"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

phattangent
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō

Post by phattangent » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:11 am

Thanks Herms!
ドラゴンボール超と言うアニメを見ています。あの、日本語が分かりますか?話しましょう!
ザマスに就いて、全王は合体ザマスより大なりです!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:34 am

Seconded! Thank you Herms!

I find it so interesting that Vegeta and Gokû didn't introduce themselves to Cabba through that entire friendly conversation (though Cabba didn't tell them his name either.)
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:50 am

Great. Looks like Vados and Champa are both impressed by Goku. Maybe he could win all the battles, I really hope he can tag out, apart from Hit no one seems to be strong enough to beat Goku.
Wonder how could Cabba recognize Goku and Vegeta... maybe their hairstyle is common between U6 Saiyans, and they didn't tell him their names (or Goku's saiyan name) so it's still possible Kakarot and Vegeta exist or have existed in Universe 6 and that's why Cabba recognized them. I really hope Cabba will fight against Vegeta and that he will reveal us more about U6 Saiyans.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:03 am

Will Goku defeat his opponent with no trouble? Will Botamo show what is he true capable off? Find OUT in the NEXT CHAPTER OF DRAGON BALL SUPER!

Anyway, I think that Boo exclusion will determinate U7 loss in this tournament.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:59 am

The way Piccolo is written during the decision regarding the order of the team it really sounds like he's on a level comparable to Goku's and Vegeta's...

Vynak
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vynak » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:12 am

Not really sure how I feel about the saiyans now being wonderful do-gooders. I mean, I’m happy that the “evil saiyan” thing isn't being pursued but they didn’t have to jump to the opposite end of the spectrum. That’s worse (and more boring) than having them all be evil. There’s a nice middle ground that could have been used and wasn’t. I also hope Frost isn’t going to be the good/moral version of Freeza. I would much prefer a more neutral approach as it's more realistic and has more depth than everything being either black or white.

Regardless though, I really hope they devote an episode (at least) to a planet salad visit so we can see what it looks like and what the overall culture is like.

Also RIP at the saiyan tail :(

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:13 am

Noah wrote:I think that Boo exclusion will determinate U7 loss in this tournament.
I doubt it cause if Goku, Vegeta & Monaca fail to defeat someone then there's no way Buu will be able to.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:28 am

Thanks Herms, so it seems Vados is quite surprised with Goku's speed, thats good to know, at least the 3yrs training with Vegeta paid off. :clap:

The Doc
Not-So-Newbie

Post by The Doc » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:29 am

The way that exchange went down between Cabba and Vegeta, there's no way they're not gonna end up matched up at some point. I look forward to their fight/s.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:50 am

My prediction.- Goku has trouble with Botamo and goes blue. He then wins and impresses everyone form UNIVERSE 6.

Piccolo wins

Champa is mad but gets cocky because....then.....

vegeta sadly loses. this leads up to further events in planet salad.

sergeant Mc nipples loses

Gohan is the tie breaker and wins. Or loses and this furthers the events that leads to planet salad. Gohan grew and narrowly lost to the guy who beat nipples, slightly because he's damaged anyways.

I honestly think team Beerus LOSES. Yep. I called it. (Feel free to insult me when I'm wrong)
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:36 pm

Wait there's no switching out at all?....Well Piccolo's probably fucked. I can't see him beating someone Goku can't.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:39 pm

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:I honestly think team Beerus LOSES. Yep. I called it. (Feel free to insult me when I'm wrong)
Nothing's ever easy for them so you're probably right.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

saunasolmu
Beyond Newbie

Post by saunasolmu » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:43 pm

The way Monaka is being hyped up, I have a feeling that he's going to get the victory to U7.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:52 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Wait there's no switching out at all?....Well Piccolo's probably fucked. I can't see him beating someone Goku can't.
Goku's opponent can get tired from his fight, only narrowly winning, and then Piccolo can come in and finish him off. In other words, a pity kill.

I think Goku will lose the first match, Botamo will either catch him off-guard or cheat. There's my bold prediction. Or Toriyama can go the boring route and do the "Botamo transforms, overwhelms Goku, then Goku transforms and wins" option, which is very predictable.

Sun Wukong
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sun Wukong » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:58 pm

Doctor. wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Wait there's no switching out at all?....Well Piccolo's probably fucked. I can't see him beating someone Goku can't.
Goku's opponent can get tired from his fight, only narrowly winning, and then Piccolo can come in and finish him off. In other words, a pity kill.

I think Goku will lose the first match, Botamo will either catch him off-guard or cheat. There's my bold prediction. Or Toriyama can go the boring route and do the "Botamo transforms, overwhelms Goku, then Goku transforms and wins" option, which is very predictable.
I'm still wondering how in the hell Majin Buu let alone Pickles stand a ghost of a chance in this tournament. Considering that when Fat Champion wasn't impressed with Goku nor Vegeta's level when they were sparring at Beerus' crib. I am curious to see what Mr. Toriyama is going to recton next.
"I was born in a small village. I was still a child when we were raided by soldiers. Foreign soldiers. Torn from my elders, I was made to speak their language. With each new post my masters changed. Along with the words they made me speak. With each change, I changed too. My thoughts, personality, how I saw right and wrong. Words - can - kill."
—Skull Face

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:04 pm

saunasolmu wrote:The way Monaka is being hyped up, I have a feeling that he's going to get the victory to U7.
I don't think he will get the victory, but if he fights he will probably show some impressive skills and techniques.

My bet goes to U6 winning this tournament, probably thanks to Hit, but maybe Toriyama will pull another 25th Tenkaichi Budokai and have something interrupt the tournament. Maybe Champa's team gets badly overpowered by Goku alone and he decides to flee away with the Super Dragon Balls.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:18 pm

My crazy prediction: Redacted after reading the chapter over again :shh:
Last edited by SaiyaSith on Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:33 pm

sintzu wrote:
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:I honestly think team Beerus LOSES. Yep. I called it. (Feel free to insult me when I'm wrong)
Nothing's ever easy for them so you're probably right.

Glad you agree. Super's definitely going past the tournament arc. I see this as a sub plot/set up kind of like with the buu saga.

Tournament leads to universe 6 and there is crazy adventures ensure.

My guess is either another tournament or Goku and Vegeta beating Champa is what gets their planet back. It'll be a good way to show Goku catching up to Beerus, who may go to the universe in order to keep enjoying earth food or collect super dragon balls. All just semi educated guesses, but fun none the less! :D
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

Ssgvegito30
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssgvegito30 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:42 pm

Thanks herms for the English translations, enjoyed reading it... I hope when chapter 9 comes out next month they just mention who fights who and skip which fighter wins and loses and go straight to what happens after the tournament arc.....
"You may have invaded my mind and my body, but there's one thing a Saiyan always keeps! His pride!"

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:44 pm

The scene with a test is gonna be hilarious, but anyway it sucks that Boo will not fight. He's a freaking Majin Boo, a little weaker than his previous self but still.