"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Miracles
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Miracles » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:59 pm

HeroR wrote:
Miracles wrote:
HeroR wrote:That was only said in the anime, not the manga.
Vegeta: "Goku has sealed the overflowing power from blue within his body."~Chapter 24
Sealing overflowing power isn't the same same as Whis talking about 'leaking ki', since everyone in Super has auras, including Beerus. Yet, Whis doesn't call that leaking ki.
Sealing ki increases power. Goku and Vegeta moved in the training world when they kept their ki from leaking in the anime. It's the same concept here.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:07 am

Miracles wrote: Sealing ki increases power. Goku and Vegeta moved in the training world when they kept their ki from leaking in the anime. It's the same concept here.
It really isn't since ki leaking has nothing to do with having an aura or not, unlike the manga. And as I said, Whis in the manga said nothing about leaking ki, so you're taking a line from the anime and putting it into the manga.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:21 am

HeroR wrote:
Miracles wrote: Sealing ki increases power. Goku and Vegeta moved in the training world when they kept their ki from leaking in the anime. It's the same concept here.
It really isn't since ki leaking has nothing to do with having an aura or not, unlike the manga. And as I said, Whis in the manga said nothing about leaking ki, so you're taking a line from the anime and putting it into the manga.
Never stated ki leaking has anything to do with just an aura showing. It has everything to do with losing energy. Aura's disappeared, showing the overflowing/leaking power being sealed.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:18 am

Miracles wrote:[
Never stated ki leaking has anything to do with just an aura showing. It has everything to do with losing energy. Aura's disappeared, showing the overflowing/leaking power being sealed.
It was more or less implied since Mastered Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan happens by Goku sucking in his own aura.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Analytical Delusion
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytical Delusion » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:39 am

LightBing wrote:I don't think we will and I hope Kaioken never sees the light of day in the manga.
Miracles wrote:Mastered Super Saiyan Blue > Kaioken Blue.
The point in the story is to control one's ki from leaking.
Hoping you guys are right. The anime seemed to be moving away from KK as a plot point, but from the latest spoilers, seems we'll be seeing it again in the Jiren fight. Though, I suppose if we get to that point without KK making an appearance, it's likely it won't at all (since at that point, the new transformation would replace it as Goku's battle form).

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:50 am

Analytical Delusion wrote:The anime seemed to be moving away from KK as a plot point
How if Goku abused it during the recruitment arc and the Zen Exhibition? If anything, it was setting up for him to use a higher level of Kaioken from the start.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:51 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Analytical Delusion wrote:The anime seemed to be moving away from KK as a plot point
How if Goku abused it during the recruitment arc and the Zen Exhibition? If anything, it was setting up for him to use a higher level of Kaioken from the start.
Remember how Vegeta was supposed to be right next to Goku power wise :P
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:06 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
As of the newest manga chapter, he is. Remember that the manga is approximately 29 episodes behind the anime, to put it like that, and has ample time to set new things up or change things compared to it (while staying within the outline, of course). Without Kaioken, we may see a pretty large deviation between how anime Goku becomes a Limit Breaking Saiyan and how manga Goku does.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Analytical Delusion
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytical Delusion » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:15 pm

Doctor. wrote:
We hadn't seen it at all during the ToP though, when during nearly every other fight, it made an appearance.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:17 pm

Analytical Delusion wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
We hadn't seen it at all during the ToP though, when during nearly every other fight, it made an appearance.
The narrative in the ToP is that he's conserving his energy (even if that's immediately contradicted every episode), of course he wouldn't use such a taxing power-up.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:19 pm

Alruneia wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Doctor. wrote: How if Goku abused it during the recruitment arc and the Zen Exhibition? If anything, it was setting up for him to use a higher level of Kaioken from the start.
As of the newest manga chapter, he is. Remember that the manga is approximately 29 episodes behind the anime, to put it like that, and has ample time to set new things up or change things compared to it (while staying within the outline, of course). Without Kaioken, we may see a pretty large deviation between how anime Goku becomes a Limit Breaking Saiyan and how manga Goku does.
No I mean in comparison to the anime where Goku can raise his power by dozens of times over without Limit Breaker, making Vegeta a total worthless mook next to him. In the manga the idea of them being basically the same remains firmly in place.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:14 pm

ekrolo2 wrote: No I mean in comparison to the anime where Goku can raise his power by dozens of times over without Limit Breaker, making Vegeta a total worthless mook next to him. In the manga the idea of them being basically the same remains firmly in place.
That idea was thrown out the window when Goku learnt Hakai after watched it off-screen. Vegeta has no chance in a deathmatch.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:27 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: No I mean in comparison to the anime where Goku can raise his power by dozens of times over without Limit Breaker, making Vegeta a total worthless mook next to him. In the manga the idea of them being basically the same remains firmly in place.
That idea was thrown out the window when Goku learnt Hakai after watched it off-screen. Vegeta has no chance in a deathmatch.
Which will never happen because Goku wouldn't want to kill Vegeta nor does he often try to kill people he has good reason to try and kill.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:02 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:
Which will never happen because Goku wouldn't want to kill Vegeta nor does he often try to kill people he has good reason to try and kill.
Doesn't change the fact Goku in the manga can erase the prince's existence. They aren't basically on the same level.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:13 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
If it ever happened I'm pretty sure Vegeta would think of counter-measures, the element of surprise is gone. Goku always had the best attacks, like the Genki Dama. Doesn't mean he's still not even with Vegeta or whoever the story chooses to make him equal to.

The only difference between Goku and Vegeta in the manga was in the last arc, where Goku was ahead of the curve by having Mastered Blue. The first chapter of the new arc quickly put them even once more.

In the manga Vegeta is actually a rival to Goku in the anime not even close. One Kaioken and Vegeta is finger-flicked.

JazzHands

Post by JazzHands » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:53 am

I believe Toyotaro has been working on this manga since those first or before those manga scans of the arc. I believe it will be done much better than the Anime.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:56 pm

JazzHands wrote:I believe Toyotaro has been working on this manga since those first or before those manga scans of the arc. I believe it will be done much better than the Anime.
You wish.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:28 pm

Noah wrote:
JazzHands wrote:I believe Toyotaro has been working on this manga since those first or before those manga scans of the arc. I believe it will be done much better than the Anime.
You wish.
It's very possible. Besides Dyspo vs Hit, anime's Tournament of power has been underwhelming so far.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:42 pm

Miracles wrote:
Noah wrote:
You wish.
It's very possible. Besides Dyspo vs Hit, anime's Tournament of power has been underwhelming so far.
Can't say I agree with that at all.

As for the other issue, Vegeta isn't meant to be on Goku's level in the anime. Unless the outline specifically says what level of power they're at, Toyo and Toei seem like they get free enough control to make some characters as strong as they want them to be at times. In the manga's case, Toyo has Goku and Vegeta on par. In the anime, Vegeta is one-shot material to Goku in the power department.

Zeru14
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeru14 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:45 am

I wonder how different the recruitments will be, I don't see 17 and Goku fighting space poachers for one, or the assassination attempt on Frieza. I hope some training happens, I mean the time chamber is always available to anyone, it would be nice for the team to go in for a day to get into shape and work on some techniques and strategies, they could do that while Goku is in the afterlife getting Frieza.