Zamasu. Hero or Main Villain of next arc? *Spoiler*

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MaGyunia
Regular

Re: Zamasu. Hero or Main Villain of next arc? *Spoiler*

Post by MaGyunia » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:49 pm

UpFromTheSkies wrote:
Alee9977 wrote:Zamasu having a name is pretty weird, I mean, I dont remember other Kaioshins having a name, we have the kaioshin from universe 7, universe 6, of time, and no one has a name, so, I think he used to be a kaioshin and now he is a villain.
Also I don't think they are going to introduce Zamasu for at least 10 episodes more, this arc seems its going to last a good amount of episodes, and wont end in 10 episodes like the others.
Shin-jin have names (Kibito for example) but when they gain the title Kaioshin, that's what they're addressed as.
Yeah, Kaioshin is a title, but gaining or being born with that title doesn't make it impossible for that individual to keep their actual normal name. No big explanation needed there, I think.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:49 pm

I couldn't care less whether this yet unseen character is good or bad, but I sincerely hope that there is more than just the threat of Goku as I really want to see more characters involved in the fights.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:52 pm

MaGyunia wrote:
UpFromTheSkies wrote:
Alee9977 wrote:Zamasu having a name is pretty weird, I mean, I dont remember other Kaioshins having a name, we have the kaioshin from universe 7, universe 6, of time, and no one has a name, so, I think he used to be a kaioshin and now he is a villain.
Also I don't think they are going to introduce Zamasu for at least 10 episodes more, this arc seems its going to last a good amount of episodes, and wont end in 10 episodes like the others.
Shin-jin have names (Kibito for example) but when they gain the title Kaioshin, that's what they're addressed as.
Yeah, Kaioshin is a title, but gaining or being born with that title doesn't make it impossible for that individual to keep their actual normal name. No big explanation needed there, I think.
They would still have the name, but not use it anymore. Zumasu either hasn't been appointed the role of Kaioshin yet, was stripped of his title, or has gone rouge. Probably one of the latter two, they seem more interesting.

MaGyunia
Regular

Post by MaGyunia » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:55 pm

Might be more interesting, but harder to explain (which might actually be good for the story in terms of its complexity in the long run...) and more unnatural.