"Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Dub Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Dub Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:03 pm

ironfist2020 wrote:I'm watching ghost in the shell arise now. elizabeth maxwell is amazing as motoko kusunagi AKA major. i heard she also voices kale.
Actually, no. The girl who voices Kale is Dawn M Bennett. Do a little bit of research next time.

Though, speaking of which, I'm very excited to hear her in tonight's episode. And also speaking of tonight's episode, there's another reason why I'm excited for it. Because it has the debut of a very special moment for me. Just look at my avatar. :wink:
Caulifla best girl! :)

ironfist2020
Banned

Post by ironfist2020 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:09 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
ironfist2020 wrote:I'm watching ghost in the shell arise now. elizabeth maxwell is amazing as motoko kusunagi AKA major. i heard she also voices kale.
Actually, no. The girl who voices Kale is Dawn M Bennett. Do a little bit of research next time.

Though, speaking of which, I'm very excited to hear her in tonight's episode. And also speaking of tonight's episode, there's another reason why I'm excited for it. Because it has the debut of a very special moment for me. Just look at my avatar. :wink:
Blame MAL for this wrong info

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:35 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:

Indeed, I am Very Excite about Tonight's Episode too, been WAY to long of a wait with 2 weeks of end of the year Marathons we had to wait threw, but Now we are Finally going to get to hear Kale for the 1st time along with her interactions with Caulifla and Cabba! :thumbup:

Really for Fans of DB Super Ladies it has been an Epic last few New Episodes, the Voice Actresses of both Caulifla & Brianne de Chateau/Ribrianne have Blown it out of the Water in Beyond Good World Premieres! :clap:

I am Happy for all the Kale Fans for this week, I include myself in the Kale and Caulifla Fandom, this Ha been a Long time in Coming, Lets Enjoy! :D

Also Indeed Very Much Yes Dragon Ball Gus, We get to Your Girl Caulifla Make SSJ History Now in English Dub Form, Major Congratz! :clap: :thumbup:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:23 am

Watched the latest episode and yes, that is Christopher Ayres in the credits! If he can keep it up, we are in for a very, very good time this arc.

Elizabeth Maxwell stole the show as Caulifla. Between her big scene and the clip of they showed of Goku transforming from the Broly movie, these dub actors REALLY go for it in the transformation scenes. Also, Caulifla's last line in this ep was telling Kale to come over and "get some tingle." Not only is that great out of context, it's nice to see they're owning the back-tingle thing. It is the future, embrace it.

ironfist2020
Banned

Post by ironfist2020 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:27 am

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:

Indeed, I am Very Excite about Tonight's Episode too, been WAY to long of a wait with 2 weeks of end of the year Marathons we had to wait threw, but Now we are Finally going to get to hear Kale for the 1st time along with her interactions with Caulifla and Cabba! :thumbup:

Really for Fans of DB Super Ladies it has been an Epic last few New Episodes, the Voice Actresses of both Caulifla & Brianne de Chateau/Ribrianne have Blown it out of the Water in Beyond Good World Premieres! :clap:

I am Happy for all the Kale Fans for this week, I include myself in the Kale and Caulifla Fandom, this Ha been a Long time in Coming, Lets Enjoy! :D

Also Indeed Very Much Yes Dragon Ball Gus, We get to Your Girl Caulifla Make SSJ History Now in English Dub Form, Major Congratz! :clap: :thumbup:
your'e a female?

ironfist2020
Banned

Post by ironfist2020 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:31 am

i found this on youtube. a full previvew in the ending of an episode just like in the japanese version. but it wasent there in the episode itself last week. what the hell is going on?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgBy-_1sUPg

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:19 am

Kataphrut wrote:Watched the latest episode and yes, that is Christopher Ayres in the credits! If he can keep it up, we are in for a very, very good time this arc.

Elizabeth Maxwell stole the show as Caulifla. Between her big scene and the clip of they showed of Goku transforming from the Broly movie, these dub actors REALLY go for it in the transformation scenes. Also, Caulifla's last line in this ep was telling Kale to come over and "get some tingle." Not only is that great out of context, it's nice to see they're owning the back-tingle thing. It is the future, embrace it.
I'd never imagine he'd do the movie and attempt the main series too so definitely hats off to him. So blessed to have him as our Freeza!

And yes that Broly clip was A*!

ironfist2020
Banned

Post by ironfist2020 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:26 pm

if you want a taste of kauliflia asshole moments in super watch ghost in the shell arise. elizabeth maxwell voicing major and shes an asshole to everyone the entire show. i have no doubt they chosed her after seeing her preformence there. shes perfect for the role. she will top the japanese voice actress who sounded annoying for me at least

Jaden
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Jaden » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:12 pm

They changed Vegeta's line from "Doesn't Chi-Chi have her hands on the money" to "We all know your woman runs the house".

If I didn't know any better I'd say Funi deliberately forbid Vegeta to say Earthlings' names

Anyways, isn't the next episode the one where Kale goes Broly?

I can't wait for the "You, Cabba, I choose you to be the first of my victims" line :thumbup:

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:07 am

ironfist2020 wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Actually, no. The girl who voices Kale is Dawn M Bennett. Do a little bit of research next time.

your'e a female?
Nope Male, I am Just Very Enthusiastic about Female Characters! :thumbup:
My #1 in DB!

Lunatic Fringe
Regular

Post by Lunatic Fringe » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:10 am

Jaden wrote:They changed Vegeta's line from "Doesn't Chi-Chi have her hands on the money" to "We all know your woman runs the house".

If I didn't know any better I'd say Funi deliberately forbid Vegeta to say Earthlings' names

Anyways, isn't the next episode the one where Kale goes Broly?

I can't wait for the "You, Cabba, I choose you to be the first of my victims" line :thumbup:
Considering that he call Kuririn by name in Resurrection F, I doubt that’s the case.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:10 am

Kataphrut wrote:Watched the latest episode and yes, that is Christopher Ayres in the credits! If he can keep it up, we are in for a very, very good time this arc.

I Agree so Much, Caulifla's Voice Actress is just hitting it on part so well and just keeps getting better with each line, you can tell it sounds like she is having a good time with this Role and I Love it! :thumbup:

Also the Moment when Caulifla is powering up and that Jazz-Saxophone comes on combined with the New English Dub and the dub making the music sound more clear and dynamic is Now a Favorite Moment for Me in DB, Gave Me Goosebumps, Just Pure Greatness right their, Pure Sassy Cool for Caulifla! :D
My #1 in DB!

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:10 am

Seems UK is getting a different cover art for set 6. A character form we see for a whole 5 seconds. Image
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:02 pm

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:Seems UK is getting a different cover art for set 6. A character form we see for a whole 5 seconds. Image
Vegetto appears for much longer than “a whole five seconds”

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:19 pm

shadowmaria wrote:
NintendoBlaze53 wrote:Seems UK is getting a different cover art for set 6. A character form we see for a whole 5 seconds. Image
Vegetto appears for much longer than “a whole five seconds”
Base Vegito did

TheMajinRedComet
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheMajinRedComet » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:48 pm

I'm guessing that the next set will have Gohan on it. If you look on amazon video they devide the show into the same episodes as the sets and on the current dub episodes it has picture of full power Gohan formated the same as the blu ray covers.
Hiei: "So tell me - what's it like living in a constant haze of Stupidity?"
Hiei: "I know as much about games as I do puppies and huggs....Wake me up for the end of world"
Welcome to Super Vegeta's Big Bang Attack.... Welcome to Oblivion!!!
Remember "When things get weird, skip the last saga"-Chris Sabat

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:46 am

TheMajinRedComet wrote:I'm guessing that the next set will have Gohan on it. If you look on amazon video they devide the show into the same episodes as the sets and on the current dub episodes it has picture of full power Gohan formated the same as the blu ray covers.
Same on the Microsoft Store.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

AzuraRacon
Beyond Newbie

Post by AzuraRacon » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:45 am

The "Hercule" banner I pointed out a while back from the ending in the broadcast is "Satan" again on the Part 6 bluray

Such an odd change

Maybe it really was some kind of subtle joke from Funimation

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:25 pm

AzuraRacon wrote:The "Hercule" banner I pointed out a while back from the ending in the broadcast is "Satan" again on the Part 6 bluray

Such an odd change

Or maybe it was for the TV version. Even though they broadcast on Adult Swim, they may not wanna have it written on anything. It's stupid, I know, but what other excuse do we have?
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

AzuraRacon
Beyond Newbie

Post by AzuraRacon » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:50 pm

Scsigs wrote:
AzuraRacon wrote:The "Hercule" banner I pointed out a while back from the ending in the broadcast is "Satan" again on the Part 6 bluray

Such an odd change

Or maybe it was for the TV version. Even though they broadcast on Adult Swim, they may not wanna have it written on anything. It's stupid, I know, but what other excuse do we have?
That would be my first thought but for the life of me I can't think of a single other thing changed
I'm pretty sure there are on-screen instances of "Satan" that aren't changed

I could be wrong about that but if it's the case, that means the only difference between the two masters would be the single panel in the one (two?) ending(s)

Not only do I find that hard to justify, but I also have a hard time thinking Funimation wouldn't have mixed something up at one point or another with how minute the change is

Unless Toei was just SUPER insistent on which tape was used for which and making the edits themselves after how Kai's editing was handled on Nicktoons which I wouldn't be surprised by

Streaming and digital got this earlier right?
Which version did they have?