"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Matches Malone
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:01 am

Dragon Wukong wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:56 amGoku using Ultra Instinct would be good, but it would have to be in conjunction with trying to get him still long enough for Vegeta to unfuse them IMO.
MUI is the only option that makes sense if Beerus isn't involved, as unlike Vegeta who managed to get results from his training, Goku completely failed. At least this way he can make up for that by either taking down Moro or helping Vegeta separate them.

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:31 am

If Molo gets UI(sign) he could grab Beerus. Three slots. Spirit control, UI, Hakai.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:49 am

It would be interesting if Moro decided to split off Piccolo, but I doubt that will ever happen.

I think ultimately Vegeta will be able to split Moro with the help of Goku. Maybe Buu will join the battle too?
I don’t think Beerus will arrive on Earth, but maybe by this chapter already things will get so bad that Merus will be forced to intervene.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

FiReFTW

Post by FiReFTW » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:12 am

I don't understand why everyone seems to keep mentioning beerus getting involved when he has shown nothing but a plain disinterest in Moro and everything related to him.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:50 am

Is it just me? Or do these drafts seem more clear now? Or am I getting used to it? Or is it because many of these shots had close ups?

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:39 am

FiReFTW wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:12 am I don't understand why everyone seems to keep mentioning beerus getting involved when he has shown nothing but a plain disinterest in Moro and everything related to him.

Beerus made the food excuse to go see Earth after Whis and Merus were talking negatively about the battle on Earth. Beerus is no doubt there to see what the big deal is and how this Moro guy is such a problem.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:11 pm

From what I'm getting from the translation Moro's power steal has no time limit this time, so that's gonna be an issue....
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:24 pm

HulkTySSJ4 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:41 am UI, Gogeta, or Merus confirmed at this point.
Roll the dice.
You know what? I will bet on an alternative route: Goku grabs Moro and presses the Zen'o button.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:51 pm

SSJgogeto wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:24 pm You know what? I will bet on an alternative route: Goku grabs Moro and presses the Zen'o button.
Dragging Moro to Zeno's palace would be an interesting subversion.

MajinVegetaPD
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaPD » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:37 pm

God forbid it ever gets interesting. I don't see this ending any other way than beating the dead horse of "Goku saves the day". I expect we see MUI again.

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:17 am

SSJgogeto wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:24 pm You know what? I will bet on an alternative route: Goku grabs Moro and presses the Zen'o button.
Goku just straight up teleporting Moro to Zeno seems like such an interesting idea. I doubt it'd happen, but it'd be pretty hilarious if it does.

Anyhoo, I think I might be missing something here, but can't Vegeta just remove Seven-Three from Moro? If he can separate Nail and Kami (who fused willingly) from Piccolo, I don't see why he can't do the same with Moro.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:40 am

MajinVegetaPD wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:37 pmGod forbid it ever gets interesting. I don't see this ending any other way than beating the dead horse of "Goku saves the day". I expect we see MUI again.
MUI Goku would be infinitely more interesting than having boring Merus save the day, or the equally boring fusion technique. MUI has only been seen once, so it's still unique and holds weight behind it.
DBZ Macky wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:17 am I think I might be missing something here, but can't Vegeta just remove Seven-Three from Moro?
I believe he can, otherwise why mention such an ability if it isn't going to play a role in the story.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:11 am

Matches Malone wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:40 am
MajinVegetaPD wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:37 pmGod forbid it ever gets interesting. I don't see this ending any other way than beating the dead horse of "Goku saves the day". I expect we see MUI again.
MUI Goku would be infinitely more interesting than having boring Merus save the day, or the equally boring fusion technique. MUI has only been seen once, so it's still unique and holds weight behind it.
DBZ Macky wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:17 am I think I might be missing something here, but can't Vegeta just remove Seven-Three from Moro?
I believe he can, otherwise why mention such an ability if it isn't going to play a role in the story.
I can see a side-story about Vegeta travelling the universe and splitting fused people, starting with Piccolo :lol:
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:20 am

I hope the mastered Ultra Instinct won’t appear as it’s too early and would be too Heroes-ish if it once again shows up only for Goku to not be able to use it again the next time. No thanks. Not that I think it will even appear as it’s clear it’s being saved for Toriyama’s stories.

Goku bringing Zeno is also definitely out of the question. He should know well that the Zenos are psychopaths which could erase everything, like Future Zeno did to Future Trunks’ timeline. Also it would be incredibly anticlimactic and absolutely out of place in the arc’s narrative.

It’s so obvious that Merus will intervene, I don’t know why people won’t get it. What’s not obvious is what the outcome will be and what Merus’ intervention will amount to: will he just erase Moro and face consequence, will he help out Goku and Vegeta to deal the final blow and still face consequence, or will they find a loophole so that Merus can help out without being erased by the Grand Priest? Only time will tell.

The only other interesting theory I have read is that Beerus himself might actually either step up and help out in the fight, or order Whis or Merus to join the fight. That is, of course, if Angels are allowed to fight under a God’s order or if they absolutely cannot fight under any circumstance.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:23 am

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:39 am
FiReFTW wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:12 am I don't understand why everyone seems to keep mentioning beerus getting involved when he has shown nothing but a plain disinterest in Moro and everything related to him.

Beerus made the food excuse to go see Earth after Whis and Merus were talking negatively about the battle on Earth. Beerus is no doubt there to see what the big deal is and how this Moro guy is such a problem.
Interesting point. Yes, I agree.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:55 am

emperior wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:20 amIt’s so obvious that Merus will intervene, I don’t know why people won’t get it.
It's not that people don't get it, they don't want it to happen, and understandably so. The idea of making the established cast look like incompetent idiots in order to make the new guy shine is by far one of the worst stoytelling methods I've ever seen.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:02 am

Matches Malone wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:55 am
emperior wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:20 amIt’s so obvious that Merus will intervene, I don’t know why people won’t get it.
It's not that people don't get it, they don't want it to happen, and understandably so. The idea of making the established cast look like incompetent idiots in order to make the new guy shine is by far one of the worst stoytelling methods I've ever seen.
He’s an Angel, though. Also it’s very likely that his intervention won’t just result in Merus effortlessly killing Moro. He may just get there, give a huge help to Goku and Vegeta, get grabbed by Whis and then the established cast (most likely just Vegeta) will kill Moro for good.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:08 am

emperior wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:02 amHe’s an Angel, though. Also it’s very likely that his intervention won’t just result in Merus effortlessly killing Moro. He may just get there, give a huge help to Goku and Vegeta, get grabbed by Whis and then the established cast (most likely just Vegeta) will kill Moro for good.
I wouldn't mind a limited intervention, but I'm completely against him stealing all the spotlight from the main cast, especially Goku and Vegeta after their training.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:27 am

I personally would rather have Merus than MUI Goku as I feel MUI should be saved for something more special and when the arc is more focused on Goku which this arc isn’t

It’s the same reason I don’t really want Beerus to get involved. He has only had a couple small scenes and that just wouldn’t feel thematically appropriate

The reason why I am fine with Merus is because he has played a part this entire arc. And I feel the whole “Angel’s will disappear” and not doing anything with that would be Chekhov's gun at this point

I would also be happy with a Goku/Vegeta tag team win that doesn’t involve fusion. Something that hasn’t really been done yet. Even a sort of reverse Kid Buu arc with Goku fighting Moro allowing Vegeta to do the spirit fission would be interesting too

At this point it’s most likely something we all all guessed. If it’s not than I fear a badly written plot twist

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:05 am

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:11 pm From what I'm getting from the translation Moro's power steal has no time limit this time, so that's gonna be an issue....
Please tell me we won't be seeing Super Saiyan Voro. This new design already looks ugly enough, don't give it hair that will totally not fit!
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017