Future Trunks' new form!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Friezacooler
Regular

Re: Future Trunk's new form!

Post by Friezacooler » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:59 am

it seems they take the power level's are bull**** meme a little to serious, and went retard mode on this one. Hope the manga has a logical explanation behind this power up, it doesn't make sense for trunks to achieve a power up that high without whis staff or god ki.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:05 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:Know what pisses Trunks off more than murdering his mother, killing his gf, and laying waste to his planet? Criticizing his time traveling. Don't ever press the time travel button.
Or you know, he's enraged because all of this was his fault.
It was a joke. =P
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:12 am

This power boost should just be a temporary boost and not a transformation, in other words a rage boost.

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:30 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:This power boost should just be a temporary boost and not a transformation, in other words a rage boost.
He has a yellow and a blue aura coming out of him, also he has a new hairstyle, this is pretty much a new transformation than a rage boost

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:27 pm

Friezacooler wrote:it seems they take the power level's are bull**** meme a little to serious, and went retard mode on this one. Hope the manga has a logical explanation behind this power up, it doesn't make sense for trunks to achieve a power up that high without whis staff or god ki.
Piccolo reached far beyond Final Form Freeza tier with just three years of basic training, Vegeta reached beyond SSJG tier in six months of training with Whis, Future Trunks as a SSJ2 became stronger than SSJ3 Goku through training with Kaioshin and Freeza reached God Tier in four months with basic training.

Anything is possible in Dragon Ball.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:18 pm

Khin wrote:My guess right now is Trunks' new form is an alternate Super Saiyan Blue by achieving it through being enraged. During Goku and Vegeta's training Whis, they first had the Blue power by being relaxed, and presumably fully achieved the form through the same method as well. Toriyama's reason for giving Goku and Vegeta's hair as blue is to make them look tranquil as well.

Trunks' form is different, he has a ferocious look with the Broli-like eyes and spiky hair, and seemingly achieved the form by getting angry. But he apparently have the Super Saiyan Blue aura, which Zamasu describes as divine Ki just by seeing it on Kamitube, so Trunks' form is probably a god form as well. Him being exposed to Goku and Vegeta's god form probably help him achieve that form as well.

I'm optimistic that we will have an explanation next week. And about the name, I'll call it "Super Trunks" since that's the name the summaries gave, unless they will give us another name for it next week.
This is the closest to what I think. I would name it Quasi Super Saiyan Blue. It's very similar to the form Goku used against Slug in the movies.

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:24 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Friezacooler wrote:it seems they take the power level's are bull**** meme a little to serious, and went retard mode on this one. Hope the manga has a logical explanation behind this power up, it doesn't make sense for trunks to achieve a power up that high without whis staff or god ki.
Piccolo reached far beyond Final Form Freeza tier with just three years of basic training, Vegeta reached beyond SSJG tier in six months of training with Whis, Future Trunks as a SSJ2 became stronger than SSJ3 Goku through training with Kaioshin and Freeza reached God Tier in four months with basic training.

There sames to be nothing logical about trunks power up unlike the other characters you mentioned.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:37 pm

Friezacooler wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:

There sames to be nothing logical about trunks power up unlike the other characters you mentioned.
All the scenario's I mentioned had character produce insane spikes in power, when nothing was established that they could reach those heights. Let alone through training. Freeza and Vegeta are the biggest offenders of this. Future Trunks rage boost may seem ludicrous but he trained with Kaioshin to become a SSJ2 and then he trained on top of that make his SSJ2 form reach the same level, or at least very close to that, of SSJ3 Goku post-ROF. The subtle hints that Future Trunks may have had an immense amount of latent potential are there.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Re: Future Trunks' new form!

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:19 pm

I get Trunks has been reaching new heights... but how is rage alone key to be God-Tier?
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:38 pm

I feel like it's more just a huge power boost rather than an entirely new form. I doubt it'll get a name, other than the other characters marveling at how he's like a "Super Trunks" or something, kind of like how Vegeta dubbed himself "Super Vegeta" when fighting Cell. So maybe it could be considered another "grade" of Super Saiyan 2? Admittedly, the blue in the aura looked like they may have been implying godly ki is involved, but we can't confirm yet if that's true...
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:21 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote:I get Trunks has been reaching new heights... but how is rage alone key to be God-Tier?
See "MY BULMA!!" Vegeta in the Battle of Gods arc. The extreme rage boosts that Vegeta's family has suddenly started having really are that powerful.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:14 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote:I get Trunks has been reaching new heights... but how is rage alone key to be God-Tier?
I don't think it would be, had he not been exposed to Vegeta, Goku and Black all utilizing this very different manner of ki control in Saiyan bodies.

But it's kind of like spending a few days with acrobats, seeing their techniques, and then, in a moment of pure adrenaline and because you're a slight prodigy, realizing you can do a cartwheel.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:52 pm

Either way, the way it was portrayed, Trunks seems to be in a new form. Gohan had a major rage boost once, and it turned out to be SSJ2.

And judging by how Super has been going these days, it might make a difference.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:28 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Know what pisses Trunks off more than murdering his mother, killing his gf, and laying waste to his planet? Criticizing his time traveling. Don't ever press the time travel button.
I know this is a joke, but it's the straw that broke the camels back. Kind of like android 16 and gohan. Trunks' makes more sense because he was basically criticized for his life's work.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:30 pm

Alruneia wrote:See "MY BULMA!!" Vegeta in the Battle of Gods arc. The extreme rage boosts that Vegeta's family has suddenly started having really are that powerful.
That makes me really want to see Abo and Cado attacking Gure, so I get to witness Tarble surpassing everyone. :roll:

I do wonder if King Vegeta also had this ability.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:51 pm

Wait Meme?, i thougth that it was actually true :lol: that's why i don't take this too seriously, for me it's just a rage boost like Vegeta's my Bulma, with the difference that this rage boost looks actually pretty cool :think:
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:55 pm

dbs fanboy wrote:
Wait Meme?, i thougth that it was actually true :lol: that's why i don't take this too seriously, for me it's just a rage boost like Vegeta's my Bulma, with the difference that this rage boost looks actually pretty cool :think:
There is a big diffrence between Vegeta's situation and Trunks asspull power up, but someone with a username like yours proply wouldn't notice the difference.

nite_jay
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by nite_jay » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:57 pm

Friezacooler wrote:
dbs fanboy wrote:
There is a big diffrence between Vegeta's situation and Trunks asspull power up, but someone with a username like yours proply wouldn't notice the difference.

What's the big difference?

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:06 pm

nite_jay wrote:
Friezacooler wrote:
dbs fanboy wrote:

Watch BOG over and over again, till you understand the difference in power gap between regular ki and God ki.

nite_jay
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by nite_jay » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:09 pm

Friezacooler wrote:
nite_jay wrote:
Friezacooler wrote:

Watch BOG over and over again, till you understand the difference in power gap between regular ki and God ki.
What about RoF, though? I'm pretty sure Freeza didn't have God ki.