Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:14 pm

sangofe wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:
sangofe wrote:Watching episode 18. The acting really does seem to have improved and Vegeta's decent now. Wow, so glad that happened. I wonder though, how will he deal with the future scream he'll have to suffer through?
Wait why are you wondering about the scream? What scream?
I meant screams! Battle screams!
Yes but why where you wondering about Loy doing them?
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:59 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
sangofe wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:
Wait why are you wondering about the scream? What scream?
Because I wonder how he'll handle them... Since you know, Vegeta screams a lot in Super.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:05 pm

sangofe wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:
sangofe wrote:
Because I wonder how he'll handle them... Since you know, Vegeta screams a lot in Super.
Oh. He'll probably handle them like the screams in episode 16 and 18.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:46 am

So Rof arc first episode was something.
-Sorbet voice is not good, it's not bad it's just too high pitched;
-Tagoma is voiced by JoãoLoy, not a bad voice;
- Frieza is back and it's not as high pitched as in DBZ but there's something off, probably becuase Spínola hasn't done it in a long time so he'll probably get better;
- And for the most amateurish act Audio-In has done, they put Frieza's line when he comes back playing while we see Frieza and Ginyu talking just to havehim say it again in the end of the episode.
-Generally not the best star but not the worst, maybe tomorrow we'll have a better episode to judge.

BTW: Does anyone know who did the voice for Shisami, I couldn't understand who it was.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:57 am

Gafonso6 wrote: - And for the most amateurish act Audio-In has done, they put Frieza's line when he comes back playing while we see Frieza and Ginyu talking just to havehim say it again in the end of the episode.
Could you please reword this, because I don't understand?

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:58 am

Shisami was Whis' voice actor Romeu Vala.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:02 am

sangofe wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote: - And for the most amateurish act Audio-In has done, they put Frieza's line when he comes back playing while we see Frieza and Ginyu talking just to havehim say it again in the end of the episode.
Could you please reword this, because I don't understand?
When we see Frieza in Tagoma's flashback he isn't supose to talk, but for some reason they used Frieza's last line in this episode saying how good it is to be back, now I don't know if it was an accident or on purpose, either way it's just bad and out of placed, especially because the line plays while Ginyu's mouth is moving.
omegalucas wrote:Shisami was Whis' voice actor Romeu Vala.
Oh, so that's the actor, I had a feeling it was him but I wasn't certain, goddamn does he have a versatile voice.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:15 am

The problem is not just that they placed the line there (where there are no lines for Freeza, only Tagoma's narration), it's also that it sounds like the same recording used later in the episode.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:17 am

omegalucas wrote:The problem is not just that they placed the line there (where there are no lines for Freeza, only Tagoma's narration), it's also that it sounds like the same recording used later in the episode.
I think it is the same line, that's why I think it wasn't on purpose.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:28 am

You sure he's not Feist?

Frog is Rui de Sá :lol:

It was nice hearing Freeza again after so long, I also noticed he seemed somewhat off. And Sorbet... strange voice. At least they keep the original names now.

I couldn't understand well but they didn't call Cold by his name, did they?

Romeu Vala, stop making Whis be borderline gay! Thanks.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:43 am

alakazam^ wrote:
You sure he's not Feist?

Frog is Rui de Sá :lol:

It was nice hearing Freeza again after so long, I also noticed he seemed somewhat off. And Sorbet... strange voice. At least they keep the original names now.

I couldn't understand well but they didn't call Cold by his name, did they?

Romeu Vala, stop making Whis be borderline gay! Thanks.
No, but they also didn't in the Japonese dialog .

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:54 pm

Right, they said "Papa-Freeza". What did they say here?

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:05 pm

alakazam^ wrote:Right, they said "Papa-Freeza". What did they say here?
"Pai do Mestre Freezer" At least that's what Sorbet called him.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:43 pm

Just got the best news I could get from our DBS dub.
Ginyu will have a new VOICE!!! PRAISE SUPER KAMI DENDE!!!

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:46 am

Jaco was Gabriel, wasn't he?

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:53 am

alakazam^ wrote:Jaco was Gabriel, wasn't he?
Yes, and he sucked... I mean no disrespect for the guy but this just proves my theory that he only got the job becuase he's the admin of the facebook page and a friend of the original cast, either that or he got an awful direction because he didn't give any emotion to Jaco, a character that requires it. He may get better but it was not a good first impression.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:08 am

Yep. They probably thought it was ok since Jaco is a bit pokerfaced and he didn't need to show much emotion this episode. I thought Cristina Cavalinhos was a bit off as well.

Freeza is 90% of what he was so that's good. But fuck, his men are all so casual towards him. I really hate that and makes no sense given the guy is their boss and he was torturing Tagoma in front of their eyes anyways.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:16 am

alakazam^ wrote:Yep. They probably thought it was ok since Jaco is a bit pokerfaced and he didn't need to show much emotion this episode. I thought Cristina Cavalinhos was a bit off as well.

Freeza is 90% of what he was so that's good. But fuck, his men are all so casual towards him. I really hate that and makes no sense given the guy is their boss and he was torturing Tagoma in front of their eyes anyways.
That's the studio's fault, more precisely the translator's who translates "you" to "tu" instead of "você" without checking the context, and I think everyone's acting was off, and I blame the director on that one.
Jesus SIC works with so many dubbing studios why would they give DBS to the one that never made an Anime dub before? They should've just give it to BugginMedia, probably the best anime and cartoon dub studio in Portugal.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:07 pm

-Episode 19 and 20-

I expected a more manly voice for Sorbet, but overall I like them all.
Didn't know Quimbé was the voice actor for Weevil Underwood from Yugioh, but seems like it.

Shisami seems perfect.
Jaco needs to be more energetic. This is what happens when you bring an amateur to the cast without any valid reason.
Tagoma was great, until Freeza start torturing him and he barely scream. Needs more energy in these situations.
Freeza is almost perfect. Spínola is a monster! Definitely the best of the cast.

And after 4 episodes straight, looks like I can finally say Loy's Vegeta did turned over a new leaf. Now this is a Vegeta! They should just force him to re-record the first episodes again.

I said some pages ago that the staff from Audio-In seems like a bunch of amateurs, and that Freeza's line wrongly placed in Tagoma's flashback in episode 19 doesn't make me think otherwhise.

At least overall, people seem to be enjoying. Curiously I don't see anyone complaining about the animation.
The hardcore fans that are watching the orginal version already know what to expect and the casual fans are too focused on the show, it seems.

The only major complaints I see is about Gohan's characterization, but that was predictable and it's Toriyama/Toei fault. :wink:
alakazam^ wrote: Freeza is 90% of what he was so that's good. But fuck, his men are all so casual towards him. I really hate that and makes no sense given the guy is their boss and he was torturing Tagoma in front of their eyes anyways.
This also bothered me a lot. :?
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:24 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:Tagoma was great, until Freeza start torturing him and he barely scream. Needs more energy in these situations.
That I believe is once again the studio's fault, they got the worst director for this Week episodes and that shows in everybody.