Universe 6 tournament combatants?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Re: Universe 6 tournament combatants?

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:24 pm

Hahaha with them using filler characters in super I'd love to see garlic Jr. or Pikkon used. I mean technically they can't take down Garlic Jr. so as a team captain he's perfect!
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

irreality
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by irreality » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:26 pm

You know who should be on the team? Mr. Satan. :lol:

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:21 am

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:Hahaha with them using filler characters in super I'd love to see garlic Jr. or Paikuhan used. I mean technically they can't take down Garlic Jr. so as a team captain he's perfect!
The filler characters who show up in Super also show up in Kai. Pikuhan never show up in Kai, so I doubt he will show up.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:25 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:Hahaha with them using filler characters in super I'd love to see garlic Jr. or Paikuhan used. I mean technically they can't take down Garlic Jr. so as a team captain he's perfect!
The filler characters who show up in Super also show up in Kai. Pikuhan never show up in Kai, so I doubt he will show up.
If you want to get technical, however unlikely his inclusion is, Paikuhan showed up at the end of Episode 98. Garlic Junior is totally out of luck though.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

manwolf
Not-So-Newbie

Post by manwolf » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:00 am

This is a combat for the earth and is logical that the combats are earthlings and not gods. But based on Rof Toriyama isn't gonna use Gotenks or Buu.

So Gohan, Krillin, Tien and Roshi are sure the fifth can be Piccolo, Jaco or Hercule.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:13 pm

He's also dead and there's not even a hint that they'll bring him back. I highly doubt they'll bring him back a 7th time.
That doesn't matter. If they want to bring him back it could easily be done just like it was before. He's also only been brought back once, twice if you include the Trunks saga though that was more so his character having an epilogue than actually coming back.
Why do you keep bringing up being sensed across the universe? They don't care about that kind of consistency.
How do you know? If they didn't care they wouldn't have needed to have this whole undetectable God Ki thing going on with Beerus because it serves no purpose in the movie except for why they didn't know he existed. If it turns out there were other immensely powerful beings roaming around in the universe, I'd accept it but wouldn't buy it unless they gave a reason as to why they hadn't been sensed. If they're other Gods or if they haven't fought in a very long time then that'd be passable.
It happens every time the bad guys work with the good guys. They slowly become good or become good later on. Piccolo, Vegeta, the cyborgs, Boo, has happened every time. And if it doesn't happen then Freeza will just be killed off again because they can't have him running around free.
Well it doesn't have to happen again if it was written well. Perhaps it all ends with Champa being a major villain that gets killed off and it's decided that Frieza would become the new God of Destruction of Universe 6 in his place. That way he doesn't have to be killed again but they're still getting rid of him so his story ends there, gone to another Universe where he is never seen or heard from again.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:15 pm

manwolf wrote:This is a combat for the earth and is logical that the combats are earthlings and not gods. But based on Rof Toriyama isn't gonna use Gotenks or Buu.

So Gohan, Krillin, Tenshinhan and Roshi are sure the fifth can be Piccolo, Jaco or (the H-word).
This is fight between Universe 7 and Universe 6. If Goku's team loses, its bye bye to their Earth
There's no logic in sending Krillin/Tenshinhan/Roshi. And even less logic let the strongest duo Goku/Vegeta out.

And the Earth's God is a Namekian. It should also be logical for their God be a earthling.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:27 pm

Bullza wrote:That doesn't matter. If they want to bring him back it could easily be done just like it was before. He's also only been brought back once, twice if you include the Trunks saga though that was more so his character having an epilogue than actually coming back.
I count all of his brought back appearances as whether people like it or not, Toei owns Dragon Ball, if not more so than Toriyama does. They've used the idea a whole bunch of times. 6 to be exact when combined with all appearances. Not counting revellings of course. It's fun to speculate, but I don't think they will go this route.
How do you know? If they didn't care they wouldn't have needed to have this whole undetectable God Ki thing going on with Beerus because it serves no purpose in the movie except for why they didn't know he existed. If it turns out there were other immensely powerful beings roaming around in the universe, I'd accept it but wouldn't buy it unless they gave a reason as to why they hadn't been sensed. If they're other Gods or if they haven't fought in a very long time then that'd be passable.
Because they've shown in the past they don't care about power levels. Hell 1.3 million ring a bell? That was more likely just something cool to make Beerus feel more like a god than to cover up a mistake. It's more likely convenient that it'd also cover that whole SSJ3 thing than coincidental.Even if it weren't, as you said, they can surely come up with reasons for other powerful U7 fighters existing. You don't buy it yet cause it doesn't exist. You wouldn't buy me telling you about SSJ God or Freeza powering up either as I'm sure if neither existed, you pass it off as fanfiction non sense.
Well it doesn't have to happen again if it was written well. Perhaps it all ends with Champa being a major villain that gets killed off and it's decided that Freeza would become the new God of Destruction of Universe 6 in his place. That way he doesn't have to be killed again but they're still getting rid of him so his story ends there, gone to another Universe where he is never seen or heard from again.
I highly doubt they'd let someone like Freeza be a God of Destruction. He has no good in him. He's a monster. If Freeza teams up he will either become a good guy or he'll have to be killed again to tie up the loose end. That's been the pattern of every Dragon Ball villain whenever they team up. There's not even a point in arguing this til we get confirmation whether he is going to be part of the arc or not. It's merely arguing ideas which neither can be right or wrong, til we see the execution. Even then it could come down to opinion.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

manwolf
Not-So-Newbie

Post by manwolf » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:46 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
manwolf wrote:This is a combat for the earth and is logical that the combats are earthlings and not gods. But based on Rof Toriyama isn't gonna use Gotenks or Buu.

So Gohan, Krillin, Tenshinhan and Roshi are sure the fifth can be Piccolo, Jaco or (the H-word).
This is fight between Universe 7 and Universe 6. If Goku's team loses, its bye bye to their Earth
There's no logic in sending Krillin/Tenshinhan/Roshi. And even less logic let the strongest duo Goku/Vegeta out.

And the Earth's God is a Namekian. It should also be logical for their God be a earthling.
Goku and Vegeta are Gods so i suppose that Champa can object something, also we know that Goku and Vegeta are almost as strong that Champa and Beerus so a fight with these two are gonna be boring unless Vados have also a student.

After Goku and Vegeta the fifth strongest beings are Gohan, Gotenks, Boo, Piccolo and Android 17/18 but Gotenks are two child with no control, Boo are a childish being with no control and 18 apparently doesn't like to fight, so we have three spots, unless Beerus know some rely strong alien we need humans, Krillin and Tien are the two strongest humans so we need one spot and Roshi and Jaco aren't very different in strength.

Also the fight can be like this:

Jaco/Roshi loses
Tien/Krillin: One wins cause the opponent are weaker and the other losses.
Piccolo: Wins
Gohan:The last combat wins with dificult with the strongest being in Universe 6 after some freak transformation.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:13 pm

Now that you explained your point of view better, I see where you're going. :P
But even though Goku/Vegeta are Gods they don't have any title as God of Creation/Destruction, so they can enter, it seems.

We've to wait another month to find out.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:05 pm

If Beerus will be the one who will pick the combatants,I dont think he will pick those two brats Goten and Trunks,Gotenks is too cocky and would probably lose in the tournament despite his opponent being weaker than him,Gohan is also unlikely unless he will train again because he is too rusty now,I think the combatants would be,Goku,Vegeta,Piccolo,Majin Buu and Uub(If this happens after EOZ)If not,It could be Freeza,He's like the 3rd most powerful being in the Universe 7,Beerus would probably convince Enma to let Freeza go with him for a while,with Beerus and Whis with him,I'm pretty sure Freeza cant do anything stupid at Goku or Vegeta.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:25 pm

I count all of his brought back appearances as whether people like it or not, Toei owns Dragon Ball, if not more so than Toriyama does.
Well they're mostly just appearences. In GT he was just in it, he didn't come back. The Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans OVA wasn't actually Frieza and other times it was such a small part it could easily be forgotten.
You wouldn't buy me telling you about SSJ God or Freeza powering up either as I'm sure if neither existed, you pass it off as fanfiction non sense.
That's a different matter. There's no reason why a Super Saiyan God couldn't exist. I wouldn't have bought Frieza powering up to that level but it was explained why he did.

SSJ3 Goku was so powerful Gohan could sense it on Supreme Kai's world. It wouldn't make sense why other more powerful characters could be out there in the Universe and they wouldn't know about unless a reason was given as to why.

If there was a reason why then I'd buy it but otherwise no. Like I said Frieza was only told of Buu and Beerus and Supreme Kai believed Goku to be the strongest in that realm. Having just other really powerful aliens around undermines others.
I highly doubt they'd let someone like Freeza be a God of Destruction. He has no good in him. He's a monster.
Well he's not insane or anything. He wouldn't just go around blowing them up for the fun of it but he has the personality for it. If he has to destroy a planet he has the power to do so and wouldn't give a shit about doing so. Whether they'd let him I don't know, it depends on who gets to make that choice. Beerus probably wouldn't care if it means he's out the way.

kidhero1000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kidhero1000 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:49 pm

You can't have a god tournament without a being that has obtained power to rival that of a god in just 4 months, a being that picked the color gold cause he wanted to ensure everyone understood his new position atop the pecking order once again, on the Univision 6 team. He's the trump card Beerus needs and the one this new story deserves.
He devolved into saying only one word. Time to hit the ol' cosmic trail.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:19 pm

Well they're mostly just appearences. In GT he was just in it, he didn't come back. The Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans OVA wasn't actually Freeza and other times it was such a small part it could easily be forgotten.
Doesn't change the fact it's been done over and over again. Freeza has had plenty of appearances, and I don't think he needs any more. I'd rather original characters than a tired villain.
That's a different matter. There's no reason why a Super Saiyan God couldn't exist. I wouldn't have bought Freeza powering up to that level but it was explained why he did.

SSJ3 Goku was so powerful Gohan could sense it on Supreme Kai's world. It wouldn't make sense why other more powerful characters could be out there in the Universe and they wouldn't know about unless a reason was given as to why.

If there was a reason why then I'd buy it but otherwise no. Like I said Freeza was only told of Buu and Beerus and Supreme Kai believed Goku to be the strongest in that realm. Having just other really powerful aliens around undermines others.
Sure there is. The whole there were some pure saiyans thing comes from outta nowhere, when the race is a bunch of evil bastards. Sure you can say there is some good one's possibly, but I can also say there's some hermaphrodite saiyans too possibly cause nothing rules that out.

You can ask how many people remember or give a damn on the creative team, and the answer would be zero. We had the dragon balls randomly be powered up for the final part just cause, we have Vegeta getting magical super unrealistic boosts, we have gods coming in and changing Freeza's entire backstory. Seriously anything could happen or be believable at this point.

Kaioshin didn't know shit about Beerus, and Beerus could know a whole lot that Kaioshin and the others do not.
Well he's not insane or anything. He wouldn't just go around blowing them up for the fun of it but he has the personality for it. If he has to destroy a planet he has the power to do so and wouldn't give a shit about doing so. Whether they'd let him I don't know, it depends on who gets to make that choice. Beerus probably wouldn't care if it means he's out the way.
They wouldn't let a genocidal maniac take this role. He kills and tortures people gleefully. He doesn't care about balancing shit, but ruling over everything. He's a poor choice for a God of Destruction.

Also a more specific thread seems to have been made for this discussion on Freeza
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =8&t=32102

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:16 pm

Who I think the 5 for universe 7 will be

1. Goku
2. Vegeta
3. Gohan
4. Piccolo
5. Gotenks

Who I'd like it to be

1. Goku
2. Vegeta
3. Piccolo(powered up to God level0
4. Golden Frieza(forced by Beerus)
5. GT Goku(after Shenron takes him away)

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:05 pm

Doesn't change the fact it's been done over and over again.
He's appeared over and over but that's it. There hasn't got to be a limit on it as long as they can come up with more interesting ideas. And as I said the whole dynamic of him being on the team and the relationships he has with the others makes it unpredictable and interesting.

Do you root for him because he's on Goku's team or against him because he's a scumbag? What would it be like seeing his do as he's told? Would he play along or would he try anything?

There's a lot of potential in the idea.
Kaioshin didn't know shit about Beerus, and Beerus could know a whole lot that Kaioshin and the others do not.
Well that gives his statement about Goku being the strongest more weight. If they want to bring out more powerful characters then that's ok just as long as theres a good reason for it.

I figured the whole point of having all these different universes was so that they could come out with all new Super powerful characters otherwise what's the point if they could just exist anyway?

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:32 pm

Bullza wrote:
Doesn't change the fact it's been done over and over again.
He's appeared over and over but that's it. There hasn't got to be a limit on it as long as they can come up with more interesting ideas. And as I said the whole dynamic of him being on the team and the relationships he has with the others makes it unpredictable and interesting.

Do you root for him because he's on Goku's team or against him because he's a scumbag? What would it be like seeing his do as he's told? Would he play along or would he try anything?

There's a lot of potential in the idea.
Well that gives his statement about Goku being the strongest more weight. If they want to bring out more powerful characters then that's ok just as long as theres a good reason for it.

I figured the whole point of having all these different universes was so that they could come out with all new Super powerful characters otherwise what's the point if they could just exist anyway?
And we can get less rehashed Freeza by not going in this direction. I see Freeza being even more embarrassed than how he as in F if this happened.

Because there is always someone stronger. Hell for all we know someone from U5 coulda moved into 7 and that guy could fight. Then that guy could explain his universe. Anything can happen.

We got another thread for this now.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =8&t=32102

Makai
Beyond Newbie

Post by Makai » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:13 am

I really think we need Goten and Trunks in this tournament. They are some of the later characters in the series, and shouldn't be left out just yet. Plus think of it, these will be one on one battles. For once, we could see Goten and Trunks fighting on their own instead of together, or fusing with each other, like they always do. Would be great for a change, and could really develop them as their own characters.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:32 am

The only flaw with Frieza as much as I want him is he'd be a threat. Not in his power, but if they let him train. goku tried to let him leave earth in the middle of the battle in ROF.....if he had another 4 months to train, even WHIS would be canon fodder. Seams weird nobody was concerned over Frieza training any more in the damn movie.
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

Speedster
Regular

Post by Speedster » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:09 am

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:The only flaw with Freeza as much as I want him is he'd be a threat. Not in his power, but if they let him train. goku tried to let him leave earth in the middle of the battle in ROF.....if he had another 4 months to train, even WHIS would be canon fodder. Seams weird nobody was concerned over Freeza training any more in the damn movie.
Freeza trained and brought up his huge latent potential similar to how the latent potential of Gohan was brought up by Elder Kaioshin and became Mystic. There is no reason to assume that further training would continue to increase Freeza’s power level by the same huge factor or that he would leave Goku in the dust especially given that Goku’s increase in power through training has always been described as exponential (i.e. proportional to his current power level)

-------------------
As for who the combatants from Universe 7 will be: Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo and Gotenks. Freeza is dead and I can't see resurrecting him or giving him his body back to participate in the tournament. I can see though someone from Freeza's clan to be a member in Universe 6 team.