"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:31 pm

HeroR wrote: This remains me more of Super Saiyan Rose and all the butt hurt that it wasn't white and how Black was now 'ruined'.
He was ruined with or without white hair.
His character was only SLIGHTLY intereseting until they revealed that it's just Zamasu in Goku's body - the most obvious and lazy thing.
Then entire arc became trash.

And i disagree with SSJ God having the same reception. Sure, i didn't like it at first. But it was still leagues above that silver disgrace.
Everything is better than this and no amount of time will ever change it.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:33 pm

Poor Gohan

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:34 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
HeroR wrote: This remains me more of Super Saiyan Rose and all the butt hurt that it wasn't white and how Black was now 'ruined'.
He was ruined with or without white hair.
His character was only SLIGHTLY intereseting until they revealed that it's just Zamasu in Goku's body - the most obvious and lazy thing.
Then entire arc became trash.

And i disagree with SSJ God having the same reception. Sure, i didn't like it at first. But it was still leagues above that silver disgrace.
Everything is better than this and no amount of time will ever change it.
Rather Black was 'ruined' by him just being Zamasu has nothing to do with people's first reaction to Super Saiyan Rose.

And you're revising history since there was a lot of butt hurt with Super Saiyan God until people saw the movie. You just have to look at the old movie thread for Battle of Gods on this site to see people's first reaction to Super Saiyan God. It was very similar to how people are reacting now. Honestly, your posts is like one big hot take.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:37 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: His character was only SLIGHTLY intereseting until they revealed that it's just Zamasu in Goku's body - the most obvious and lazy thing.
I agree. Black's reveal as another Zamasu was just awful. I would have liked him as a separate character like a Goku's clone Zamasu wished to Super Shenron or an evil Goku from another timeline.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:39 pm

Well, I understand why the anime version is so shitty now. Toriyama just doesn't really care about DB or what happens with it. He only really cared when writing BoG.

It's so sad that the colours are actually really awesome. If SSGod didn't exist, I would have loved the form. Also, don't kill me for this, but Goku's base hair looks way better than the design that Toei has done, at least in silver. I will miss Omen trough. I hope Toyotaro just makes the form a silver-haired base Goku.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:44 pm

MisteryOne wrote:Well, I understand why the anime version is so shitty now. Toriyama just doesn't really care about DB or what happens with it. He only really cared when writing BoG.

It's so sad that the colours are actually really awesome. If SSGod didn't exist, I would have loved the form. Also, don't kill me for this, but Goku's base hair looks way better than the design that Toei has done, at least in silver. I will miss Omen trough. I hope Toyotaro just makes the form a silver-haired base Goku.
If he didn't care, he would have nothing to do with Dragon Ball like he has been doing for decades before DBE. He even outright said he cares in the 30th Anniversary book where he 'complained' about the Super anime.
Last edited by HeroR on Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:44 pm

HeroR wrote:
Michsi wrote:I suppose I'm among the few that doesn't see the Perfect UI form as such a scandalous thing. I'm mostly miffed because the design of the first version just looks better. Reaction to the first SSJGod form was similar and the fandom settled down after a while.

I'm way more curious about the how and why he will perfect it and of course, how the battle will look.
This remains me more of Super Saiyan Rose and all the butt hurt that it wasn't white and how Black was now 'ruined'.
I missed that particular wave. Just seen some some jokes about pink. Most people seem to like SSR now, funny enough. Lets see what will remain when the dust settles. It all comes down to how it's going to be used, as always.

When Beerus' design first got revealed, woah boy, now that was a shitstorm. Though admittedly even I was really upset with it initially, because it really did look bad at first glance. I really like it now, but I know that's because Beerus turned out to be such a great character and addition to the series.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:44 pm

Tian wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote: His character was only SLIGHTLY intereseting until they revealed that it's just Zamasu in Goku's body - the most obvious and lazy thing.
I agree. Black's reveal as another Zamasu was just awful. I would have liked him as a separate character like a Goku's clone Zamasu wished to Super Shenron or an evil Goku from another timeline.
Yeah. Cloned Goku would be far better. I'd say since entire arc was about time travel anyway, they could also make him be Goku or rather Kakarotto from alternate timeline where he didn't hit his head and actually slaughtered earthlings.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Dbzk1999
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dbzk1999 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:47 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Tian wrote:
Yeah. Cloned Goku would be far better. I'd say since entire arc was about time travel anyway, they could also make him be Goku or rather Kakarotto from alternate timeline where he didn't hit his head and actually slaughtered earthlings.
So, basically, you wanted another version of Turles? How in the world is Black being zamasu the “most obvious and lazy choice”, and what you’re suggesting isn’t?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:48 pm

Michsi wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Michsi wrote:I suppose I'm among the few that doesn't see the Perfect UI form as such a scandalous thing. I'm mostly miffed because the design of the first version just looks better. Reaction to the first SSJGod form was similar and the fandom settled down after a while.

I'm way more curious about the how and why he will perfect it and of course, how the battle will look.
This remains me more of Super Saiyan Rose and all the butt hurt that it wasn't white and how Black was now 'ruined'.
I missed that particular wave. Just seen some some jokes about pink. Most people seem to like SSR now, funny enough. Lets see what will remain when the dust settles. It all comes down to how it's going to be used, as always.

When Beerus' design first got revealed, woah boy, now that was a shitstorm. Though admittedly even I was really upset with it initially, because it really did look bad at first glance. I really like it now, but I know that's because Beerus turned out to be such a great character and addition to the series.
People despised the form when it was first leaked and there was a meltdown over it. People didn't warm up towards Rose until the preview for 56. Then people fell in loved with it after they saw it in action.

Not saying the same will happened with Mastered UI, but everyone is having a knee jerk reaction. Although, Toriyama copying Super Saiyan God and painting it silver isn't helping. The anime version of UI looks much better and I do liked it. It seems a lot of people's ire is towards Toriyama's sketch.
Kanassa wrote:

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:58 pm

In just the 3 years Super has been airing, Goku has discovered FOUR new transformations. You can't make this shit up. :lol:

It's time for Goku and Vegeta to be retired, I cannot stand their constant new Saiyan forms that come out of nowhere.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:59 pm

Dbzk1999 wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:
Tian wrote:
So, basically, you wanted another version of Turles? How in the world is Black being zamasu the “most obvious and lazy choice”, and what you’re suggesting isn’t?
I don't remember Turles being a clone of Goku or his alternate future version.
But i remember body switches and body control from previous series.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:00 pm

People can bitch and moan all they want. They will love it at the end.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:02 pm

HeroR wrote:
MisteryOne wrote:Well, I understand why the anime version is so shitty now. Toriyama just doesn't really care about DB or what happens with it. He only really cared when writing BoG.

If he didn't care, he would have nothing to do with Dragon Ball like he has been doing for decades before DBE. He even outright said he cares in the 30th Anniversary book where he 'complained' about the Super anime.
No, he cared about the quality of the anime, that didn't mean writing since those were his scripts. he meant animation quality.

But we know the Future trunks was not an idea he came up with himself. He gives vague outlines. Designs that even in his laziest days would shatter and he is incredbly laxed with the anime and i know that because there has never been one interview were Toriyama has said no to them.

He simply does not care. Even if he doesn't say it, you can tell by his actions. Unless you truly believe he is trying.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:05 pm

HeroR wrote:
Michsi wrote:
HeroR wrote:

People despised the form when it was first leaked and there was a meltdown over it. People didn't warm up towards Rose until the preview for 56. Then people fell in loved with it after they saw it in action.

Not saying the same will happened with Mastered UI, but everyone is having a knee jerk reaction. Although, Toriyama copying Super Saiyan God and painting it silver isn't helping. The anime version of UI looks much better and I do liked it. It seems a lot of people's ire is towards Toriyama's sketch.
As I've said before, it does seem more like it's supposed to be a character model rather than promotional art. All his character drawings look similar: same left facing semi-profile position, loose, uncomplicated stance. He drew the entire cast for BOG exactly the same way. All artists have a pose that's easiest for them to draw, and for right-handed people, it's usually the left facing semi-profile. So I don't necessarily see it as the ultimate proof that he has grown tired of DB.

What I'm interested to find out is whether or not that Perfect UI image is digitally colored but has a filter or if that really is ink that I'm seeing. I haven't seen him color using traditional means in ages.
Last edited by Michsi on Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:10 pm

Maybe one of the reasons DBS is ending is because they're running out of colors for new transformations :P .
Last edited by Skar on Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:10 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:People can bitch and moan all they want. They will love it at the end.
Same with GT :^)

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:12 pm

This is just so awful. When Dragonball comes back Goku will probably get a rainbow hair transformation in the next series.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:14 pm

Xeogran wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:People can bitch and moan all they want. They will love it at the end.
Same with GT :^)
Replace GT with ssj4, and you’ll get a lot of people agreeing with you

Venus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Venus » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:16 pm

I love it, I always wanted a White/Gray haired transformation, sadly AF Ssj5 doesn't count since it's not part of the oficial stuff.

However I like the Omen version more for now still, that may change once Goku goes MUI.