"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Duo
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Duo » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:14 pm

I would argue that the biggest reason many people are finding Goku Black (Manga) to be less entertaining than Goku Black (Anime) is the lack of Masako Nozawa's performance of the character.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:39 pm

Freeza9000 wrote:If we are going by 21, you are counting that same episode where Goku was fighting Copy Vegeta and Future Trunks running at the end of the episode?
The accurate count is #67 (final arc episode) subtracted by #46 (last episode before the its debut) = 21 episodes.
LightBing wrote:[I'm counting sagas, not the whole arcs. Super's arcs aren't big enough to compare to Z's arcs. Future Trunks Arc is 20 episodes, thanks for noticing the mistake.
Oh, I see... Like Captain Ginyu Saga, Android Saga, Great Saiyaman Saga, forgot that arcs could be separated by these.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:24 am

CH 21
The chapter was good, loved how Shin and Gowasu had a sort of bigger role than the anime
Anime is still better with what they did with Black, but I do love how Black was playin Gowasu, pulling a "So.... I can still go back to the light?...." and instantly stabs Gowasu "like hell I will :twisted: " I love how sadistic he is :clap:
Goku made a fcking smart remark thats been on my mind, asking myself "they're using a time machine right? so why cant they just go back the same time they left?" that was fckin smart instead of how the anime wanted to portray Goku being smart, tho Goku in the manga as well as the anime both ended up wrong, time travel in DB is quite weird, they cant travel to a certain time.
So far so good, no Super Saiyan Rage... lets keep it that way Toyo.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:34 am

Duo wrote:I would argue that the biggest reason many people are finding Goku Black (Manga) to be less entertaining than Goku Black (Anime) is the lack of Masako Nozawa's performance of the character.
That might very well be true, reading manga since long, I am habituated and attach voices and movement to the drawings so manga goku seems more entertaining than anime..
Take the voice away and replace it with king kais voice it seems a little off :lol:
Last edited by Ki Breaker on Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:36 am

Next chapter Toyotaro will certainly skip that part of the fight that Goku Black uses clones, which I'd say it's a Toei's thing given the way it played out, but he'll add a different way to extend the fight in order to end the chapter with a hint or with Merged Zamasu himself appearing in the last panel. The chapter won't end at least until April, sure a long ride for someone who said "very soon my manga will be ahead of the anime". :)
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:39 am

Grimlock wrote:sure a long ride for someone who said "very soon my manga will be ahead of the anime". :)
He might have completed this arc already, we just don't know it yet..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:43 am

Grimlock wrote:Next chapter Toyotaro will certainly skip that part of the fight that Goku Black uses clones, which I'd say it's a Toei's thing given the way it played out, but he'll add a different way to extend the fight in order to end the chapter with a hint or with Merged Zamasu himself appearing in the last panel. The chapter won't end at least until April, sure a long ride for someone who said "very soon my manga will be ahead of the anime". :)
He never said that. He just said he would be ahead again and giving notes to the anime team, not that the manga itself would be ahead. In fact, seeing the manga trailer fro US arc, and the fact that last episode had a shot pretty similar to one in that trailer (the one with the Grand Priest, to be specific) pretty much implies the manga IS ahead in the sense it's already finished, but it's still on a monthly release. Hell, he even designed some Hakaishins. He's clearly ahead in the production side.

A lot of users have talked about it before. I don't get why people still don't get it. I'm pretty sure that when the actual tournament starts we will even see a recreation of what we saw in the trailer.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Namz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Namz » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:21 am

KameNinja45 wrote:
Freeza9000 wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: I mean before that, what's gonna make him lose his physical form?
Toyotaro may go the same direction with the Genki Dama but make it more believable than the anime. Or have Vegetto do it.
Since I was so dissatisfied with the anime's ending, I thought of a bunch of different ways in which it could've ended. Here's the way with the Genki-Dama (no Vegito):
At some point, Shin realises that it's futile to try and defeat Merged Zamasu normally. Thus, he proposes the idea of the Genki-Dama to Goku. Goku protests, saying that there's no way that a mere Genki-Dama could defeat a titan like Zamasu, when Gowasu comes up with an idea. Using his Time Ring, he opens up the timespace portal between their timeline and the future timeline, allowing people from the main timeline to contribute their Genki. While Trunks and Vegeta hold Zamasu off, Goku starts building the Genki-Dama, with the voluntary Genki of the future Earth's inhabitants and present Earth's inhabitants. Hell, make some of U6 fighters contribute their Genki, like Hitto and Cabba. Maybe even have Beerus pitch in. Once the Genki-Dama is finally built, Goku tries to bring it down on Zamasu, only for the fused Kaio to knock Goku down, to the point of near-death. Zamasu tries to finish off Goku, only for Trunks to intervene. Zamasu tries to kill him, but, like Trunks did to Goku, Vegeta steps in and fights Zamasu. As he's getting beaten down, Vegeta reminds Trunks of who he's fighting for, and tells him to absorb the Genki-Dama. Then things proceed in the same way as the anime- Trunks absorbs the Genki-Dama, turns it into a sword, and slices Zamasu in half, right through his dyeck.
Not perfect, but better than what we got.
Bro, did you even read the last manga chapter? The time ringl can't be used that way. Only the bearer can use its effect, otherwise the kaioshins would have taken Trunks and Mai to the past so they could have been healed properly.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:50 am

Totamo wrote: Like I said, Super is very divisive when it come to trunks.
And as I said, it is only the most vocal people, just like most of Super.
Duo wrote:I would argue that the biggest reason many people are finding Goku Black (Manga) to be less entertaining than Goku Black (Anime) is the lack of Masako Nozawa's performance of the character.
No, it's because Manga Black is extremely lame.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:28 am

The ending was hype, with the future looking bleak and hopeless, suddenly an angry Vegeta appears confident and badass, and Goku finally completed his training. The way they framed it felt like something from the end of the original DB manga, with Goku waking up to face Freeza

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:43 am

I feel like the manga wont have a Black V Goku at all. Big minus if Toyo doesnt pull one.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:50 am

HeroR wrote: No, it's because Manga Black is extremely lame.
Bruh, what you mean? I ain't finding myself for one second not entertained by this dude.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:53 am

Bansho64 wrote:
Bruh, what you mean? I ain't finding myself for one second not entertained by this dude.
You're in the minority on that one. Most fans don't like/care for Manga Black for several reasons and it isn't just because we don't hear Nozawa's voice. Even fans that prefer the manga over the anime often prefer anime Black over his manga counterpart.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:07 am

HeroR wrote:
Bansho64 wrote:
You're in the minority on that one. Most fans don't like/care for Manga Black for several reasons and it isn't just because we don't hear Nozawa's voice. Even fans that prefer the manga over the anime often prefer anime Black over his manga counterpart.
Gotta agree with Bansho64 here, he is very entertaining

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:14 am

I just don't like how generic the guy is compared to his anime counterpart. I loved how flamboyant he was, and his weird obsession/respect for Goku was great to see as well. I also wouldn't like if the anime didn't have a moment similar to when Black and Zamasu pretty much boast to Goku in his face about how Black killed him and his family and then Goku proceeds to go ham on them.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:30 am

HeroR wrote:
Its not the nost vocal if every db tuber is calling trunks a gary stu. there was even a topic with 13 pages just complaining about his character on this forum.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:32 am

TheMathemagician wrote:I just don't like how generic the guy is compared to his anime counterpart. I loved how flamboyant he was, and his weird obsession/respect for Goku was great to see as well. I also wouldn't like if the anime didn't have a moment similar to when Black and Zamasu pretty much boast to Goku in his face about how Black killed him and his family and then Goku proceeds to go ham on them.
That seen was cool, don't get me wrong but it made no sense and threw powerscale put of whack.

Golu doesn't get rage boosts, thats gohan. Everytime he has gone into a battle full on rage, he got the shit kicked out of him.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:35 am

The problem is: Black's personality is like zamasu while black in the anime is a combination of goku's and zamasu's.

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:57 am

Totamo wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Its not the nost vocal if every db tuber is calling trunks a gary stu. there was even a topic with 13 pages just complaining about his character on this forum.
I think a Youtuber would fit into the category of "Most Vocal".

That's the thing about the vocal people. They are the only ones you hear.

A gary stu is far more than just 2 out of nowhere powers. If Trunks had single handedly beat everyone with no sweat, while Goku and vegeta were in awe about how they wish they were as cool as trunks while he gets promoted to the position of Omni King and then rode a motorcycle into the sky to claim his throne , then the "gary stu" thing would have some traction.
Totamo wrote: That seen was cool, don't get me wrong but it made no sense and threw powerscale put of whack.

Golu doesn't get rage boosts, thats gohan. Everytime he has gone into a battle full on rage, he got the shit kicked out of him.
How did it throw the Power scale out of whack? It didn't amount to anything. He put up a better fight for a bit, then got his ass kicked again. It was barely a boost to begin with.

And to be fair "Rage boost" is never stated to be an exclusive form or technique that only Gohan could use. It just so happens that gohan abused it the most and nothing says no one else can gain from anger. It wouldn't be the most creative thing in the world, granted.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Rhuagh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Rhuagh » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:35 am

The scene of Goku being pinned down by Black and Zamasu was cool, until you realize that Goku could just have gone SSJBlue Kaioken x10 and killed Black. Then it's just embarrassing. This Kaioken bs is the worst addition Toei has done to Super, the FT Arc just doesn't work with it. The manga doesn't have this problem.