Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Blackstripe
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super: Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by Blackstripe » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:29 pm

Doctor. wrote:Now with Vegeta seemingly unlocking Super Saiyan Blue without the ritual, the theory that enraged!Vegeta unlocked his portion of the SSG power now holds more weight, right?
T'was my theory, and yeah. I think so. It would explain how he made Beerus use 10% of his power, to be certain.

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:20 pm

Still though ssj goku in super is ridiculously more powerful than namek saga freeza.

ssj1 goku in DBS is easily above Perfect Cell at max power.

But idk.I guess it could also be it.But then how can goku get from base being below freeza to above Perfect cell at full power?Even with 50x multiplier its pushing it a little IMO.

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:14 pm

buutenks wrote:Still though ssj goku in super is ridiculously more powerful than namek saga freeza.

ssj1 goku in DBS is easily above Perfect Cell at max power.

But idk.I guess it could also be it.But then how can goku get from base being below freeza to above Perfect cell at full power?Even with 50x multiplier its pushing it a little IMO.
Just means you don't have to be 324082309x stronger than your opponent to curb-stomp them.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:22 pm

I'm not crazy about this idea of Vegeta getting Blooper entirely on his own. Rageta is bad enough, but him attaining with without the ritual rubs me the wrong way. Now if this was Vegeta say experimenting with the Super Saiyan forms and maybe getting a whole other form that just puts him on God level (like what Freeza does) I might be able to swallow it easier.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:51 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:I'm not crazy about this idea of Vegeta getting Blooper entirely on his own. Rageta is bad enough, but him attaining with without the ritual rubs me the wrong way. Now if this was Vegeta say experimenting with the Super Saiyan forms and maybe getting a whole other form that just puts him on God level (like what Freeza does) I might be able to swallow it easier.
Isn't that exactly the same as Rageta? Newfound power out of nowhere. Doesn't make it any better is he's experimenting with Super Saiyan. At least we might get something from him training with Whis, some kinda of reason and/or method.
It would be okay by me if Whis could brings out the God power, by some extreme methods or using some godly powers. I think the fact Vegeta took part in the ritual will enable such a scenario.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:23 pm

LightBing wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:I'm not crazy about this idea of Vegeta getting Blooper entirely on his own. Rageta is bad enough, but him attaining with without the ritual rubs me the wrong way. Now if this was Vegeta say experimenting with the Super Saiyan forms and maybe getting a whole other form that just puts him on God level (like what Freeza does) I might be able to swallow it easier.
Isn't that exactly the same as Rageta? Newfound power out of nowhere. Doesn't make it any better is he's experimenting with Super Saiyan. At least we might get something from him training with Whis, some kinda of reason and/or method.
It would be okay by me if Whis could brings out the God power, by some extreme methods or using some godly powers. I think the fact Vegeta took part in the ritual will enable such a scenario.
Vegeta maybe going back to the roots of Super Saiyan to find something else missing and attaining a new form that lets him, a mere mortal fight alongside demigods and gods like Goku and Beerus is no more random than every other Super Saiyan form besides the original. Rageta is pure 100% fucking bullshit that goes against what was previously established about his rage outs (they don't do jack for him).

Vegeta re-gathering the Dragon Balls and asking Shenron for more information on other, potentially hidden secrets of the Super Saiyan power would make sense given the fact it's a line of transformations full of different forms and levels previously unknown to everyone and would work a lot better with his idea of getting strong with his own power.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

FuriusMarius

Post by FuriusMarius » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:40 pm

Whiss is the best Master of the entire universe, he saw how ssg ritual was working and probably find out how to unlock the saiyan god ki if the potential is within. Like Ro Kaio Shin with the Saiko No Senshi.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:35 pm

If Omega Shenron was killed by a Universal Spirit Bomb and Beerus was able to nullify a Universe busting attack does that confirm that Beerus > Omega Shenron?

Blackstripe
Regular

Post by Blackstripe » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:39 pm

Bullza wrote:If Omega Shenron was killed by a Universal Spirit Bomb and Beerus was able to nullify a Universe busting attack does that confirm that Beerus > Omega Shenron?
I would think so, yeah. I've always thought of the Gods as being well above anyone in GT, with the possible exception of Gogeta.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:00 pm

First, we have to assume that genkidama which killed Omega Shenron could rival an universe-destroying energy. Is there something that confirm this? I don't remember anything in the entire Dragon Ball GT's story being comparable to what Beerus already did in Dragon Ball Super.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:20 am

Bullza wrote:If Omega Shenron was killed by a Universal Spirit Bomb and Beerus was able to nullify a Universe busting attack does that confirm that Beerus > Omega Shenron?
Episode 12 is more than enough proof that either Beerus or SSG Goku solos GTverse,none of the GT characters was shown to be at even galaxy level,people just assume they're stronger than Super characters because of power scaling of GT base Goku being around Buu tier.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:42 pm

If GT base Goku is on Buu's level then the characters should power scale to perhaps an even higher level than those in Super. Baby Vegeta would be stronger than Super Vegito, Golden Oozaru Baby would be (over?) 10x stronger than that so above SSJ3 Vegito.

SSJ4 Goku is about as strong as that. Syn Shenron was stronger and then got 10x stronger as Omega Shenron and then SSJ4 Gogeta is on another level entirely.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:51 pm

Power scaling = GT wins

Feats = Super wins

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:00 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Power scaling = GT wins

Feats = Super wins
So Super wins then.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:02 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:Power scaling = GT wins

Feats = Super wins
So Super wins then.
Depends on what you value more, for me its power scalling.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:16 pm

Bullza wrote:If GT base Goku is on Buu's level then the characters should power scale to perhaps an even higher level than those in Super. Baby Vegeta would be stronger than Super Vegito, Golden Oozaru Baby would be (over?) 10x stronger than that so above SSJ3 Vegito.

SSJ4 Goku is about as strong as that. Syn Shenron was stronger and then got 10x stronger as Omega Shenron and then SSJ4 Gogeta is on another level entirely.
Why would Super Vegetto be weaker than Baby? IMO the anime book that mentioned Vegetto being "perhaps stronger than SSJ4" was talking about SSJ Vegetto, so with that in mind SSJ Vegetto ends up being closer to Oozaru Baby Vegeta, and SSJ2 Vegetto onwards is more powerful than that.

Super could also be scaled to end up being more powerful than GT. You just need to say that Vegeta was 2.5% Beerus (like I believe), or even lower if you like, and at that power he jumped above SSJ3 Vegetto. Now if Goku is more powerful in Super then Vegetto would also be more powerful than in Z making the scaling even more ridiculous
By the way, I don't follow all this scaling that I have posted as it's just an example of how you can scale Super to be more powerful.

Long story short, I much prefer feats over scaling because you can scale something to be however you like it where as a feat is something that is self explanatory.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:46 pm

Well heres the as ekrolos pointed out by feats super wins however if you scaled super feats to gt assuming gt follows its then of course gt wins but honestly the only thing that gives us clues on how gt characters stack up to bog/rof characters is in xenoverse battles quotes.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:35 pm

I know the anime guide said Super Vegito was perhaps stronger than a SSJ4 but isn't this contradicted by Elder Kai (?) saying Baby had the greatest Ki he'd ever felt?

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:15 am

Bullza wrote:I know the anime guide said Super Vegito was perhaps stronger than a SSJ4 but isn't this contradicted by Elder Kai (?) saying Baby had the greatest Ki he'd ever felt?
And Goku said Janemba was the highest ki he'd ever felt moments before powering up and kicking his ass.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:25 am

Did he say that?