7 things the Future Trunks arc has done right so far

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Re: 7 things the Future Trunks arc has done right so far

Post by Beerus-sama » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:44 pm

ChronoTwigger wrote:1. Beerus straw
YES!! it was so funny :lol:

Other ones I can think of:
-Trunks interactions with Beerus (Trunks interaction with everyone in general)
- Goku Black and the mystery behind him
- New Kaioshin from another universe :thumbup: (more like visiting other universe, but having a new Kaioshin is also good :D )
- Expansion of the dragon ball deities story
- Beerus asking for dinner (because it was so random asking for it when theres still daylight)
- Gohan holding Pan happily and Trunks sobbing for his family.
- Also, Trunks signs of PSTD.
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:54 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:- Expanding Future Trunks' character
- Having a good central antagonist
- Keeping Beerus and Whis largely out the plot
- Having a consistently good BGM
- Creating a sense of mystery and mystique
- Permanently killing off an important character
- Satisfying shipping fans
Lies.
Huh? They've done jack shit in Future Trunks arc. Hell, the only thing thing of any significance I can remember either of them providing in the plot so far is exposition from Whis about the butterfly effect. And of course Beerus threatening to destroy Future Trunks' time machine, which would have been pointless, as they had a second one to spare.
Their roles have been major. Discerning Black's ki and correlating it with Zamasu's might serve as a huge impact in the story later on.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Shin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shin » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:16 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:
Lies.
Huh? They've done jack shit in Future Trunks arc. Hell, the only thing thing of any significance I can remember either of them providing in the plot so far is exposition from Whis about the butterfly effect. And of course Beerus threatening to destroy Future Trunks' time machine, which would have been pointless, as they had a second one to spare.
Their roles have been major. Discerning Black's ki and correlating it with Zamasu's might serve as a huge impact in the story later on.
IIRC That's really the only thing they've done so far.
Dragon Ball /Z/GT/Super is a children's show and there's nothing wrong with that.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:33 am

z_cherub wrote:3 - relax, geez....
I think you're misreading the situation here. It was just free advice about posting etiquette, for everyone's sake. No one is going to forum jail over this.
-Rachel

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:42 am

Shin wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Huh? They've done jack shit in Future Trunks arc. Hell, the only thing thing of any significance I can remember either of them providing in the plot so far is exposition from Whis about the butterfly effect. And of course Beerus threatening to destroy Future Trunks' time machine, which would have been pointless, as they had a second one to spare.
IIRC That's really the only thing they've done so far.
The arc is only like 6 episodes in I think. =P
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

SSJ Human
Regular

Post by SSJ Human » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:27 am

The arc is only like 6 episodes in I think. =P
How long do you think it''s going to be? They seem to be moving at a quick pace.

z_cherub
Beyond Newbie

Post by z_cherub » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:22 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
z_cherub wrote:1 - I believe it was mainly an attempt at humor
2 - if you really NEED it spelled out, they don't believe Beerus/Whis have been largely excluded
3 - relax, geez....
The staff here at Kanzenshuu ask that members bring as much substance to the conversation as possible. The moderation team was recently expanded to help ensure posts adhere to the community guidelines, which you agreed to prior to registration (twice). Please review them before making further contributions.

Any further issues will result in an account strike, which will add up to temporary/permanent bans and revoked access to the ENTIRETY of the Kanzenshuu website.
I've read said rules multiple times. Please highlight which one my post above objectively violated prior to issuing "threats". Thx.

z_cherub
Beyond Newbie

Post by z_cherub » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:36 am

TripleRach wrote:
z_cherub wrote:3 - relax, geez....
I think you're misreading the situation here. It was just free advice about posting etiquette, for everyone's sake. No one is going to forum jail over this.
Fair enough. Apologies if I read too much into it. To the casual reader, it read as a formal warning from the mods about a relatively harmless comment made in jest.

This is a good community, but many mods are VERY quick to warn members about their "tone" or similar inferred content, but are rather careless with their own tone when publicly chastising members (I.e. "advice" that reads like a veiled "do this again and you'll be "missed").

I'm not accusing you personally, just commenting on a general trend I've seen from several mods on here. Take it or leave it, but if you and the staff are interested in the feel and well-being of the forum community, maybe at least take it under consideration.

Outside of that, thanks for all you do. Keep it up.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:05 am

-Further development on Future Trunks' character
-Black is actually a villain for a change (albeit a cliched and nonsensical one)
-The fight scenes are actually decent
-Even more expansion on the Dragon Ball multiverse

Future Trunks still isn't great and doesn't come close to the original but it's still a huge step forward for Super.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.