Stuff that makes no sense in Super

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Khin
I Live Here

Re: Stuff that makes no sense in Super

Post by Khin » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:16 am

ssbgoku wrote:Instead it would be much better if beerus has vision of almighty warrior(not super Saiyan god or at least not yet, so he doesn't know who it would be). After being informed Saiyan beat frieza but also even majin buu, beerus would demand whis to travel to find him. Akira talking about ssj vegito being suprassed by beerus would make much more sense if they actually clashed. If he still want to keep ssj vegito much below beerus then replace ssj3 vegito in place of ssg goku and make them 6 in god scale.
After loosing Whis would suggest to get stronger by yourselves and the only way would be acquiring god ki as the fusion just magically makes it or makes it special case.
In this way, we wouldn't have headache power level comparision and z cast would still hope to catch up while Also all whis comment about goku and vegeta making improvement and being much stronger then before while still being a lot of inferior to beerus would make much more sense. Golden frieza would still be deal but god ki would be gained(possible champa train him as he schemes something against beerus).

Wouldn't it be better ?
Toriyama or kids doesn't give a shit about power scaling.It's the only fans who over analyze it.

ssbgoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ssbgoku » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:53 am

SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:
ssbgoku wrote:Instead it would be much better if beerus has vision of almighty warrior(not super Saiyan god or at least not yet, so he doesn't know who it would be). After being informed Saiyan beat frieza but also even majin buu, beerus would demand whis to travel to find him. Akira talking about ssj vegito being suprassed by beerus would make much more sense if they actually clashed. If he still want to keep ssj vegito much below beerus then replace ssj3 vegito in place of ssg goku and make them 6 in god scale.
After loosing Whis would suggest to get stronger by yourselves and the only way would be acquiring god ki as the fusion just magically makes it or makes it special case.
In this way, we wouldn't have headache power level comparision and z cast would still hope to catch up while Also all whis comment about goku and vegeta making improvement and being much stronger then before while still being a lot of inferior to beerus would make much more sense. Golden frieza would still be deal but god ki would be gained(possible champa train him as he schemes something against beerus).

Wouldn't it be better ?
Toriyama or kids doesn't give a shit about power scaling.It's the only fans who over analyze it.
Yeah, I could guess that too, but it is far from good writting then. Especially when in buu arc it was pointed out that z-cast/warriors were almost completly useless in compare to goku/majin monsters. Vegeta was close although. It seems Akira didn't learn from his mistakes and only increased gap by introducing ssg so early in the story... bad move indeed.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:14 pm

SSJ3 Vegeta wrote: ?
Toriyama or kids doesn't give a shit about power scaling.It's the only fans who over analyze it.[/quote]

This isn't even remotely true. Your talking about children who religiously traded and collected Pokémon cards based on power and elemental levels. Having clearly defined power level and limits, and then exceeding them is the crux of this genre. Making it impossible to gauge levels defeats the core premise of the this style anime.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:11 pm

How are the normal humans, even Bulma's parents of all characters, keeping up with the fights? At this point the characters should be moving at such super fast speeds they're undetectable, even in the Saiyan Saga they moved so fast normal humans couldn't keep track on them.

Literally makes no sense.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:20 pm

precita wrote:How are the normal humans, even Bulma's parents of all characters, keeping up with the fights? At this point the characters should be moving at such super fast speeds they're undetectable, even in the Saiyan Saga they moved so fast normal humans couldn't keep track on them.

Literally makes no sense.
Because it gives them excuse for reactions and trying to get closer to the fight filler.

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:37 pm

D_Gabe wrote:
Ssgvegito30 wrote:Check on wiki the dates and yes I have watched eoz and gt in eoz she looked like a toddler the same way pan was around 4yrs old in eoz and in gt they made bulla look older for some reason but in reality she's not and tell me where you get that bulla is 3 to 5 yrs older than pan your the 1st I came across who is making bulla 3yrs older than pan man you don't know shit about DragonBall research before you say something

Bulla is even taller than Oolong. She is definitely not a toddler at the End of Z. Pan is closer to being a toddler than her. I don't know who the f*ck messed with the dates. But Bulla is clearly older than Pan.
The manga is much more ambiguous about it though, and this is a carry over from the movies, which were based on the manga. Bulla actually looks smaller than Oolong in the group shot showing everyone sitting at a large bench right beside the arena.

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:34 pm

- Frost apparently noticing Hit just now that he wants to steal the cube... really? he didn't see him before?
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:58 pm

The SSJ multiplier now once again out of whack as soon as the tournament began. Goku vs. Frost. Mkay, we see Goku (normal) having some slight trouble against Frost. Then he goes SSJ1 and literally he tanks every attack thrown at him, and as we saw Vegeta do in SSJ1, he could have just taken him out in one punch. So is SSJ like 10x base now? SSJ God maybe 20x? lol

In the movies it seemed like maybe 2-4x base level (in Bog probably 1.5x base since Goku's fight with Beerus barely tipped scales after transforming... unless Goku's god powers were still evolving? I dunno, very darn confusing!)
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:54 pm

Super should've took place after the timeskip.

It's been 3 years since goku returned with Uub from training, and we can have power output like this.

Uub = Super Buu

SSJ3 Goku = Mystic Buu

SSJ2 Vegeta = Gotenks Buu

Gohan, stops fighting completely as his power continues to wain away.

Trunks and Goten as SSJs continue to train hard as they're 19/20 and their PL individually is roughly perfect cell

Tien remains the strongest human as his full power rivals namek frieza.

Beerus comes along and everything proceeds normally...

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:50 pm

Tien being the strongest human I have no problem with. I get the image here that Krillin stopped fighting for the most part and Tien is still somewhat serious on martial arts, and probably trains daily. Ever since the Android saga I thought he was always the strongest out of the humans (and since he was on King Kai's planet in the Namek Saga, he could have briefly been stronger than Krillin before he had a couple boosts during the Frieza battle.)

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:49 am

Eternal Super Saiyan wrote:The SSJ multiplier now once again out of whack as soon as the tournament began. Goku vs. Frost. Mkay, we see Goku (normal) having some slight trouble against Frost. Then he goes SSJ1 and literally he tanks every attack thrown at him, and as we saw Vegeta do in SSJ1, he could have just taken him out in one punch. So is SSJ like 10x base now? SSJ God maybe 20x? lol

In the movies it seemed like maybe 2-4x base level (in Bog probably 1.5x base since Goku's fight with Beerus barely tipped scales after transforming... unless Goku's god powers were still evolving? I dunno, very darn confusing!)
Just give up and enjoy it for the ride.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:49 am

TheMikado wrote:
This isn't even remotely true. Your talking about children who religiously traded and collected Pokémon cards based on power and elemental levels. Having clearly defined power level and limits, and then exceeding them is the crux of this genre. Making it impossible to gauge levels defeats the core premise of the this style anime.
In the pokemon animation, all levels get screwed up since the start (and they are now even in Pokemon Z). Pikachu could defeat Charizard, MewTwo could beat anyone, Arceus created the UNIVERSE. Gameplay: Pikachu and Mewtwo get toasted in one turn, Arceus get toasted in 2 turns (I was a tournament player). Videogame contest screw up things even more.
Goodbye power levels. It was a good idea for a while. Now you have to keep faith and get thrilled by events.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Volk

Post by Volk » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:21 pm

Maybe the reason some of the stuff in Super makes no sense is because we over think things too much. The target audience for this show is people in pre-teen and young teenagers. We're all here because when DBZ aired, we all fell into that target audience. We may have grown, but that doesn't mean the show will grow with us. Let's put aside all the plot holes, the retcon's, power levels and all that other stuff and just enjoy that they decided to give us another anime. Remember this much, beggers can NOT be choosers.

Besides, aside from all that, the show definitely seems to be taking a step in the right direction. We just have to have patience.
Vegeta : Pfft, you're gonna grow up to be just like Gohan

Cabba : NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
(Turns Super Saiyin for the first time)
Cabba : TAKE THAT BACK!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:52 pm

The show being aim to elementary and middle schoolers is not a good excuse for something that does not make sense. Even kids can catch on something that makes no sense in the show. I remember when I would cartoons and live action shows as a kid, I can notice something wrong in a episode.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:30 pm

The Saiyans in Universe 6 have managed to become nearly god-tier in strength yet there are no Super Saiyans that existed before Cabba's fight with Vegeta? I find that kind of shocking that it took them so long to discover the SSJ transformation.

And Cabba transforming even though he couldn't have experienced any hate or extreme emotions because this is a tournament fight, not a life or death situation.

Goku being smart enough to notice Hit's 0.1 second fighting technique so quickly. Goku of all people... :P

Why couldn't Goku combine Kaioken with Super Saiyan before in the series? Even a X2 or X3 wouldn't have killed Goku to try it against Cell for a brief few seconds. Though I do like that they introduced Kaioken into Super. It's one of my favorite techniques in the whole series, and now he's a few steps ahead of Vegeta again, like the Namek Saga. I bet Vegeta regrets never learning Kaioken. :P

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:12 pm

Eternal Super Saiyan wrote:The Saiyans in Universe 6 have managed to become nearly god-tier in strength yet there are no Super Saiyans that existed before Cabba's fight with Vegeta? I find that kind of shocking that it took them so long to discover the SSJ transformation.

And Cabba transforming even though he couldn't have experienced any hate or extreme emotions because this is a tournament fight, not a life or death situation.

Goku being smart enough to notice Hit's 0.1 second fighting technique so quickly. Goku of all people... :P

Why couldn't Goku combine Kaioken with Super Saiyan before in the series? Even a X2 or X3 wouldn't have killed Goku to try it against Cell for a brief few seconds. Though I do like that they introduced Kaioken into Super. It's one of my favorite techniques in the whole series, and now he's a few steps ahead of Vegeta again, like the Namek Saga. I bet Vegeta regrets never learning Kaioken. :P
I have to wonder if you are actually seeing Super, two of your points are answered in the series, in the episodes were they happen.

Goku's not dumb, mostly naive and uninterested in anything other than fighting. His fighting IQ is thorough the roof, there's various examples throughout the manga.

It's debatable if Cabba is God Tier, it also doesn't mean that any other Saiyan in Universe 6 is even close to him. There might be, but we don't know.

emi_b7
Beyond Newbie

Post by emi_b7 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:24 pm

Eternal Super Saiyan wrote: Goku being smart enough to notice Hit's 0.1 second fighting technique so quickly. Goku of all people... :P
Why do people keep saying this? Goku may be naive and even a bit dumb sometimes but when it comes to fighting, he is a savant. He outsmarts his rivals in almost every fight.
Sometimes I think people believe Dragon Ball characters are exactly like their DBZ Abridged parodies or something.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:49 pm

ChronoTwigger wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
In the pokemon animation, all levels get screwed up since the start (and they are now even in Pokemon Z). Pikachu could defeat Charizard, MewTwo could beat anyone, Arceus created the UNIVERSE. Gameplay: Pikachu and Mewtwo get toasted in one turn, Arceus get toasted in 2 turns (I was a tournament player). Videogame contest screw up things even more.
Goodbye power levels. It was a good idea for a while. Now you have to keep faith and get thrilled by events.
We have an established premise though and that higher level base unevolved forms still have a chance and it becomes more about technique instead of pure power levels which was also reflected in the anime. You can't really compare a tournament style as the same thing and as the Pokemon series expanded very thing went to crap just like Dragonball. Pokemon and Dragonball are experiencing the same issues. Expanding the universe too much without forethought jacks everything up completely to the point where they begin to lose popularity or maybe the loss of popularity caused them to expand to where the narrative didn't make sense anymore. Either way the end result is the same.

Ballistictiger

Post by Ballistictiger » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:10 pm

emi_b7 wrote:
Eternal Super Saiyan wrote: Goku being smart enough to notice Hit's 0.1 second fighting technique so quickly. Goku of all people... :P
Why do people keep saying this? Goku may be naive and even a bit dumb sometimes but when it comes to fighting, he is a savant. He outsmarts his rivals in almost every fight.
Sometimes I think people believe Dragon Ball characters are exactly like their DBZ Abridged parodies or something.
They probably never watched Dragonball or read the early chapters of it.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:38 pm

Ballistictiger wrote:
emi_b7 wrote:
They probably never watched Dragonball or read the early chapters of it.
Goku was still a smart fighter in Z.