"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Exline
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Exline » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:48 pm

prince212 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
prince212 wrote: At least I would like hit to be the last u6 warrior standing, or some saiyans , not those namekians , if I remember correctly
If Saonel and Pirina have the same reason for their strength as the anime then they will almost certaintly be last again.

What's so wrong with Saonel amd Pirina being last from Universe 6?

Hit is getting destroyed quickly even though I don't want that. The manga is being rushed so Hit will be lucky to do anything against Jiren.
there’s nothing wrong with those namekians role , it’s just that I prefer a u6 “big fish” being the last one fighting for the survival , would be more dramatic I.m.o .
Hit rushed in the anime and didn’t play as a team , something better for him will be nice , I liked him but if they can make him different will be great , his actuation in the tournament was comparable to an scenario where Goku is knock out in his first battle with Jiren . But ei, just want little surprises , at the end I want it different just because I know what happened in the anime
I thought the U6 Namekians being the last of U6 was interesting rather than having the strongest fighter of that Universe be the last fighter on the stage. It was unpredictable and I enjoyed that. I agree with your previous point about them being more involved in the ToP instead of waiting to fight Gohan and Piccolo. I also feel it'd be OOC of Hit to be working cooperatively with others. Doesn't seem like his MO.
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Bergamo wrote:I really hope that Cabbe does something relevant in the manga adaptation of the ToP. We know he won't fight with Monna, and I certainly hope he isn't embarrassed by Frieza as horribly as he was in the anime. I think if he unlocked Super Saiyan 2 before Caulifla that'd be great.
Frieza is almost definitely going to knockout Cabba.

I think Cabba might fight with Caulifla and Kale against the Pride Yoopers that are not Jiren, Dyspo and Toppo. He might fight some Universe 4 like Ganos as well as I think Roshi might face Universe 10 as they Roshi and universe 10 are probably getting onocled out very soon.
Yeah I'm predicting the same thing about Roshi vs. U10. It'd be a greater fight as opposed to him vs. U4 like in the anime. The U10 fighters are martial artists and Roshi could show everyone in U10 his style is the superior one.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:03 am

SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:
Bergamo wrote:
Exline wrote:
Finally, somebody who speaks my language haha.

However I'm gonna have to agree with prince212 about Goku training Caulifla. It's a pretty awkward character moment in the anime. I'd rather Caulifla get her ass handed to her for being so cocky and then it pushes her to SSJ2 and becomes more of a challenge for Goku, making him interested in fighting her.
I personally thought that the Goku and Caulifla fight in the anime was perfect as it is, but I can understand why someone wouldn't like it. It reminded me of the fights in Dragonball where Master Roshi would mentor his opponent while he was battling them.
It just doesn't seem appropriate doing that and out of place for the setting's demand. It forces the frustration in asking why are they not trying to ring each other out??? If that was a needed plot-point, then she should have just been in a fight and watch Goku from afar glance or something to try and copy him. Something like that in the high speed setting ould have fit better, like when Vegeta tried to copy UI Goku on the spot, not stop and ask Goku to break it down for him. Or, Goku can just curbstomp through Caulifla and then force her to realize her cockiness made her ignorant. Breaking the ace in her would be needed to counteract the "sheer potential" in someone like her, rather than rewarding it. That would probably fix her character to a lot of people. The same way Beerus humbled Goku in the BOG movie when Goku got full of himself with SS3 and was dumbfounded by god tiers.
I think that would be fine as well but I still enjoyed the interactions they had. But, if it didn't happen, I'm fine with it.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:12 am

Toyotaro's tweet
Using google translate:
Around the inner it was scattered to completely Sakura also raining. Although not especially Toka cherry blossoms every year, something lonely I talk Datte What So Ne will be feeling, but w Well work Ganbaro
No idea about the dialogue.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:11 am

Hawk9211 wrote:Toyotaro's tweet
Using google translate:
Around the inner it was scattered to completely Sakura also raining. Although not especially Toka cherry blossoms every year, something lonely I talk Datte What So Ne will be feeling, but w Well work Ganbaro
No idea about the dialogue.
He's talking about how it's raining and the sakura are blossoming and that he doesn't really do hanami each year and feels a bit lonely. "Oh well, this doesn't matter, I'm gonna work hard".

Marcarita is saying "Wow, so pretty".

blain218
Banned Alternate Account

Post by blain218 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:19 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:
Bergamo wrote:
ToshioWrites wrote:Goku training an opponent in a tournament about survival is dumb as hell. Atleast in Vegeta case, the tournament didn’t risk their lives.

Goku helping hit but not helping Roshi twice in the anime

Goku letting Caulifla and kale escape in 101

Goku training Caulifla

These were both dumb as hell and Goku saving Roshi from frost gives me hope that Toyo will skip all that crap.
Goku gave Cell a senzu bean so that Cell would perform better in a tournament where if he won, the planet would be destroyed. That's insane and stupid, but that's also goku.

That was him misreading his son and thinking he would bring out his latent power because he enjoys battle with a strong fighter.

Anyways you would think he would learn from previous mistakes, character development isn’t a bad thing
Wrong. He did that because he was convinced that Gohan would still win regardless, and he was right.

Either way, Goku training Caulifla in the middle of the ToP fits his character. He always wants to get the best out of his opponents even when his life is on the line. Like when he gave Piccolo Jr. a senzu bean after the 23th, him allowing Freeza to reach 100% of his power while Namek explodes, him allowing Vegeta to live at the end of the Saiyan arc, him not killing Fat Buu as a SSJ3, etc. The Goku and Caulifla thing was a typical Goku moment, plus he didn't see her and Kale as true threats before they fused.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:50 pm

blain218 wrote: Either way, Goku training Caulifla in the middle of the ToP fits his character.
The Goku and Caulifla thing was a typical Goku moment
Fits his character but it’s not typical ... Goku training somebody onscreen time ? Only remember Gohan training and most of it was out-screen .
One thing is to give a second opportunity for the shake of a future best fight , and another thing is choose that moment in the middle of a survival tournament to train or give advice to somebody , that was a wrong time to do that, any enemy could take advantage when the teacher is talking. PLus Goku loosing energies that were important to save some of his teammates and his son .......Hopefully won’t happen in the manga , it’s a nonsense
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:58 pm

I don't think Toyo will show that. He's already fixed the goku acting like a dumbass while Roshi was in trouble thing. Hopefully we won't have to see goku letting his guard down consistently or helping out opponents/training them either.

Rebel Instinct
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rebel Instinct » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:19 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:I don't think Toyo will show that. He's already fixed the goku acting like a dumbass while Roshi was in trouble thing. Hopefully we won't have to see goku letting his guard down consistently or helping out opponents/training them either.
Provided that Goku directly teaching the Saiyan girls how to transform and fight isn't a part of Toriyama's outlines, I feel like (in typical Toyotaro fashion) things will play out in such a way as to accomplish similar beats, but in a more practical way.

If/when Goku gets around to fighting the Saiyan girls, he'll likely push them into a corner with his superior strength and fighting prowess just like in the anime. However, he won't start openly mentoring them like in the anime, but he'll still not power up right away until he absolutely needs to. Toyotaro can then use this scenario to accomplish two things: Caulifla, when pushed to her limits by Goku, may unlock Super Saiyan 2 (that is, if Toyotaro is inclined to even give her the form at all) or seeing Caulifla being overpowered and beaten may trigger Kale's berserk transformation. When Caulifla and Kale get stronger and continue fighting back, Goku can escalate his strength even further and keep pressuring them until they are forced to fuse. Only then will he choose to go all out and knock them out of the ring.

While very similar to the anime, this scenario won't necessarily have to follow hot on the heels of a major defeat against Jiren and it would help mitigate the problem of Goku foolishly teaching his opponents how to win and wasting precious stamina when universal genocide is at stake. He'll instead hold back to conserve stamina for his desired fight with Jiren, the girls will drag more power out of Goku and the slow escalation will in turn push the girls to unlock new forms and refine their abilities to keep up. Goku doesn't look like a dipstick openly teaching his opponents how to get stronger, but Goku can still stay in character by sandbagging and not knocking the girls out right away until he's seen the full extent of their abilities/has no choice but to go all out. It even gives room for the girls to have emotional beats and meaningful bonding moments like in the anime.
Last edited by Rebel Instinct on Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:01 pm, edited 10 times in total.
The post-Super fandom has ruined my love for Dragon Ball.

blain218
Banned Alternate Account

Post by blain218 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:21 pm

prince212 wrote:
blain218 wrote: Either way, Goku training Caulifla in the middle of the ToP fits his character.
The Goku and Caulifla thing was a typical Goku moment
Fits his character but it’s not typical ... Goku training somebody onscreen time ? Only remember Gohan training and most of it was out-screen .
One thing is to give a second opportunity for the shake of a future best fight , and another thing is choose that moment in the middle of a survival tournament to train or give advice to somebody , that was a wrong time to do that, any enemy could take advantage when the teacher is talking. PLus Goku loosing energies that were important to save some of his teammates and his son .......Hopefully won’t happen in the manga , it’s a nonsense
This is same character that allows Freeza to go full power while Namek is about explode, the same character that never takes villains seriously until they do something really evil. I doubt the manga will be different.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:15 pm

Hope to see Hit knocking some heads on the next chapter.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:17 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:Hope to see Hit knocking some heads on the next chapter.
Hope he redeems himself a bit.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:36 pm

When's this chapter due?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:58 pm

TobyS wrote:When's this chapter due?
Same day as always i guess. Leaks out 17th or 18th, chapter by viz the 21st

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:38 am

Hawk9211 wrote:
I'm hoping Hit is the one to push Goku into Ultra Instinct Omen

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:15 am

Hawk9211 wrote:
Yeah me to, especially if they're going to make his defeat(presumably to Jiren) anything significant.
OLKv3 wrote: I'm hoping Hit is the one to push Goku into Ultra Instinct Omen
I still think UI is going to be something that Goku unlocks fighting Jiren, I just hope that if Hit does fight and lose to Jiren, he gets a far more entertaining showing than in the abysmal episode 111. I think it would be really cool if he actually did use his killing techniques, and though proving quite formidable, is still overcome.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:32 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote:
Yeah me to, especially if they're going to make his defeat(presumably to Jiren) anything significant.
I still think UI is going to be something that Goku unlocks fighting Jiren, I just hope that if Hit does fight and lose to Jiren, he gets a far more entertaining showing than in the abysmal episode 111. I think it would be really cool if he actually did use his killing techniques, and though proving quite formidable, is still overcome.
Jiren is way stronger than Hit and after what Toyotaro did to Krillin and Tien along with Hit being weaker in the manga I think Hit is getting destroyed easily.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:42 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote: Hope he redeems himself a bit.
Jiren is way stronger than Hit and after what Toyotaro did to Krillin and Tien along with Hit being weaker in the manga I think Hit is getting destroyed easily.
It's a pipe dream,but if hit gets god ki.He should at least be above toppo.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:44 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote: Hope he redeems himself a bit.
That's also a possibility, but I think Hits a character bound to get better treatment than Tenshinhan or Kuririn because his actually relevant to the story. I mean, he is the strongest fighter of the 6th universe.
Hawk9211 wrote: It's a pipe dream,but if hit gets god ki.He should at least be above toppo.
He doesn't need God ki if his got crazy hax killing techniques.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:17 am

Hawk9211 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
It's a pipe dream,but if hit gets god ki.He should at least be above toppo.
He could get many things but won't and that is the same for other characters.
JazzMazz wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
JazzMazz wrote: Yeah me to, especially if they're going to make his defeat(presumably to Jiren) anything significant.

That's also a possibility, but I think Hits a character bound to get better treatment than Tenshinhan or Kuririn because his actually relevant to the story. I mean, he is the strongest fighter of the 6th universe.

In the anime he didn't even do anything really apart from losing to Jiren and obviously he will do something to Jiren but ultimately it will just be used to show strong Jiren is.

Exline
Beyond Newbie

Post by Exline » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:04 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote:
Yeah I shared a similar idea in a discord chat a while ago. I thought it would've been interesting to see Hit, a 1000 year old assassin, be pushed to his limits to use his most fatal techniques on such a fearsome foe. Jiren tanking his assassination attempt could lead to Jiren to start taking the tournament much more seriously and actually eliminating the opponents rather than holding back. Hit is a villain after all, he kills people for a living and Jiren should take that into consideration.