"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

OrangeBanana
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by OrangeBanana » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:14 pm

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:23 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:34 pm
Yuji wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:07 am
He was clowning Moro 73 even without his full Angelic power. He was in mortal mode and didn’t have a Halo. He did far better against Moro 73 than UI Omen Goku did.
It's implied he was using some portion of his angelic powers, though, since Goku says "You're gonna disappear" and Merus confirms that somehow he's still intact. I agree that it's only when he uses his "ring" and staff that he seems at risk of being erased, but his ultra instinct reflexes must be a part of his angelic powers, no?

DevilKing99
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DevilKing99 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:53 pm

Yuji wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:15 am
Jiren The Alpha wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:02 am
Hit and Jiren have no reason to help the dragon team, they have they own universe to thing about.
Obviously. I mean they could have been included in the dragon team in a fight against a multiversal threat, but Super isn't interested in going that route. Like Super perhaps isn't interested in dealing with threats that Merus could help against in the future.
They don't even care about most characters in U7. Goku and Vegeta do 90% of everything.

Moro killed Piccolo's entire race last arc and got nothing besides getting one-shotting by Moro with ease.

Piccolo even said no Point in training if we still can't protect Earth :lol:

And on another note, holy shit the gods of U7 Dragon Ball are incomplete as hell. Shin didn't do jack last arc despite his master being around and Beerus blames Goku despite having 2 months to do something about Moro.

After all the damage Moro caused U7 should be below U9 at this point and Freeza is destroying stuff to lowering the mortal level.

At least Champa seems to have U6 check he made Frost a fugitive of U6 after the Champa arc events and said if he behaves and be nice he'll restore his position. And Belmod supports the Pride Trooper fights against evil in U11, Shin and Beerus are straight failures.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:31 pm

I still wonder if Goku Black and Zamasu fought against Moro in Future Trunks timeline?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:38 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:31 pm I still wonder if Goku Black and Zamasu fought against Moro in Future Trunks timeline?
Maybe. Maybe not.

Zamasu could pretty much solo anything and anyone in his path. He's immortal, nothing can harm him, nothing can kill him. Moro might be much stronger, but he's mortal, he'll eventually succumb to his wounds/excessive exhaustion from trying to kill an immortal God. That's the thing with Immortality, it's an hax that literally only Zeno could counter. Merus probably got himself erased trying to defend the Galactic Patrol.

Or maybe Zamasu just straight up blew up the entire Galactic prison, along with everyone in it. As shown in the Golden Frieza movie, even if your opponent is weaker than you, if they blow up the place you're in then you're pretty much gone. So Zamasu probably got rid of Moro and his minions simply by blowing up their prison with a ki blast.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:49 pm

I think Granola might be a former angel.

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:58 pm

UpFromTheSkies wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:49 pm I think Granola might be a former angel.
Based on what exactly?

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:15 pm

Yuji wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:23 pm
GodVegetto91 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:34 pm
He was clowning Moro 73 even without his full Angelic power. He was in mortal mode and didn’t have a Halo. He did far better against Moro 73 than UI Omen Goku did.
It's implied he was using some portion of his angelic powers, though, since Goku says "You're gonna disappear" and Merus confirms that somehow he's still intact. I agree that it's only when he uses his "ring" and staff that he seems at risk of being erased, but his ultra instinct reflexes must be a part of his angelic powers, no?
Well that was after he started using his Angel staff. But I would say that his UI reflexes come from him being an Angel.. Afterall, this is all very confusing! He might be as weak as Jaco now or still stronger than even Moro 73 lol

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:16 pm

Ilikepictures-meh wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:58 pm
UpFromTheSkies wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:49 pm I think Granola might be a former angel.
Based on what exactly?
Based on desire.

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:19 pm

I think doing the "surprise he was an angel all along" 2 times in a row (even if he is just a former angel) would be too much, how many secret angels are in U7?

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:43 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:16 pm
Based on what exactly?
Based on desire.
Based on the hardware that's installed in it.
:P
But yeah, we don't really have any reason to believe that at the moment. It'd also be weird to pull the "he's actually an angel" twist again right after Merus, so I can't imagine it being the case.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:06 pm

Based on what exactly?
His hair and eyes look like an angels, and at this point for anyone to be significant enough to have an arc built around them they will need to be on the same level as an angel, so it would make sense. Also the way he dispatched the 73 clones so easily kind of reminded me of Merus fighting Moro. Maybe he is Merus' brother and was formerly an angel of an erased universe? It would make for an interesting scenario of Merus having to face his older brother.

I could be wrong and I probably am, but that's what I currently suspect.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:18 pm

theherodjl wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:50 pm
Kanassa wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:46 amDoes Cell really count as a consequence of the team's actions? It's not like Dr. Gero would have stopped making Androids if the Red Ribbon Army wasn't destroyed, dude was already making Androids while he was there.
Of course! Had Goku and the others been more pragmatic in dealing with villains, Cell would not have been a problem for them. Vegeta intentionally allowed Cell to achieve his perfect form. Krillin destroyed the shutdown switch. Piccolo clumsily got taiyoken'd by Cell which led to the villain escaping and absorbing much of the Earth population. Goku refused to preemptively stop Gero's plans even after being informed of it by Trunks. The list goes on.
Ah, i thought you were referring to the basis of the arc (Gero wanting revenge against Goku), not the Z Fighters's daily dose of "Fuck it, let this shit play out" xD
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:32 pm

Either he’s an Angel or a Tuffle. Anything else would genuinely surprise me. That is all.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:07 pm

UpFromTheSkies wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:06 pm
Based on what exactly?
His hair and eyes look like an angels, and at this point for anyone to be significant enough to have an arc built around them they will need to be on the same level as an angel, so it would make sense. Also the way he dispatched the 73 clones so easily kind of reminded me of Merus fighting Moro. Maybe he is Merus' brother and was formerly an angel of an erased universe? It would make for an interesting scenario of Merus having to face his older brother.

I could be wrong and I probably am, but that's what I currently suspect.
Actually, since his design was revealed that was the same thought that crossed my mind. After the Grand Priest explained the matter of Merus, it became even stronger in my mind. Perhaps he is after angel powers stored on OG73-I to recover his former strength or something like that.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:14 pm

Kanassa wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:18 pmAh, i thought you were referring to the basis of the arc (Gero wanting revenge against Goku), not the Z Fighters's daily dose of "Fuck it, let this shit play out" xD
You know...now that I think about it, the way the team bumbles around faces off against their opponents is actually a good thing for us, the readers. Take the fight with Moro for example. Had they fought Moro intelligently then the threat would've been over then & there and we would have no story, with us possibly lamenting on how underwhelming of a threat that Moro was.
Their losses are our gain for entertainment I suppose.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:39 pm

So far Granola doesn't seem evil

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:11 am

When asked about Uub, Goku tells Vegeta that he'll explain it when the time is right, which lines up with EOZ.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:30 am

theherodjl wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:14 pm
Kanassa wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:18 pmAh, i thought you were referring to the basis of the arc (Gero wanting revenge against Goku), not the Z Fighters's daily dose of "Fuck it, let this shit play out" xD
You know...now that I think about it, the way the team bumbles around faces off against their opponents is actually a good thing for us, the readers. Take the fight with Moro for example. Had they fought Moro intelligently then the threat would've been over then & there and we would have no story, with us possibly lamenting on how underwhelming of a threat that Moro was.
Their losses are our gain for entertainment I suppose.
I mean, usually, it's the failure of storytelling if your story has to have everyone be idiots in order for things to get interesting. But with Dragon Ball, the carelessness and stupidity is in-character for the most part, so it's not a problem. For the Moro arc? Eh, sometimes it was fine, but other times it was the characters being stupid because the plot demanded it rather than the character just being stupid (like Moro repeatedly not finishing the job when he's already sworn multiple times that he'll totally kill them this time because they're not worth the risk).

Also, on the Granola discussion: That man is looking fiiiiiine. Please, please don't pull a Moro/Cell and ruin a good design with a more boring transformation design.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:36 am

OLKv3 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:39 pm So far Granola doesn't seem evil
The people who created 7-3 are clearly evil, as they wanted him to rule the universe, Granola however may not be. If he's not, then the villain of the arc may be the boss of the people who are creating the 7-3s.