the tournament.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sun May 08, 2016 1:28 am

Betting that they'll reveal, or at give some hints for the identity of the "future-related character".I will be disappointed if the next arc will be Zeno's tournament, we need at least 1 arc with a villain before the tournament.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun May 08, 2016 3:01 am

The Multiverse Tournament should take place after the end of the series... Where the characters are more powerful than they are now, and it could present possibilities that aren't possibilites by now, as giving Uub a proper role, for example.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun May 08, 2016 5:04 am

Grimlock wrote:The Multiverse Tournament should take place after the end of the series... Where the characters are more powerful than they are now, and it could present possibilities that aren't possibilites by now, as giving Uub a proper role, for example.
There will be 1 space vacant because of Monaka. Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo and Buu are almost certainties to be included, so it could be Uub if it is set after the end of Z.

Jaetinh
Regular

Post by Jaetinh » Sun May 08, 2016 7:13 am

We seriously need a new opening. Those bullshit 2-5 seconds changes they make sometimes is nothing to be happy about anymore.

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Sun May 08, 2016 8:02 am

DBZ same opening for 200 episodes: No complain.
DBS same opening for 42 episodes: A lot of abusing complains...