"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Doctor.
Banned

Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō

Post by Doctor. » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:30 am

My biggest fear is that Piccolo and Boo will job immediately so that we're left with a 5 vs 3 situation. I really hope that doesn't happen. A better twist like the new guy or Goku losing or something, please.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:41 am

Doctor. wrote:My biggest fear is that Piccolo and Boo will job immediately so that we're left with a 5 vs 3 situation. I really hope that doesn't happen. A better twist like the new guy or Goku losing or something, please.
I think each fighter except for Goku will get 2 fights, they'll win the 1st fight then lose the 2nd, In terms of Goku, I think he'll get one long fight with the purple Piccolo and win the tournament before the real bad guy shows him/herself.

The 5th fighter will win against the robot then lose to the bear.
Buu will win against the bear then lose to the Freeza looking guy.
Piccolo will win against the Freeza looking guy then lose to the saiyan.
Vegeta will win against the Siyan then lose to the purple Piccolo.
Goku fights him and wins.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:08 am

Who else thinks it'd be interesting if the robot is from Earth? Maybe what lead Humanity to extinction or maybe what's left from the destruction and is trying to survive in a post-apocalyptic Earth.

He's the character I'm most curious about at the moment, I hope he doesn't have someone inside him but he's actually his own entity.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:32 am

Doctor. wrote:Who else thinks it'd be interesting if the robot is from Earth? Maybe what lead Humanity to extinction or maybe what's left from the destruction and is trying to survive in a post-apocalyptic Earth.

He's the character I'm most curious about at the moment, I hope he doesn't have someone inside him but he's actually his own entity.
I'm not more curious about one over the others, I really want to know all of their stories! Purple guy looks like he might have a cool backstory.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:12 am

I think the new guy will stay the strongest of Beers' team so Goku will eventually lose. It'd be interesting if their fighting order is determined by their test scores.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:18 am

Doctor. wrote:My biggest fear is that Piccolo and Boo will job immediately so that we're left with a 5 vs 3 situation. I really hope that doesn't happen. A better twist like the new guy or Goku losing or something, please.
If anything, Toriyama will have Goku job first. He loves doing trollish shit like that.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:21 am

Lord Beerus wrote:If anything, Toriyama will have Goku job first. He loves doing trollish shit like that.
Yeah that's true, but when was the last time Goku legitimately won a battle by himself? Besides Freeza in F, which is a kinda iffy subject, the last time he won a 1v1 fight against a major character was against Piccolo.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:30 am

Lord Beerus wrote:If anything, Toriyama will have Goku job first. He loves doing trollish shit like that.
I don't know about that but I have a feeling that Buu will get the highest score on the written test.
Doctor. wrote:
Yeah that's true, but when was the last time Goku legitimately won a battle by himself? Besides Freeza in F, which is a kinda iffy subject, the last time he won a 1v1 fight against a major character was against Piccolo.
It was actually against Freeza on Namek which is what I like about his writing cause he doesn't do the same thing all the time which makes fights like that feel special.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:44 am

sintzu wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
It was actually against Freeza on Namek.
Freeza still technically survived, though. I only considering Goku getting a victory against his opponent if he kills his opponent or knocks them out for an extended period of time. Freeza was still alive and conscious after Namek blew up. Of course this doesn't include his victories in the WMAT.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:51 am

Lord Beerus wrote: Freeza still technically survived, though. I only considering Goku getting a victory against his opponent if he kills his opponent or knocks them out for an extended period of time. Freeza was still alive and conscious after Namek blew up.
That's true but he couldn't fight anymore due to him getting sliced up which gives Goku the victory even though he didn't kill him.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:58 am

sintzu wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Freeza still technically survived, though. I only considering Goku getting a victory against his opponent if he kills his opponent or knocks them out for an extended period of time. Freeza was still alive and conscious after Namek blew up.
That's true but he couldn't fight anymore due to him getting sliced up which gives Goku the victory even though he didn't kill him.
Yeah, I guess. It's still a bit of an iffy scenario though.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:04 am

I realize the manga and anime may not ultimately match up, but:

Does anyone who can read Korean know who suggests the idea of having Gokû and Vegeta train in the ROSAT for 3 years? Does it say which character's idea this was?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Vice
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Vice » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:05 am

Yakon would be the last battle Goku won by himself.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:23 am

Alright, I traced and colored Monaca.

This one was WAY easier.
I had to guess the shoe color.

DI297
Beyond Newbie

Post by DI297 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:28 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Alright, I traced and colored Monaca.

This one was WAY easier.
I hate that character with all my heart

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:44 am

I wonder if the reason a number of these new characters have these oval "Hello Kitty" style heads is they're easier to draw.

I miss the Torishima & Toriyama combo. Torishima tended to do well keeping things in check.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:50 am

This one was WAY easier.
Love it! The shoes color seems misplaced although I can't think of anything better. Do you mind if I copy it? Maybe I''l ask in the avatar thread for an avatar.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:50 am

Chuquita wrote:I wonder if the reason a number of these new characters have these oval "Hello Kitty" style heads is they're easier to draw.

I miss the Torishima & Toriyama combo. Torishima tended to do well keeping things in check.
The only one with an outright oval head is the bear.
LightBing wrote:
Love it! The shoes color seems misplaced although I can't think of anything better. Do you mind if I copy it? Maybe I''l ask in the avatar thread for an avatar.
You can use it as an avatar if you want.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:02 pm

I was too vague, I'm sorry. I also meant Monaca, Zuno, and his assistants. I guess rounded in a better term. Lacking in more definition of chins or cheekbones.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:02 pm

This one was WAY easier.
Cool as fuck :lol:
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra