More surviving saiyans in Super?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Re: More surviving saiyans in Super?

Post by soulnova » Sat May 23, 2015 8:57 pm

FoolsGil wrote:Gure and Tarble have a kid? Sure. Random Saiyans out of the wood work? I'd rather not.
I'm worried of how would that end up looking like.
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

Scott
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scott » Sun May 24, 2015 1:16 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:My idea for Original Super Saiyan God was to have him connected to Vegeta's family. An Ancestor.
He would be the reason why Vegeta's family became royalty.

They always make Bardock badass but everytime we get a flashback about King vegeta, filler or not, he's just getting owned.
Either by Freeza or Beerus.
It would make sense in a way. Vegeta was always annoyed that Goku was ahead of him and thought that because he is the Prince of all Saiyans he should be the one to have that power. I always wondered why Vegeta thought he was so special really. I mean, being Prince is just a title, it doesn't really mean anything. Unless he is connected to the most powerful Saiyans i don't really see why he thinks he should be better than any other Saiyan.

Saying that though, i'm not sure i want to see anymore Saiyan's. Saiyans have been over done in Dragon Ball as it is.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sun May 24, 2015 7:28 am

soulnova wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:Gure and Tarble have a kid? Sure. Random Saiyans out of the wood work? I'd rather not.
I'm worried of how would that end up looking like.
Can't look worse than Marron, to be honest.

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Sun May 24, 2015 8:17 am

Eire wrote:
...Would totally be on board for a little half-Saiyan half-whatever Gure is, though. It would be tiny and hilarious and perfectly Dragon Ball.
It would be sick as hell, because (unless they run into Abh or something) it would imply that he had his way with Hello Kitty's bastard sister. And that's so wrong. :( :x
Well, I mean...they ARE confirmed married...which already implies that. I mean either way he's doing it, you may as well have a hilarious character design out of the peculiar pairing.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Eire
Advanced Regular

Post by Eire » Sun May 24, 2015 8:45 am

Nothing is implied, sexless marriages were a thing in lots of real and fictional cultures, so let it be that way. Tarable is alredy so pitiful that you don't have to make a pervert out of him.
Per aspera ad astra, man!

Women belong in the kitchen.
Men belong in the kitchen.
Everyone belongs in the kitchen, the kitchen has food

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sun May 24, 2015 9:34 am

Eire wrote:sexless marriages were a thing in lots of real and fictional cultures
How many of them were in the DB universe?

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sun May 24, 2015 9:40 am

Didn't Whis confirm the number of surviving Saiya-jins in BoG?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun May 24, 2015 9:46 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote:Didn't Whis confirm the number of surviving Saiya-jins in BoG?
That wouldn't stop there from being more of them if that's what they wanted for the show. Toriyama just outright told everyone in Volume "F" that it's not even about forgetting, as the original author he can change things as he desires.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun May 24, 2015 11:35 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Toriyama just outright told everyone in Volume "F" that it's not even about forgetting, as the original author he can change things as he desires.
Is there a link to that?!
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Sun May 24, 2015 12:59 pm

Eire wrote:Nothing is implied, sexless marriages were a thing in lots of real and fictional cultures, so let it be that way. Tarable is alredy so pitiful that you don't have to make a pervert out of him.
Tarble wanting to raise a child with the woman he loves makes him a pervert? That's idiotic.

Vegeta, Goku and Krillin all confirmed for perverts.

Master Roshi and Oolong who haven't reproduced or got married confirmed for prudes.

Seriously; how would wanting to have a child with the woman he loves make Tarble a pervert?
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Sun May 24, 2015 1:04 pm

Eire wrote:Nothing is implied, sexless marriages were a thing in lots of real and fictional cultures, so let it be that way. Tarable is alredy so pitiful that you don't have to make a pervert out of him.
It is implied Tarble grew up with them and even already married Gure, so he loves her. I really don't see how he would be a pervert. :eh:
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Sun May 24, 2015 1:15 pm

emperior wrote:Would be cool to meet the original Super Saiyan God, and having him stronger than Whis because he has trained for many many years since his death. Would also be cool to see his comrades, as those were strong warriors and pure-hearted ones so I don't see why they shouldn't have kept their bodies in afterlife. Would be awesome if they told Goku and Vegeta the origins of the Saiyan race, and more to their story.
But don't bring back surviving saiyans because it would make Goku and Vegeta less special and also all of Freeza's saga pretty much stupid.
They wouldnt have to bring him back for any reason. I'd say it would make more sense to just use the Time Machine to teleport to that age for the present day Sayians to see it, they can explore the culture and everything there - without needing more asspulls or worsen the Super Saiyan infestation. If anything a new broken timeline plot could even be initicated. Freeza and Beerus would also still be at the same power there too.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

SSJ Human
Regular

Post by SSJ Human » Sun May 24, 2015 2:46 pm

I'd like a female Saiyan. I kind of always felt not having one was due to males being the fighters for the most part.

Rukura

Post by Rukura » Sun May 24, 2015 2:49 pm

SSJ Human wrote:I'd like a female Saiyan. I kind of always felt not having one was due to males being the fighters for the most part.
If only we had one (or two) to work with, in a post-Z scenario, right.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

SSJ Human
Regular

Post by SSJ Human » Sun May 24, 2015 3:23 pm

Rukura wrote:
SSJ Human wrote:I'd like a female Saiyan. I kind of always felt not having one was due to males being the fighters for the most part.
That's what I'm saying. I think part of Toriyama's reluctance could be due to the fact that he would have to come up with some explanation for where they had been all this time.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun May 24, 2015 3:43 pm

SSJ Human wrote:
Rukura wrote:
That's what I'm saying. I think part of Toriyama's reluctance could be due to the fact that he would have to come up with some explanation for where they had been all this time.
That was sarcasm. He means Pan and Bra. At least it looks like that to me.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Rukura

Post by Rukura » Mon May 25, 2015 8:35 am

Cetra wrote:
SSJ Human wrote:
Rukura wrote: If only we had one (or two) to work with, in a post-Z scenario, right.
That was sarcasm. He means Pan and Bra. At least it looks like that to me.
Bingo :wink:

Even if they don't want to step on GT's toes, they have those two to work with in a new way.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon May 25, 2015 8:39 am

SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:
emperior wrote:Would be cool to meet the original Super Saiyan God, and having him stronger than Whis because he has trained for many many years since his death. Would also be cool to see his comrades, as those were strong warriors and pure-hearted ones so I don't see why they shouldn't have kept their bodies in afterlife. Would be awesome if they told Goku and Vegeta the origins of the Saiyan race, and more to their story.
But don't bring back surviving saiyans because it would make Goku and Vegeta less special and also all of Freeza's saga pretty much stupid.
They wouldnt have to bring him back for any reason. I'd say it would make more sense to just use the Time Machine to teleport to that age for the present day Sayians to see it, they can explore the culture and everything there - without needing more asspulls or worsen the Super Saiyan infestation. If anything a new broken timeline plot could even be initicated. Freeza and Beerus would also still be at the same power there too.

I think that with Jaco being part of the cast they won't be allowed to use a time machine.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Rukura

Post by Rukura » Mon May 25, 2015 9:30 am

emperior wrote:I think that with Jaco being part of the cast they won't be allowed to use a time machine.
Jaco would probably have to reluctantly go along with it, pretending to be trying to stop them, realizing he's way out of his league to actually stop them.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon May 25, 2015 10:00 pm

I actually wouldn't mind if we got a female saiyan if she followed these rules
-She only about as strong as Buu saga Goku
-First arc would be her trying to mate with Goku and Vegeta and the other two have to explain why they are not viable mates to her.
- The. first villain could be following her and she has been fighting the villain's forces
-It is later revealed that the female saiyan is from another of the universes Beerus mentioned which is why the new main villain is a match for Goku and Vegeta, new bad guy is a God of Destruction.
-Finally to replace the idea of Broly it is revealed that she is a Legendary SSJ. Legendary SSJ in canon simply means you have an easier time ascended at young ages which is how she reached SSJ3 without dying,

-And because why not why not let her marry Yamacha?