"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:04 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I always thought that Freeza's transformations prior to his Final Form was always his own little ingenious way of managing his widely high power. Now that Frost can do it, it just makes me think that really all of Freeza's race has several transformations under their belt. Or maybe Frost, much like Freeza, just created those forms to manage in uncontrollably high hidden power. I'm hoping it's the latter, because at least then it will retain that unique characteristic feature Freeza had of being a freak of nature in being born ridiculously strong and having the micromanage his power.
That's likely the case, although, its a bit weird that the nice version of Freeza has a third form that's pretty much designed to freak people the fuck out lol.

As Piccolo, in the dub of Kai at least, called him a vile freak upon seeing it.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:15 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Draconic wrote:
Since Piccolo can't get a power up for whatever reason, I'ma say have him outsmart Frost at the very least. So his much hyped intellect actually shines through in actual combat for once.
Piccolo might of used the namekian book of legends when he got revived but maybe he has not mastered it or something. He also trained with Gohan and maybe Whis done something with him, no one knows yet but one thing I am sure about is that he wont get one-shotted and will put up a decent fight fefore his Special Beam Cannon. His Special Beam Cannon might have got stronger maybe using more fingers or something.
There's nothing even foreshadowing any kind of increase in strength for him from the book or that he's even remotely bothered investigating any means of attaining lots of power in the recent episodes. Hence why so many people are writing him off as a dead man walking in a pure fight.
He has done training with Gohan so must have got stronger. Nothing has foreshadowed how strong the universe characters are but everyone says that are ridicously strong for some reason and we also do not know how Goku loses either. If we are going on strength alone then Vegeta won't win either against Frost because, Goku loses and if Piccolo gets one-shotted by Frost as many think, then Frost will not be tired so he will then beat Vegeta as he is the same strength as Goku and that will mean 4 vs 1 with only Monaka left for universe 6.

It makes sense for Piccolo to win as it would then make it 3 vs 3, but if he loses it will be 4 vs 2 and Vegeta will have to win 2 to just bring it even which I think will not happen.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:23 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Piccolo might of used the namekian book of legends when he got revived but maybe he has not mastered it or something. He also trained with Gohan and maybe Whis done something with him, no one knows yet but one thing I am sure about is that he wont get one-shotted and will put up a decent fight fefore his Special Beam Cannon. His Special Beam Cannon might have got stronger maybe using more fingers or something.
There's nothing even foreshadowing any kind of increase in strength for him from the book or that he's even remotely bothered investigating any means of attaining lots of power in the recent episodes. Hence why so many people are writing him off as a dead man walking in a pure fight.
He has done training with Gohan so must have got stronger. Nothing has foreshadowed how strong the universe characters are but everyone says that are ridicously strong for some reason and we also do not know how Goku loses either. If we are going on strength alone then Vegeta won't win either against Frost because, Goku loses and if Piccolo gets one-shotted by Frost as many think, then Frost will not be tired so he will then beat Vegeta as he is the same strength as Goku and that will mean 4 vs 1 with only Monaka left for universe 6.

It makes sense for Piccolo to win as it would then make it 3 vs 3, but if he loses it will be 4 vs 2 and Vegeta will have to win 2 to just bring it even which I think will not happen.
The U6 fighters are new characters who've likely either trained or gone on adventures of their own to explain why they're that strong. It's not like the Earth crew are the only ones in the entire multiverse who've done anything. Plus they're only being introduced at the tournament with Champa hand picking them so that's enough foreshadowing for characters in those circumstances to hint at their strength.

Piccolo IS part of the main cast and besides a two minute long fight with Gohan (in which no one comments or says anything about his power besides Piccolo himself later admitting he can't keep up) nothing of note has happened to him power wise.

Besides, you're forgetting the fact there are no breaks in-between fights. Even if Frost beats Goku and Piccolo, he's not winning against Vegeta who'll be rested and fresh while Frost will have spent at least a good sum of his power to beat Goku. Energy reserves aren't static.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:28 pm

But wasn't the anime preview titel not everybody suprised, goku turns in a ssj?? So he have to be ssj on those panels.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:29 pm

Okay chapter. Not anything mindblowing.
The only surprising thing is see Goku turning SSj and not SSB.

I like how Goku beat Botamo in his base form.

Frost is a cool guy like I wanted.
But I would accept him better, if we just didn't have ROF. I'm tired of Freeza's/his race at this point.
Anyway, he seems to be a better character than Coola/Cold/Chilled ever were, so that's good. Smart move, Toriyama.

I doubt Piccolo has any chance. He should have just gone look for the Namekian Book of Legends, to get a good a power up.
He's a smart fighter, but brains barely won any fight in this series. After trolling Buu fans, have Piccolo there just to be destroyed is a bad idea. We will see.

The best thing this month was the cover:
Monaka turns out to be a a major villain, and Hit his second in command?! That's the vibe I get from this cover. Whis did ask Beerus, if it was a good idea to bring him along.
Also start to wondering if Hit is U6 saiyans employer.

Anyway, Goku vs Hit won't happen in this ring but later.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:34 pm

There's nothing really that implies piccolo powered up wise in super plus even if frost was tired he still will have enough energy to stomped piccolo to the ground.

kidhero1000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kidhero1000 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:34 pm

Anyone know the name of that new Yugioh card on the cover on this months issue?
He devolved into saying only one word. Time to hit the ol' cosmic trail.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:37 pm

Makai wrote:It had to be SSGSSJ, it'd make absolutely no sense for him to go regular SSJ, or else he'd have probably done by it by now, against Freeza, or during training, but all of a sudden he just reveals he could've done all this time here? Plus, as much as they've been promoting SSGSSJ, and putting it in promotional material, I don't they would just go back to the old transformation. I think they just didn't bother shading it, and are just referring to it as SSJ, because it's now simply replacing the blonde form for good, plus it's easier to say and he could've just forgot to shade it. And it'd just be straight confusing(like it is now) having both of the forms being used, since the only difference was light shading in the hair. That just makes more sense, but we don't know for sure, so I guess we'll just find out in the anime.
I completely agree with everything you said!
It just makes things far more confusing then they ever have to be. I just wish they stick to SSJ Blue for the remainder of the series. Rendering the regular ssj forms useless. Just have 1 ultimate transformation. keeps things plain and simple.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:50 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Okay chapter. Not anything mindblowing.
The only surprising thing is see Goku turning SSj and not SSB.

I like how Goku beat Botamo in his base form.

Frost is a cool guy like I wanted.
But I would accept him better, if we just didn't have ROF. I'm tired of Freeza's/his race at this point.
Anyway, he seems to be a better character than Coola/Cold/Chilled ever were, so that's good. Smart move, Toriyama.

I doubt Piccolo has any chance. He should have just gone look for the Namekian Book of Legends, to get a good a power up.
He's a smart fighter, but brains barely won any fight in this series. After trolling Buu fans, have Piccolo there just to be destroyed is a bad idea. We will see.

The best thing this month was the cover:
Monaka turns out to be a a major villain, and Hit his second in command?! That's the vibe I get from this cover. Whis did ask Beerus, if it was a good idea to bring him along.
Also start to wondering if Hit is U6 saiyans employer.

Anyway, Goku vs Hit won't happen in this ring but later.
I doubt Hit is their employer. I believe Frost is. The U6 fighters are hired to fight evil people and the vibe we all get from Hit is that he's evil, so that wouldn't make sense if he's their employer.

DaFleks

Post by DaFleks » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:01 pm

In my opinion this week's chapter was very enjoyable. Was really happy to see the other forms of Frost and to also learn of his personality. I kind of do wish that more information on Botamo's character was there but I'm confident and hoping that there's more room for development in a later part of the series. As for the whole SSJ vs. SSJB thingy I would think that Goku assuming he's using his normal form and not the Saiyan Beyond God form just figured SSJB wasn't necessary for the fight, at least not yet and decided to go with SSJ. That and I just can't ignore the lack of shading in the hair haha.

Image Image

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:23 pm

I like things to be plain and simple. And "clean".. Just make SSJB his only and ultimate transformation. Rendering the other ssj forms useless. It keeps things clean and fresh. Akira Toriyama likes to have things "simple" aswell.

It would be so much easier if SSJB completely erased and replaced regular SSJ. It would be the ideal situation. And i would be a happy man.

Think of it like this. SSJ brings out a persons "inner power".. (We know that) Goku pre God turns normal SSJ. Post God aswell against Beerus. But that's because he hadn't "fully" absorbed it's god power in base yet. Now in RoF. After training with Whis If Goku tries to turn SSJ again.(bringing out your "inner power".) he obtains SSJB. (Because his "inner power" is now Godly Ki)

makes sense right!?

PRE God:

Turning SSJ. (Inner power still normal ki)

Post God:
Turning SSJ aswell. (Inner power GOD KI) so automatically he should turn SSJB.

Turning SSJ works like "bringing out" your "inner power" and since Goku's inner power source is now God Ki. He "brings it outside" by turning SSJ. Automatically making him SSJ Blue.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:01 pm

The unorthodox take on Goku and Botamo's fight was enjoyable in spite of it being short-lived. You can tell that some inspiration was taken from Buyon in making the round and bouncy Botamo physiologically resistant to concussive damage as a result of his malleable body. It actually forced Goku to improvise in a way that takes him out of what he knows by looking to alternative methods for winning instead of just overpowering his opponent like he and everyone else tend to do.

Choreographically speaking, it's all pretty generic. The two gems were Goku's up-from-below arm grab and toss of Botamo out of bounds and Frost's unexpected tail latch onto Goku's boot to swerve back around and land a surprise hit. The rest is largely the same with flurries of punches and some horizontal kicks with a Kamehameha thrown in for good measure.

Like the others, I can't see how Piccolo is going to stand any kind of chance against Frost. He's already admitted that he couldn't keep up with Goku and Vegeta. If he somehow manages to win then it's probably going to be through a conditional set of circumstances involving Frost's decreased stamina and an incredibly high technique multiplier that makes it dangerous to enemies vastly stronger than the user, à la the Shin Kikoho.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:10 pm

Lionel wrote:The unorthodox take on Goku and Botamo's fight was enjoyable in spite of it being short-lived. You can tell that some inspiration was taken from Buyon in making the round and bouncy Botamo physiologically resistant to concussive damage as a result of his malleable body. It actually forced Goku to improvise in a way that takes him out of what he knows by looking to alternative methods for winning instead of just overpowering his opponent like he and everyone else tend to do.

Choreographically speaking, it's all pretty generic. The two gems were Goku's up-from-below arm grab and toss of Botamo out of bounds and Frost's unexpected tail latch onto Goku's boot to swerve back around and land a surprise hit. The rest is largely the same with flurries of punches and some horizontal kicks with a Kamehameha thrown in for good measure.

Like the others, I can't see how Piccolo is going to stand any kind of chance against Frost. He's already admitted that he couldn't keep up with Goku and Vegeta. If he somehow manages to win then it's probably going to be through a conditional set of circumstances involving Frost's decreased stamina and an incredibly high technique multiplier that makes it dangerous to enemies vastly stronger than the user, à la the Shin Kikoho.
Well in one of the episode summary it mentions the special beam cannon but I can't see it doing jack shit to frost.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:25 pm

really shocked that the manga was 31 pages, hopefully this keeps up! The chapter had great artwork from beginning to end except the confusion over the SSJ/B thing.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:46 pm

The manga should always had this size. Its a monthly manga.
Have a weekly size is the only complaint I have about the other chapters.

-Herms tweet-
Botamo's stamina doesn't fall unless he takes damage. Frost is U6's best at hand-to-hand combat (do the other guys have other specialities?)
Cool stuff Toriyama. Lets make them as unique team members as possible.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:51 pm

Xeztin wrote:really shocked that the manga was 31 pages, hopefully this keeps up! The chapter had great artwork from beginning to end except the confusion over the SSJ/B thing.
There shouldn't be confusion, though. When we first saw SSJB in the manga their hair was shaded, normal SSJ is not shaded. Plus we already saw the anime's episode title reveal that Goku was going SSJ:

"Episode 33- Astonished 6th Universe! This is Super Saiyan Son Goku! "

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:20 pm

SaiyaSith wrote:
Xeztin wrote:really shocked that the manga was 31 pages, hopefully this keeps up! The chapter had great artwork from beginning to end except the confusion over the SSJ/B thing.
There shouldn't be confusion, though. When we first saw SSJB in the manga their hair was shaded, normal SSJ is not shaded. Plus we already saw the anime's episode title reveal that Goku was going SSJ:

"Episode 33- Astonished 6th Universe! This is Super Saiyan Son Goku! "
I agree with you, I just dislike how it wasn't said this is Super Saiyan or God in the manga causing confusion. I believe it was the normal SSJ and that from now on it will be Base Goku>Gold SSJ>Blue SSJ from weakest to strongest replacing Goku Base>SSJ1>2>3. (I hope SSJ1 is renamed SSJ Gold if he doesn't use SSJ2 and 3 anymore.)

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:35 pm

Using first form Frost's colors as a base and going by the shading I did a quick and dirty edit of what I think final form Frost will look like in color
I actually like it a lot.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:40 pm

Look's great but I was thinking the arms would sort of mirror the legs, not as black but like a charcoal black grayish color for some reason.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:41 pm

Xeztin wrote:Look's great but I was thinking the arms would sort of mirror the legs, not as black but like a charcoal black grayish color for some reason.
The shade of grey on his arms was the same as his skin in his previous forms so I went with that.