Zamasu. Hero or Main Villain of next arc? *Spoiler*

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Zamasu. Hero or Main Villain of next arc? *Spoiler*

Post by Berserker1921 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:41 pm

What do you think of this guy? Misunderstood hero or mastermind? His title is called God King? You think he is in charge of all the kaioshin? Or was he the former king of everything? Tell me what you think?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Zamasu. Hero or Main Villain of next arc? *Spoiler*

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:52 pm

It seems Goku Black has one of his earrings. They might be in league with each other.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:55 pm

Well, he is a god king. So he will be in the next 300 movie.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

MaGyunia
Regular

Post by MaGyunia » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:01 pm

No way to know expect to wait and see it. That's what's so great about the new arc. There's actually stuff you don't know and can't even speculate about, unlike BoG, Fukkatsu no F and the 6th Universe arc.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:33 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:It seems Goku Black has one of his earrings. They might be in league with each other.
Zamasu has two earrings and they are a different color from Black's.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:16 pm

No way to know. I'm kinda hoping he's more of a neutral force like Beerus and Whis because that would make the plot more unpredictable and mysterious.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:26 pm

I'm going to guess he's a neutral guy that was forced to do bad things to accomplish something that was necessary. You know how you just can't talk Freeza into being good? I think it's going to be like that but they'll end up talking him into being good or giving up. I'm guessing he won't easily because of his determination.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:50 pm

Xeztin wrote:I'm going to guess he's a neutral guy that was forced to do bad things to accomplish something that was necessary. You know how you just can't talk Freeza into being good? I think it's going to be like that but they'll end up talking him into being good or giving up. I'm guessing he won't easily because of his determination.
You might be onto something. His voice actor, Miki Shinichiro, doesn't have a typical hero voice...he does a lot of cynical/pseudo neutral characters.
That kind of gives me an idea of what to expect from him now. I think that, at best, he could be someone who's related to Goku Black's origins but won't do much to stop him.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:06 pm

Araki wrote:
Xeztin wrote:I'm going to guess he's a neutral guy that was forced to do bad things to accomplish something that was necessary. You know how you just can't talk Freeza into being good? I think it's going to be like that but they'll end up talking him into being good or giving up. I'm guessing he won't easily because of his determination.
You might be onto something. His voice actor, Miki Shinichiro, doesn't have a typical hero voice...he does a lot of cynical/pseudo neutral characters.
That kind of gives me an idea of what to expect from him now. I think that, at best, he could be someone who's related to Goku Black's origins but won't do much to stop him.
Let's say Zamasu is from one of the destroyed universes, and created Black who is time hopping trying to find out what made the omni-king mad enough to destroy his universe, and to eliminate it. He doesn't want to be evil, but hes trying to restore his universe. Turns out Goku done something that angered the Omni-King, and Zamasu might be hellbent on destroying Goku, or his timeline/universe completely to create an alternate timeline where his universe never got destroyed. Goku and the cast ends up talking him out of it, he sees the error of his ways, kills himself or something dramatic to stop Black etc.. That's the best example I can give of what I was trying to say. So basically they'd be trying to persuade Zamasu to stop Black and Zamasu would respond with something like, "You don't know what it feels like to have your home, friends, obliterated" etc where Goku and Vegeta could relate because of their Saiyan brethren being exterminated.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:20 am

If Zamasu did indeed create Black, I wonder what his disdain for Saiyans is all about.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:41 am

Hey, folks *nod* Zamasu = white hair, next villain! :lol:

Just joking! Hahah, had to. I think he will be Kaioshin and will be good, but simmilar to our Kaoshin in Buu arc, he will underestimate something and it will backfire.
Btw. Trunks' Kaioshin should be the same as Goku's unless, the alternate reality of Trunks' future is actually different universe, but that is impossible, as the twin universe of the seventh one is sixth with Champa and other universes should be different.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:19 pm

he won't be a villian...

But if he fuses with Black or Black with someone else who has the other earring will be the white haired villian

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:35 pm

Kishido wrote:he won't be a villian...

But if he fuses with Black or Black with someone else who has the other earring will be the white haired villian
There is no such thing as a "white haired villain". I mean, there probably is - as I guesss Zamas is the main villain. There was just no comment in that old interview. The comment was SSJ White would clash with the villain - which was presumably Freeza. "White haired villain" was never said.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:38 pm

Cetra wrote:

There is no such thing as a "white haired villain". I mean, there probably is - as I guesss Zamas is the main villain. There was just no comment in that old interview. The comment was SSJ White would clash with the villain - which was presumably Freeza. "White haired villain" was never said.
Even better and does not take anything from my comment. Zamasu won't be a villian and I have no doubt that Black will have someone else with the second earring to fuse with

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:44 pm

Kishido wrote:
Cetra wrote:

Even better and does not take anything from my comment. Zamasu won't be a villian and I have no doubt that Black will have someone else with the second earring to fuse with
Inbefore he fuses with Vegeta and Black's consciousness stays alive so he is the controlling consciousness of Vegetto Black.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

MaGyunia
Regular

Post by MaGyunia » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:52 pm

Remember, Black is seen travelling back in time and using his ring. It's additional "proof" that he has innate or acquired powers that go beyond mere fighting prowess or hugely large Ki, he's probably on par with the most powerful dities in terms of time, space and reality manipulation.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:53 pm

MaGyunia wrote:Remember, Black is seen travelling back in time and using his ring. It's additional "proof" that he has innate or acquired powers that go beyond mere fighting prowess or hugely large Ki, he's probably on par with the most powerful dities in terms of time, space and reality manipulation.
Let's not forget Black is shown speaking with someone as soon as he uses his ring.

dodonpa
Not-So-Newbie

Post by dodonpa » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:08 pm

The grin he has in one of the Toriyama's draws seems pretty malign to me, so I think he is a villain.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:55 pm

ryou766 wrote:
MaGyunia wrote:Remember, Black is seen travelling back in time and using his ring. It's additional "proof" that he has innate or acquired powers that go beyond mere fighting prowess or hugely large Ki, he's probably on par with the most powerful dities in terms of time, space and reality manipulation.
Let's not forget Black is shown speaking with someone as soon as he uses his ring.
I think he's talking to himself, isn't he?
I just wonder, if Black is an experienced time traveller, he shouldn't be surprised by Trunks vanishing..maybe it's not as simple like that.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:11 pm

I just want to point out this is the only chance in the series outside of any fanstories to see a battle Vegetto VS Gogeta. All they need is a second Vegeta (well, one of the fusions would probably still be the same evil guy but at least it would look like a battle as Vegetto and Gogeta).
"Citation needed."
"too lazy