Some wishes for a next villain after the trunks arc??

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Re: Some wishes for a next villain after the trunks arc??

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:43 pm

None of the gods are dieing so you guys should forget that. The old cast of characters is completely done,besides Goku,Vegeta,Kaioshin and Bulma so I don't even know why guys are even including them in the next arc.

The gods are the main focus of super so you should forget anything ever happening to them.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:50 pm

A Majin Buu-like threat, only originating in Universe 6. The good guy Saiyans are overwhelmed, so Cabba decides to contact Vegeta and get his help. Goku tags along too and we get to explore that universe more, with Hit also assuming a Piccolo-like role. Goku and Vegeta are introduced to some U6 Saiyan training methods, mirroring the Room of Spirit and Time from the Cell arc. The villain could also absorb Champa and kill Vados (or the opposite), which is the reason he is that strong, much like how Buu absorbed the Kaioshin.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:17 pm

I'm hoping that some time travel BS happens, and when they defeat black and go back to the past, they end up a year or two in the future of their own time line. A new threat would have appeared, but not on Earth, on new Namek. Piccolo, and Gohan leave to deal with the threat, but they haven't returned and it's been 6th months, so Goku and Vegeta go to see what's going on.

I think the main villain would either be a namekian or a demon species with a ki in direct opposition to godly ki. There would also be several lower level villains so Gohan and Piccolo could get a good fight. The arc would expand on Gohan and Piccolo's relationship and the lore of the namekian people, especially pre drought. I would also like a massive power ups for both Gohan and Piccolo(not god level power ups), and a tag team fight with Piccolo and Gohan fighting together.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:26 pm

ChaosLordBrandon wrote:None of the gods are dieing so you guys should forget that. The old cast of characters is completely done,besides Goku,Vegeta,Kaioshin and Bulma so I don't even know why guys are even including them in the next arc.

The gods are the main focus of super so you should forget anything ever happening to them.
The gods obviously wont die and the old cast will never actually be 'done'.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:35 pm

I'd love to see Janmeba-like villain in terms of abilities mixed with a female character, because, well, Dragon Ball hasn't had much of those.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:54 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Some rough ideas i've been thinking lately:

Beerus execution arc

Allowing the main cast using time travel will put Beerus, Kaioshin and Whis on Zeno's dead list and he will sent some characters to kill them.
One of those characters would be the Grand Priest they met on Zuno's planet and Whis said he is one of the 5 strongest. He would be th strongest one of the bunch.

Knowing their brothers are in danger, Champa, Vados and U6 fighters will come to help. Some will die.
Goku wouldn't be able to demote Zeno until the last minute. Kinda like Shanks stopped the Paramount War in One Piece.

God Slayers arc

A group of villains that has a grudge against the Gods and are traveling between universes because they decided to kill them all.
At least, Champa would die on this arc.
I'd actually be up for this though I'd rename the 2nd one the Bounty Hunters arc :P
Kinda is a throw back to the game Runescape for me with the death of Guthix and what-not.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:16 pm

I'm still waiting on my old idea from 2014 to become a reality.

A God of Destruction who became too drunk on his power and status that it's made him slightly insane and he now destroys planets at an extraordinary rate thus threatening balance for that universe.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:15 pm

Another idea I'd go for is that everything's always geared towards Goku or Vegeta. Goku done this so I wanna kill him, Vegeta peed in my cornflakes blah blah blah, they are the main characters so I get the problems always going to float around them but it'd be nice if something was brought about because of something Beerus done. Maybe something Future Trunks done, I mean it is called the Future Trunks arc but somehow everyone always ends up suffering because of Goku. I think Black should have appeared on a mistake of Trunks instead of Goku. I'd like to see some time-keeper be mad at Trunks for all his traveling, or someone mad at Beerus for making friends with mortals.

I do like the idea of some Mad-King drunk on power more-so over a God of Destruction, I think this Black arc should be enough for a while on Godly figures. I'd like to see some kind of adventure into a different dimension rather than a different universe.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:48 am

Bullza wrote:I'm still waiting on my old idea from 2014 to become a reality.

A God of Destruction who became too drunk on his power and status that it's made him slightly insane and he now destroys planets at an extraordinary rate thus threatening balance for that universe.
I really don't want to go back to the old 'drunk on power douchebag who destroys just cause'. Buu did it the best and we should just leave it at that.

Beerus was a breath of fresh air when he was introduced since we had a villain who wasn't really evil. Just an overpowered manchild with way too many berserk buttons. And in the end, turned out to be fairly good and honorable.

Freeza was a nice throw back to the most popular complete monster in the series.

Champa is much like Beerus, except he's even less evil.

Zamasu and Black are both evil and caused mass-murder, but they're doing it for a good cause, so in their minds they're the heroes doing god's work.

So, it would be a stepped back in my opinion to return to the power-hungry villain, even if they're insane.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:53 am

I like the concept of Makaioshins being further explored in-depth since our only canonical insight into them is with Dabura and maybe Akkuman. Perhaps they stage an invasion of Earth? Does that sound too similar to Garlic Jr and Piccolo Daimao? Seeing some unique techniques from them like the Devilmite Beam would also be a refreshing change of pace from the linear power progression we've had this arc.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:55 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:A new Namek villain could work. They could find away to create a new Namek villain that is not a rehash of Piccolo Daimao.
Maybe Piccolo could fuse with him and actually become useful again. Though at this point with how many times they've screwed over Piccolo I doubt he'll ever be useful again. :(

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:17 am

I really don't want to go back to the old 'drunk on power douchebag who destroys just cause'. Buu did it the best and we should just leave it at that.
Well it wouldn't be quite that kind of thing. I suppose it would be kinda like what they've already gone and done with Zamasu to an extent. Though except he's a Supreme Kai who went off of his rocker instead of a God of Destruction.

So yeah I suppose they already did half my idea so it'd be too samey to do it again.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:20 am

Lionel wrote:I like the concept of Makaioshins being further explored in-depth since our only canonical insight into them is with Dabura and maybe Akkuman. Perhaps they stage an invasion of Earth? Does that sound too similar to Garlic Jr and Piccolo Daimao? Seeing some unique techniques from them like the Devilmite Beam would also be a refreshing change of pace from the linear power progression we've had this arc.
Dabura and Akkuman are not Demon Kais. They're just demons.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Lujin_16
Regular

Post by Lujin_16 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:57 am

Alruneia wrote:I'll avoid spoiling my fan fiction plots, so how about that war arc? I'm not sure exactly how it'd go, but Twin Universe 6 (that's 6 and 7) would be pulled in, along with other twin universes, as a side effect of an enormous war in Twin Universe... say 4, for example. Universe 4 versus Universe 9. Of course, there would be not one, but two main villains in such an arc. One for each side. We'd then have a three-way battle where the fighters are those two and a person representing the overrun universes that shouldn't really be involved as the third, in Super's case most likely Goku. I don't think there's been a 1v1v1 battle against main villains in Dragon Ball before.

Whis said that the other gods of destruction are much more violent so a war arc is possible...I can definitely see Beerus,Whis,Vados,Champa,Goku,Vegeta,Hit against the other gods maybe they have

done something wrong and the Omniking is angry about it and commands to kill them hmm i mean why not??? Would make sense..

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:07 am

Unless Zamasu' little plot is a sign of other Gods or Kais potentially losing it, I doubt we'll have a villain next time. We're probably gonna get around to that 12 Universe Tournament thing instead of just having an actual antagonist.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:28 am

Lujin_16 wrote:
Alruneia wrote:I'll avoid spoiling my fan fiction plots, so how about that war arc? I'm not sure exactly how it'd go, but Twin Universe 6 (that's 6 and 7) would be pulled in, along with other twin universes, as a side effect of an enormous war in Twin Universe... say 4, for example. Universe 4 versus Universe 9. Of course, there would be not one, but two main villains in such an arc. One for each side. We'd then have a three-way battle where the fighters are those two and a person representing the overrun universes that shouldn't really be involved as the third, in Super's case most likely Goku. I don't think there's been a 1v1v1 battle against main villains in Dragon Ball before.

Whis said that the other gods of destruction are much more violent so a war arc is possible...I can definitely see Beerus,Whis,Vados,Champa,Goku,Vegeta,Hit against the other gods maybe they have

done something wrong and the Omniking is angry about it and commands to kill them hmm i mean why not??? Would make sense..
The thing wrong with that is the Omiking would kill them all himself instantly. And Toriyama himself said he has zero plans about Goku surpassing Beerus. Which mean Goku is getting no where near the gods of destruction in power for a while.

People seem to be forgetting about this. And the Gods of destruction are part of the main focus of Super so none of them are dieing. In the main Timeline.

The Omiking got slightly pissed off and threatened to kill his guards just because they said something he didn't like. And he was gonna kill Beerus and Champa just for having a tournament. And if when he finds out gods were having a war, he will go over there and kill them all instantly.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:08 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Unless Zamasu' little plot is a sign of other Gods or Kais potentially losing it, I doubt we'll have a villain next time. We're probably gonna get around to that 12 Universe Tournament thing instead of just having an actual antagonist.
I doubt it. They can go easily go to another universe and fight a bad guy in that world. I feel like it's too soon for the 12 universe tournament since we just had the Champa saga a while ago.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:25 pm

My idea for a new arc is not actually for a villain, and does not even feature goku and co for the most part... It's actually a story to explain why Beerus and Whis are not seen or mentioned at the end of Z.

Beeru's Death Arc

Beerus has another prophetic dream, this time, he dies in it, he comes to term with his fate and is happy with his life, so he doesn't want to be revived, this arc will not feature Goku and the others for the most part and will focus on Beerus, he searches for two things in this arc, a succesor who does not commit his same errors and deals the ideal amount of destruction limiting selfish destructions, this will be because after the Black incident and his times with Goku and co have taught him not everything needs to be needlessly destroyed, the second thing Beerus wants is a battle with an opponent who can Beat him, he goes through Universe 6 and 5 with permission from Zeno to find his successor, he takes Champa with him and leaves Whis because he always relies on him for transportation and would like this last journey to be without him, universe 5 is the first stop, the destroyer of that universe (who in my draft is female) joins and help them try to find a successor, but to no avail since universe 5 is a mostly evil universe and every strong person is evil, they go to universe 6 and they keep searching, until they fight Hit, who is an assassin and only kills because of his job, Beerus fights him and while he wins, he sees that Hit is very trustworthy on his job and an honorable person who only kills because it's his job to do and is not really evil, so he chooses him as his successor, Champa allows it and Hit accepts, Beerus goes back to univere 7 after he gives up on finding a strong opponent since there is no such mortal, and fighting with a god would not be that fun, Whis then traps him in his staff and goes inside it too, he tells Beerus he will be his opponent, they fight without fear of destroying the universe since they are in a void dimension, Beerus has become much stronger, enough to tie in with Whis in a final struggle, Whis theorizes it's because of his willpower that and appreciation of life because of knowing Goku and the others, when they get out, Everyone all the known characters of uni 6 and 7 are there for a final party for Beerus, prepared by Whis, Beerus enjoys being with them and says his farewells, then puts on his pijamas and talks with this "In the end, I did not find the thrill of battle I wanted, to be defeated, not even by you... but that's ok, I had a lot of fun" says Beerus to Whis, who responds "Me too Beerus-sama". Beerus says "I'm so sleepy... more than i've ever been... I can't stand it..." and Whis says "Good night... Beerus-sama"... "Good Night Whis.... Thank you"... and Beerus sleeps for the last time. After this, Whis retires as an attendant and is promoted to Zeno's palaces.

Notes:

The reason of his death is because his lifespan has reached to an end, it is revealed the reason he sleeps so much is because it helps him live longer (hibernation stops his aging), but he has been awake for a lot of time and it has taken it's toll on him.
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:21 am

We haven't had a demonic villain since Janemba (not counting the video games). I think a demon god or another powerful demon would be cool. I always love this design from Salvamakoto. This design to me feels like he could fit very well next to Dabra, Janemba, Towa and Mira.

She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

hold3n

Post by hold3n » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:08 am

I think the Universe 6 Tuffles could be good villains. Since the Saiyans in Universe 6 are peaceful, it would be cool to have Tuffles be intelligent killers. The Tuffles would invade planet Salad, and Cabba could call Goku and Vegeta for help. When they arrive on Salad, it could be revealed that the Tuffles hired Hit to help with the invasion. We could have an epic Goku Vs. Hit rematch, while we could have weaker characters like Krillin or Piccolo take on the Tuffle henchman. Since the Tuffles are very technologically advanced, I think it would be cool for them to have a small group of elite warriors that do intense training every day (hi-tech gravity training, simulations, ext.) Meanwhile, Krillin and Piccolo go searching for a time-machine, rumored to be one of the secret weapons of the Tuffles. When they find it, they see a Tuffle already leaving in the machine, but all of a sudden, Champa appears. Since time-machines violate the galactic law or whatever, Champa destroys the time-machine and its pilot. The Tuffle elites arrive, and mop the floor with Krillin and Piccolo. When Goku, Vegeta, Cabba, and Hit (who realized that the Tuffles are too dangerous to work for) arrive. There would be four elites, one stronger than the other three. Goku, Vegeta, and Hit are able to just barely beat the elite they are fighting, while Cabba is too scared to fight due to his Saiyans not being warriors. The final elite fights Champa, and narrowly beats him. Champa tries to use the Hakai technique, but the elite would know instant transmission due to the Tuffles knowing many techniques from the races they conquer. When Champa puts out his hand to use the attack, the strongest elite that is fighting him instant transmissions behind him and hits Champa with a jab to the neck. The Tuffle elite then proceeds to defeat all the fighters except Cabba who is too afraid of his insane power. The first person he tries to kill is Vegeta, but Vegeta delivers an inspirational spech to Cabba and he goes SSB. Due to Cabba's insane potential and the elite who killed Champa being very tired after their fight, Cabba stands a fair chance. Cabba finally kills the elite, but is very tired, and faints. Goku hands out senzu beans to everyone, but when he gets to Champa, it has no affect. This is when they realize the Universe 6 God of Destruction is dead. Minutes later, Vados arrives, surprised to see both Champa and his killer dead. When she finds out Cabba killed the elite who killed Champa, she offers to let him be the next God of Destuction. Cabba politely declines, and Hit decides he will be the new God of Destuction, so he goes off to with Vados. Then Goku and company say goodbye to Hit and Cabba and go back to universe 6.

Wow! Props to you if you bothered to read this far!
Last edited by hold3n on Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*random dragon ball shit*