What do you hope not to see in Dragon Ball Super?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: What do you hope not to see in Dragon Ball Super?

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed May 06, 2015 12:15 pm

EXBadguy wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Hell, Vegeta was in no way secretive about still having the urge to kill innocent people in the Majin Boo arc, he fucking flat out did it... twice.
Without anyone telling him to do so. I meant Vegeta doing it on his own.
Vegeta did that own his own accord. Remember, he willing let Babidi control him just for the power boost and to reawaken his dark nature after that, pretty much everything Vegeta did he did willingly, out his own nature. Remember, the first order he gave when Vegeta became Majin while in Babidi's spaceship was to kill Goku, Gohan and Supreme Kai, and he refuses, which surprises Babidi. Babidi then transported everyone in the spaceship to the World Martial Arts Tournament and the rest is history.

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Wed May 06, 2015 1:13 pm

- No more SSJ or God transformation above SSGSS!!!!!
- No more Gohan returning just because his latent power
- To discard the trend as all Saiyans are able to absorb and maintain God power, reduce it only for the full-blooded ones.
- No more returning villains, especially not Freeza.
- No more "Goku is the true prodigy" issue when it comes to speak about Vegeta and (possibly) Uub.
- Maron to be also a brat in Super.
- No more Pilaf Gang.(Or less at least)
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

soduh2
Not-So-Newbie

Post by soduh2 » Wed May 06, 2015 6:34 pm

ssjjanemba wrote:Gonna have to agree with no more Goku being the hero. He used to be my favourite character, but he always does the same thing. Hopefully Goku and vegeta fly off into outer space and have one final fight. Great ending for two amazing characters.
That's the ending I personally wouldn't want. I don't want Goku hogging the spot light, but I don't like the "fight to end all fights" scenario for him. :?

I'd give Goku the GT ending early on, and give Vegeta sometime to shine independently of him.

Afterwards Vegeta gets:

-->Either a similar ending to the GT one
-->Give him an "old master" type of ending
-->Or a fight to end all fights against the transcended Goku (leading to him becoming transcendent as well).

SSJ Human
Regular

Post by SSJ Human » Thu May 07, 2015 12:56 am

-No more Mystic: I personally was never a fan of Gohan not being able to use his Super Saiyan forms and since Fukkatsu no F had him using the form, I would like to see him continue using it as continuity with that. Also, I always believed that the only reason he never transformed into a Super Saiyan after becoming Mystic was because if he had during the Super Buu fight, then the series would have ended there.

-No Goku and Vegeta series: You can feature them prominently, but let others have some prominence in each saga. I would like something that harkens back to the Vegeta fight where Goku, Krillin, Gohan and Yajirobe all had some role in his defeat.

-Kid Goten and Trunks: The only exception would be if it is set right after the Buu Saga, which I've been hearing consistently. Then I'll buy it.

SuicidalZerg
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuicidalZerg » Thu May 07, 2015 1:46 am

Well, I hope we won't have to see this...
Nozawaberries commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdqta3iB6ZM

Twitch stream: http://www.twitch.tv/suicidalzerg
Planet Minecraft skins: http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/son_gohan/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/SC2SuicidalZerg
NA Battle tag: SuicidalZerg.158
MC username: SuicidalZerg

SSJ Human
Regular

Post by SSJ Human » Thu May 07, 2015 8:54 am

SuicidalZerg wrote:Well, I hope we won't have to see this...
There's very little chance we will, considering the only characters gaining any new forms now are Goku and Vegeta.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu May 07, 2015 11:55 am

TheGmGoken would have a stroke if he saw this.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Thu May 07, 2015 12:22 pm

Son Goten and Trunks kept their secret training and in the 29º Budokai Tenkaichi they reveal their Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan transformations.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu May 07, 2015 12:28 pm

We don't need to start with a recap of the series thus far the way BOG's extended edition did. Just jump right into Super's story.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Thu May 07, 2015 12:50 pm

After all, they always seem to forget that there were events that occured prior to Kakarot meeting Bulma.

No need to make a recap if the same will be done. Need to see animated events that happened prior to their meeting, not after.

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Thu May 07, 2015 2:43 pm

Dyno wrote:After all, they always seem to forget that there were events that occured prior to Kakarot meeting Bulma.

No need to make a recap if the same will be done. Need to see animated events that happened prior to their meeting, not after.
Actually I agree. I'd like to have seen more of Young Goku bonding with Grandpa Gohan and then that infamous event that lead to his death.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Thu May 07, 2015 2:53 pm

That would be interesting to see, to say the least. But I was actually talking about the events which occur even prior to the one you mentioned, in a far, far distant galaxy.

One_Instance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by One_Instance » Thu May 07, 2015 3:17 pm

Dyno wrote:That would be interesting to see, to say the least. But I was actually talking about the events which occur even prior to the one you mentioned, in a far, far distant galaxy.
Would you, by chance, be talking about "a long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away"?
But, in all seriousness, it would be cool to see something like that. Maybe, Majin Boo's creation and his first rampage on the universe, for instance. However, if we're going to continue this discussion, we should probably move it to this thread.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu May 07, 2015 8:35 pm

I don't get why people want evil sayians again. How we can have evil saiyans these days without trying to rehash Radditz, Vegeta or Broli?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu May 07, 2015 8:38 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
TheGmGoken would have a stroke if he saw this.
And possibly die on the sppy as my favorite character gets a shitty looking SSJ. Then I'll die again in heaven because Goten gets an important role.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Thu May 07, 2015 8:48 pm

One_Instance wrote:Would you, by chance, be talking about "a long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away"?
But, in all seriousness, it would be cool to see something like that. Maybe, Majin Boo's creation and his first rampage on the universe, for instance. However, if we're going to continue this discussion, we should probably move it to this thread.
Yes! Finally someone got one of my silly jokes! :lol:

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Thu May 07, 2015 10:27 pm

Goku not being the only one to get cool techniques, and transformations.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Thu May 07, 2015 11:02 pm

Well, in Dragon Ball Heroes, Vegeta got a cooler technique, his God Final Flash is amazing.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Fri May 08, 2015 12:09 am

Dyno wrote:Well, in Dragon Ball Heroes, Vegeta got a cooler technique, his God Final Flash is amazing.

Really never seen it what's it look like?

Scott
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scott » Fri May 08, 2015 1:19 am

Retan wrote:Goku not being the only one to get cool techniques, and transformations.
Uhh, he never did. Goku isn't the only one who gained cool tecniques and transformations. Every character in the series has a pretty cool technique and Goku only had 1 transformation that nobody else had and that was Super Saiyan 3.