"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by kemuri07 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:25 am

For shits and giggles I rewatched that scene: To anime Goku's credit, he's just as shocked as everyone else following the reveal. What kills me is that almost immediately following that he goes right back to being fight happy and assumes the smuggest look on his face, despite the fact that he's doomed several universes worth of people to being wiped out of existence.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:53 am

OLKv3 wrote:How does DBS compare with other monthly manga?
I only saw a few chapters of Boruto and think Super is miles ahead of it.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:21 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
kemuri07 wrote:I never subscribe to that whole "GOKU IS AN ANTI-HERO" bit that people were spewing out for awhile. LIke, I get that Toriyama never intended for him to be Superman, but I don't believe that he made him to be a sociopathic asshole either. So the fact that the Manga makes it so that Goku is just as blindsided by the news that the losers of the tournament will be wiped out of existence, and goes so far as to offer to try to change the rules is a far better depiction of Goku than just "lol, as long as I get to fight" version that's seen in the anime.
The anime version also offered to speak with Zeno to see if he could get the rules changed and was roundly shot down. The biggest problem was that they also had those bits in the Zen Exhibition Matches where he was acting like an asshole to the other fighters and gods. I have no idea why they made him act like that as it hasn't really gone anywhere and plenty of people were already planning to attack U7 because they don't like Beerus. :eh:
I actually liked that Goku was so flippant towards the other Gods and fighters. It feel like it was a nice combination of Goku's usual excitement on a new potential challenge, his (Saiyan) pride over the fact that he feels supremely confident in his own ability to overcome any adversary that comes his way, and the confidence he has that Universe 7 will survive and live. Goku was acting as a martial artist to its core. Being excited, prideful and confident to his fullest extent. People may interpret that as Goku being an asshole, but to Goku, that's just how expresses himself.

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:29 am

pacz360 wrote:So what do you think next week chapter will focus on?
Goku will be recruiting 17 and also tell Krillin and 18 about the tournament. The best thing would be 18 and Krillin living on the Roshi's island, so he can recruit them all 3 at once. If Goku'll need Dende's help, like in the anime, about locating 17, he could run into Piccolo at Kami's lookout and have him recruit Gohan. There will probably be a sparring fight with 17 and in the second half, the manga will concentrate on another universe fighters (most likely U6 Saiyans). If not, I can see Goku mentionig Frieza at the end of the chapter, after realizing Buu is asleep. Toyotaro is making these chapters pretty long, so I don't expect them goint to the tournament at least till February.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:41 am

IM21 wrote:
pacz360 wrote:So what do you think next week chapter will focus on?
Goku will be recruiting 17 and also tell Krillin and 18 about the tournament. The best thing would be 18 and Krillin living on the Roshi's island, so he can recruit them all 3 at once. If Goku'll need Dende's help, like in the anime, about locating 17, he could run into Piccolo at Kami's lookout and have him recruit Gohan. There will probably be a sparring fight with 17 and in the second half, the manga will concentrate on another universe fighters (most likely U6 Saiyans). If not, I can see Goku mentionig Frieza at the end of the chapter, after realizing Buu is asleep. Toyotaro is making these chapters pretty long, so I don't expect them goint to the tournament at least till February.
They don't live on Roshi's island anymore, RoF showed them in the house that they now use in DBS, so the manga will also have that. I'm sure 18 won't know where he lives, so he'll go to Dende, then to the island

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:49 am

kemuri07 wrote:For shits and giggles I rewatched that scene: To anime Goku's credit, he's just as shocked as everyone else following the reveal. What kills me is that almost immediately following that he goes right back to being fight happy and assumes the smuggest look on his face, despite the fact that he's doomed several universes worth of people to being wiped out of existence.
He hasn't, they were all gonna be wiped out anyway.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:34 am

alakazam^ wrote:
kemuri07 wrote:For shits and giggles I rewatched that scene: To anime Goku's credit, he's just as shocked as everyone else following the reveal. What kills me is that almost immediately following that he goes right back to being fight happy and assumes the smuggest look on his face, despite the fact that he's doomed several universes worth of people to being wiped out of existence.
He hasn't, they were all gonna be wiped out anyway.
The second Zeno is the unaddressed elephant in the room as far as this goes. He was shown to be a major factor in that decision in the manga in the early part of the arc. That scene never happens in the anime but the implication still hangs there since we've seen two different futures with only the one Zeno, one decades later and one centuries, and the universes are/were intact. Goku is responsible for that and the subject is hopefully addressed in some fashion by the end of the arc.

Though I suppose it is possible that the future Gowasu and Zamasu had already 'corrected' itself to allow for the events of the Tournament of Power and Universe 10 had been wished back or something. :think:

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:05 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
IM21 wrote: They don't live on Roshi's island anymore, RoF showed them in the house that they now use in DBS, so the manga will also have that. I'm sure 18 won't know where he lives, so he'll go to Dende, then to the island
The anime shows the house, the movie doesn't. But yea, they probably are in the city cause Krillin in a cop there. I just thought it would be quicker to recruit 3 of them at once.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:32 pm

zeno was already planning on erasing the universes goku gave them a shot to survive than die without notice

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:56 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:The second Zeno is the unaddressed elephant in the room as far as this goes. He was shown to be a major factor in that decision in the manga in the early part of the arc. That scene never happens in the anime but the implication still hangs there since we've seen two different futures with only the one Zeno, one decades later and one centuries, and the universes are/were intact. Goku is responsible for that and the subject is hopefully addressed in some fashion by the end of the arc.

Though I suppose it is possible that the future Gowasu and Zamasu had already 'corrected' itself to allow for the events of the Tournament of Power and Universe 10 had been wished back or something. :think:
The only thing Goku did was ask when the tournament would be held. Nothing less, nothing more. Everything pertaining the Universes was on Zen'ou.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:37 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:The second Zeno is the unaddressed elephant in the room as far as this goes. He was shown to be a major factor in that decision in the manga in the early part of the arc. That scene never happens in the anime but the implication still hangs there since we've seen two different futures with only the one Zeno, one decades later and one centuries, and the universes are/were intact. Goku is responsible for that and the subject is hopefully addressed in some fashion by the end of the arc.

The only thing Goku did was ask when the tournament would be held. Nothing less, nothing more. Everything pertaining the Universes was on Zen'ou.
You're missing the point. The only reason the danger is there is because Goku brought in another Zeno from another timeline. With one Zeno, the universes aren't in danger of being erased.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:25 pm

OLKv3 wrote:You're missing the point. The only reason the danger is there is because Goku brought in another Zeno from another timeline. With one Zeno, the universes aren't in danger of being erased.
We don't know that, though.

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:13 am

Thing is the manga showed us that zeno's and GP discussed erasing 8 universes before goku ever asked for the tournament wheras in the anime they were just playing with planets and no such thing was mentioned. In the anime it can be implied that maybe zeno would have forgotten about erasing universes for a while whereas in the manga he was gonna do it before goku showed up.

Also I liked that the manga didn't have goku act like a cocky jackass after the universe erasure part was discussed like he did in the anime.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:46 am

alakazam^ wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:You're missing the point. The only reason the danger is there is because Goku brought in another Zeno from another timeline. With one Zeno, the universes aren't in danger of being erased.
We don't know that, though.
Yes we do. We were shown it. In detail I might add.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:57 am

OLKv3 wrote:Yes we do. We were shown it. In detail I might add.
Show us the statement, then.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:26 pm

If I remember correctly, it was never explicitly stated that the universes would have been safe without Future Zen-chan, but Chapter 28 sort of implies that, if not for the chess match between Zen-chan and Future Zen-chan, the topic of getting rid of some of the universes may not have come up; Grand Priest, in fact, was the one to ask if they'd like to get rid of a few, to which the guards react with shock. The fact that Trunks was still around in the future and that existence still...existed, you could say, kind of implies that an individual Zen-chan wouldn't have come up with the idea. Again, it's only implied; as far as I know, nothing in any official capacity has been stated such concretely.
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:35 pm

Noah wrote:
Di--did you not read the chapters
It shows the 2 Zenos deciding to destroy universes because their game is hard.
Without 2 Zenos, this does not happen. As proven with Trunks timelines and Gowasu jumping ahead into the future before Goku changed everything

I know you guys like to argue just to argue, but come on now.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:51 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
Noah wrote:
Di--did you not read the chapters
It shows the 2 Zenos deciding to destroy universes because their game is hard.
Without 2 Zenos, this does not happen. As proven with Trunks timelines and Gowasu jumping ahead into the future before Goku changed everything

I know you guys like to argue just to argue, but come on now.
But maybe he would of thought it himself, after all one of the Zenos had to think it up in the first place. Maybe it wouldn't of happened without both Zenos, but you really can't say for sure.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:19 am

Which universes fighter outside of u6,u7 and u11 u guys think too could give focus on?

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:23 am

pacz360 wrote:Which universes fighter outside of u6,u7 and u11 u guys think too could give focus on?
U2 should get focus due to Brianne, yardrat and tuffle I would jump with joy if he makes vikal more than fodder.
The other universe should be U4 due to rat and cat dynamic.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball