"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:43 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:40 pm
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:36 pmAlso, what is WHIS doing? Did he just fucking forget what the Grand Priest said? Is Whis dumb? Did he just let Merus out of his sight? Why the hell is Merus on Earth? Whis is going to be held responsible for Merus dying, you'd think Whis would be a bit more stern about this. He quite literally went through hoops trying to keep Merus alive, did Whis hit his head or something?
This whole thing might be part of Whis' plan. While Merus is distracting him without using his angle powers, Whis can heal Vegeta, who can surprise Moro and separate him and 7-3. I could be wrong(I probably am), but there's no way Whis isn't in on this.
It better be, cause there is NO FUCKING WAY, Merus got out of Whis's sight without him noticing. This better be some convoluted plan of action to do something against Moro. If not, Whis would look like a massive idiot allowing Merus to die, when he fucking went through the hoops and hurdles to keep Merus alive.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:46 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:43 pmIt better be, cause there is NO FUCKING WAY, Merus got out of Whis's sight without him noticing. This better be some convoluted plan of action to do something against Moro. If not, Whis would look like a massive idiot allowing Merus to die, when he fucking went through the hoops and hurdles to keep Merus alive.
I think Whis and even Beerus want the Z fighters to be able to win their own fights, as they've been relying on them too much lately, so they're going to help them without helping them...if that makes sense.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:54 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:46 pm
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:43 pmIt better be, cause there is NO FUCKING WAY, Merus got out of Whis's sight without him noticing. This better be some convoluted plan of action to do something against Moro. If not, Whis would look like a massive idiot allowing Merus to die, when he fucking went through the hoops and hurdles to keep Merus alive.
I think Whis and even Beerus want the Z fighters to be able to win their own fights, as they've been relying on them too much lately, so they're going to help them without helping them...if that makes sense.
Though I feel like this is something Beerus should handle, this quite literally a threat that Beerus should deal with since he hasn't done anything of note for a while. Besides, Moro is about the wreck the only place with decent food and decent fighters so that would be conflicting with Beerus's interests.

Beerus most notable action of doing his job was erasing Present Zamasu after foiling his plans to kickstart the Zero Mortal Plan. He hasn't done anything of note since then. If Moro is that much of a concern, Beerus should get off his ass and do something.

It makes little sense why Beerus doesn't intervene. Moro is a now a threat to Universe 7, who already has a low mortal level, which is probably at rock bottom due to Moro's rampage, this could get his Universe erased if Zeno judged it so. What the hell is it going to take for Beerus to stop being a lazy dick and do his job properly? Does someone have to legit destroy every planet with life on it for Beerus to give a damn?
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:00 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:54 pmThough I feel like this is something Beerus should handle, this quite literally a threat that Beerus should deal with since he hasn't done anything of note for a while. Besides, Moro is about the wreck the only place with decent food and decent fighters so that would be conflicting with Beerus's interests.
Didn't Whis say he and Merus could get involved with Beerus' OK ? If that's the case, then chances are he told them to get involved.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:02 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:00 pm
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:54 pmThough I feel like this is something Beerus should handle, this quite literally a threat that Beerus should deal with since he hasn't done anything of note for a while. Besides, Moro is about the wreck the only place with decent food and decent fighters so that would be conflicting with Beerus's interests.
Didn't Whis say he and Merus could get involved with Beerus' OK ? If that's the case, then chances are he told them to get involved.
Even if he did, there's still the looming risk of Merus pulling a angelic sacrifice while not on Whis's leash. Did Whis forget this? There's the chance Merus could feel confident and decide to do it since Whis isn't pulling him on a leash anymore. Merus might decide being a distraction ain't good enough and decide to actually kill Moro.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:02 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:37 pm
Miracles wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:36 pm Merus isn't breaking any angel laws as long as he uses Galactic patrol weaponry and basic tactics.
What's he planning on doing? Trying to distract Moro with his weak weaponry? Moro isn't going to be effected by this, at best Merus can basically run past him at high speed, he can't damage him with his weak weapons.
Maybe Merus is here to motivate Goku into UI. Maybe he brought Dai Kai....But he is here to help. lol

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:04 pm

Miracles wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:02 pm
Miracles wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:36 pm Merus isn't breaking any angel laws as long as he uses Galactic patrol weaponry and basic tactics.
What's he planning on doing? Trying to distract Moro with his weak weaponry? Moro isn't going to be effected by this, at best Merus can basically run past him at high speed, he can't damage him with his weak weapons.
Maybe Merus is here to motivate Goku into UI. Maybe he brought Dai Kai....But he is here to help. lol
Goku is legit dying on the floor, I don't think that's happening.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:38 pm

Maybe Merus' gun has been remodelled into firing off the same kind of sealing stuff that Jiren used in his manga debut appearance?
I could imagine a scenario, where he temporarily traps Moro and heals the others giving them another go at him, since he isn't allowed to.
It's still kinda interfering, but maybe they'll let him go on a technicality, lol.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:48 pm

Merus can't use his angel power which is what he was about to do against Goku for the final test. His power that he used as a GP office that fought SS3 Goku sounds like a loophole as he has been getting involved capturing criminals.

As for Beerus, whennhas Beerus cared or ever done anything to just now show up and save Goku? Beerus's lives for millions of years without the Earth and he didn't care when Frieza destroyed it.

Whis rewinded time teach Goku a lesson.

It's more in Character if Beerus let Earth be destroyed then got mad at Moro after the fact.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:57 pm

I don't see how Merus is going to do anything to Moro, the Galactic Patrol weapons barley distracted Moro in his weaker state, even now he's probably going to shrug Merus's gun attacks off of him. At best, he'll distract Moro, but he aint' doing damage to him. Using his real power would be instant erasure and I doubt Whis would be so stupid as to allow Merus to enter the ring without it being some type of decoy/distraction, unless Whis really did just allow Merus to kill himself despite having STRICT AF orders from the Grand Priest to not allow Merus into the fight.

ssj3kakarot
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj3kakarot » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:34 pm

ShaggyBlanco wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:05 pm
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:02 pm Give Buu a new form lol

Imagine Buu absorbing Moro :lol: :wtf:
What if he absorbed Merus?
What would you call him? Majin MUU
" I swear on that faith I can never back down now" - Goku

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:38 pm

Ok so I at first was hoping that Moro would kill Goku. But then I remembered that he hasn’t drained his energy yet and Moro probably doesn’t want to waste a majority of the energy from earth.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:40 pm

DiscountDabi wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:38 pm Ok so I at first was hoping that Moro would kill Goku. But then I remembered that he hasn’t drained his energy yet and Moro probably doesn’t want to waste a majority of the energy from earth.
How would we waste the energy? He's probably planning on draining everything once the planets out of fighters. How would we waste it?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:51 pm

The only answer I can think of that would be satisfying is that he's there to distract Moro after sneaking Buu back into the fight for a surprise attack.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:28 pm

How come no one seemed to grab any senzu beans for this fight?
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:30 pm

I was listening to some people in the a comment section and someone said something that made me think for a bit. Do you think Moro could actually grab Merus by the neck?

Personally, the reason I could ever see Merus getting necked is on if he does it on his own terms(on purpose). But even if it did work, would they even be able to fight Moro at that point? No one other than Beerus could do jack to him.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:54 pm

I doubt Merus is gonna fight Moro. Let's see.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:56 pm

Zamasu55 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:54 pm I doubt Merus is gonna fight Moro. Let's see.
But why else would Merus be there? At best, I see Merus being there as a distraction, to bring someone who can actually fight into the battlefield. He's probably just going to dodge Moro's attacks and stuff, but none of the weaponry Merus has will be useful in this fight.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:04 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:56 pm
Zamasu55 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:54 pm I doubt Merus is gonna fight Moro. Let's see.
But why else would Merus be there? At best, I see Merus being there as a distraction, to bring someone who can actually fight into the battlefield. He's probably just going to dodge Moro's attacks and stuff, but none of the weaponry Merus has will be useful in this fight.
Well we have to wait the full chapter anyway. Let's see what he plans on doing.

FishermanJohnWest
Beyond Newbie

Post by FishermanJohnWest » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:13 pm

Wow -.- Merus, how obvious

Would be nice for that lazy bum Beerus to do something but apparently they are willing to kill characters off just so he doesn't do anything again