Dragon Ball Super to Simulcast on Crunchyroll, Daisuki, AnimeLab

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Dragon Ball Super to Simulcast on Crunchyroll, Daisuki, AnimeLab

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:08 am

sangofe wrote:
Sonicjamareiz wrote:I'm confused will Super come to the free users on Crunchyroll?
I don't think so.
They've already stated that it'll be available to free users of Crunchyroll.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:21 am

Question: Is Crunchy going to have do simulcast for the free users?
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

nite_jay
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by nite_jay » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:31 am

Will you need an account to use it free on crunchyroll?

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:10 pm

nite_jay wrote:Will you need an account to use it free on crunchyroll?
No. You'll be just a guest visiting the site where you can watch it for free. Just beware of ads and lesser video quality. That is all. If you're a subscription member you don't have any ads and you'll enjoy 1080p video quality.

Will
Beyond Newbie

Post by Will » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:17 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
Puto wrote:People living in Europe are, as usual, screwed out of it and have to resort to downloading illegal rips of the streams. Because that's what ALWAYS happens with Europe.
The article has been updated and Daisuki will also be streaming the anime in Europe, except for some countries (That they don´t say which ones though).
Nice to know. :D

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:18 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
Puto wrote:People living in Europe are, as usual, screwed out of it and have to resort to downloading illegal rips of the streams. Because that's what ALWAYS happens with Europe.
The article has been updated and Daisuki will also be streaming the anime in Europe, except for some countries (That they don´t say which ones though).
Except for some countries... Hmmm. Got a bad feeling about that. I live in The Netherlands see. And next to Belgium and Luxemburg it's the smallest country on earth. Though i know enough dragon ball fans around here to fill an entire theater!

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:23 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
Except for some countries... Hmmm. Got a bad feeling about that. I live in The Netherlands see. And next to Belgium and Luxemburg it's the smallest country on earth. Though i know enough dragon ball fans around here to fill an entire theater!
It tells you a lot when Vatican City is so small that it's not even acknowledged by your list of smallest countries.
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:26 pm

sangofe wrote:
Sonicjamareiz wrote:
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: The article has been updated and Daisuki will also be streaming the anime in Europe, except for some countries (That they don´t say which ones though).
This actually indirectly confirms my previous post :D
What did your previous post say?
Eh.. you even replied to his previous post. Just scroll up a bit on page 4.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:34 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
sangofe wrote:
Sonicjamareiz wrote: This actually indirectly confirms my previous post :D
What did your previous post say?
Eh.. you even replied to his previous post. Just scroll up a bit on page 4.
Well, I spent 4-5 minutes trying to make sense and the connection... but uh, no didn't make any sense. And his previous post doesn't have a connection with this one, or I'm sleep walking...

Also, I'm sorry, but eh, I'm allowed to be tired, am i not, dbgtFO and not remember every nickname I reply to? You don't have to be snarky about it :)

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:43 pm

sangofe wrote: Well, I spent 4-5 minutes trying to make sense and the connection... but uh, no didn't make any sense. And his previous post doesn't have a connection with this one, or I'm sleep walking...

Also, I'm sorry, but eh, I'm allowed to be tired, am i not, dbgtFO and not remember every nickname I reply to? You don't have to be snarky about it :)
Challenging me? Time to start up my zero-humans-plan then :lol:
Sorry about that, didn't mean to convey snarkiness in that post.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:52 pm

Finally jesus christ Toei. Simulcast should have been last year and the dub this year but I'll guess I'll take lagging a year behind! Dub announcement is imminent given what they say more to come.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:21 pm

Just downloaded the Crunchyroll app on my PS3 (and will do the same with my eventual PS4 here shortly, if current plans hold together), and woohoo, does work just fine on the TV! Video quality seems a little less than what Netflix and Hulu are giving me for stuff, but I'm assuming that's because whereas those I'm watching via paid accounts, Crunchyroll I'm just using for free. It's decent enough to watch and support the official simulcast though, so can't wait to watch the next episode come Monday or so (I work over the weekend so that's the earliest I could really get to it, barring maybe Sunday night but that's unlikely).
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:21 pm

Helios518 wrote:Question: Is Crunchy going to have do simulcast for the free users?
I don't think they've specified yet. Looking at their site, a lot of their current simulcasts are available to paid members immediately, and free users one week later. Based on that I'd say it's likely that non-members would have to wait, but one of the exceptions to the waiting period appears to be One Piece, so maybe Super would receive the same deal? Nothing in the announcements says it won't be available for free immediately...I guess we'll find out in just a couple days for sure :D
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:28 pm

The official announcement on ANN says that it's available to free members. Unless they've misreported, it seemingly will be just an hour behind the premiere in Japan. I suppose that part could be different for the free users, though still a little poor of them to not report as such right from the get go if that really is the case.
Twitter

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:35 pm

Toys in 2017... Image

Simulcast available... Image

Dub and Home release............ TBA.

We getting there though. I guess this is the final nail for DragonTeam then. Hope the subs are good.

Also I hope this means FUNi can dub from the Future Trunks arc onwards too....

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:43 pm

With official subs, I find fan subs pointless. TV Nihon and GUIS took down their subs for some of the Super Sentai and Ultraman because they are licensed now. Not to mention, I like my subs done personality with no terms like Baka, Sama and Onni Chan. If you are someone who knows nothing about Japanese culture or the language, those words will confuse you. Look how Criterion subs their movies.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:51 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
nite_jay wrote:Will you need an account to use it free on crunchyroll?
No. You'll be just a guest visiting the site where you can watch it for free. Just beware of ads and lesser video quality. That is all. If you're a subscription member (who pays ofcourse) you don't have any ads and you'll enjoy an excellent 1080p video quality.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:52 pm

What the hell is wrong with this forum!??
I can't even Edit a simple post!??

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:39 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:What the hell is wrong with this forum!??
From the upgrade notes back in July:
VegettoEX wrote:Post Editing Privileges
We are shifting to a style that is commonly used across the Internet: topic creators may edit their initial post indefinitely (useful for "Official Topic/Thread"-type discussions, or collections of information), while individual responses from other users may only be edited up to two hours after the initial posting (as opposed to being open for editing indefinitely). Kanzenshuu is about documenting history, and specifically that history as it originally happened and was originally stated. While we of course think people should have a little bit to reflect on what they post, part of being a responsible Internet citizen is understanding that what you say remains online forever. You are creating history as you leave your comments; that is something "awesome" in the actual sense of that word, and should be treated with respect and care as your contributions become part of a greater whole.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:02 pm

Ajay wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:What the hell is wrong with this forum!??
From the upgrade notes back in July:
VegettoEX wrote:Post Editing Privileges
We are shifting to a style that is commonly used across the Internet: topic creators may edit their initial post indefinitely (useful for "Official Topic/Thread"-type discussions, or collections of information), while individual responses from other users may only be edited up to two hours after the initial posting (as opposed to being open for editing indefinitely). Kanzenshuu is about documenting history, and specifically that history as it originally happened and was originally stated. While we of course think people should have a little bit to reflect on what they post, part of being a responsible Internet citizen is understanding that what you say remains online forever. You are creating history as you leave your comments; that is something "awesome" in the actual sense of that word, and should be treated with respect and care as your contributions become part of a greater whole.
Hmm okay. Thanks for the explanation.