How come we haven't seen any new moves in Super?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

How come we haven't seen any new moves in Super?

Post by gofishus » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:35 am

All we've seen are the old moves featured in Z, and even worse, a lot of unique movies like Trunk's burning attack, are substituted for copies of Vegeta's attack! Where's all the new moves? Have none of the fighters learned anything new? In Z, we saw great moves like Masenko, Super ghost kamikaze, Solar Flare, Tri-beam, Destructo Disc, Special beam cannon etc now that all of those fighters are irrelevant now, I would hope that new fighters would be introduced or old fighters would learn new moves. Nope none of that so far. We get the same old boring moves and no new fighters introduced. Even in the DB non-cannon we saw great moves like Dragon Fist etc

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Re: How come we haven't seen any new moves in Super?

Post by DBZ Macky » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:54 am

I think it's much better to improve older techniques and implement them in creative ways rather than create new ones.
I really liked how they bought the Kaio-Ken back and used it with Super Saiyan Blue.
And bringing back the Mafuba certainly was interesting.
And we ARE seeing new techniques like the Tokitobashi so it's all well and good.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:22 pm

They brought Kaio-Ken and Mafuba out of the closet, introduced cheating techniques that poison you, and not to forget the bloody Time-Leap. We got hints from Whis that Ki should not leak, and that every body-part should make independent decisions for even more faster movements.

We got Hakai, a gods way of high five. We got ki-blades. We got space rips from Black, which even he didnt know shit about. Remember the ultrahigh-density energy balls that were a side effect of Goku-Beerus fight?

Soon we'll even see "white barriers", whatever they may be.

I really dont see much space to complain, although i do miss Taiyoken as it had a special use.
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:10 pm

Pluto wrote:They brought Kaio-Ken and Mafuba out of the closet, introduced cheating techniques that poison you, and not to forget the bloody Time-Leap. We got hints from Whis that Ki should not leak, and that every body-part should make independent decisions for even more faster movements.

We got Hakai, a gods way of high five. We got ki-blades. We got space rips from Black, which even he didnt know shit about. Remember the ultrahigh-density energy balls that were a side effect of Goku-Beerus fight?

I really dont see much space to complain, although i do miss Taiyoken as it had a special use.
None of those were from existing characters though, I'm talking about new moves from Goku/Vegeta/Trunks, or having a new Z Fighter join the team. Would be awesome if Cabba or Hit joins the team, but I dont think they will...

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:32 pm

gofishus wrote:
Pluto wrote:They brought Kaio-Ken and Mafuba out of the closet, introduced cheating techniques that poison you, and not to forget the bloody Time-Leap. We got hints from Whis that Ki should not leak, and that every body-part should make independent decisions for even more faster movements.

None of those were from existing characters though, I'm talking about new moves from Goku/Vegeta/Trunks, or having a new Z Fighter join the team. Would be awesome if Cabba or Hit joins the team, but I dont think they will...
Well.. thanks for telling me I'm liking non existent characters :shock: I wonder why do I still watch Super :think:

I think that except for Trunks, the moves they use are fine... at least Goku doesn't use the Kamehameha that much anymore so I'm happy :P
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:17 pm

Trunks being able to use Masenko is nothing new, he could already do that in the Gameboy Color game "Legendary Super Warriors". Gohan was his master, so it makes perfect sense, haha :D

Final Flash is another story though, that attack is like a notch above Vegeta's regular beam, the Galick Gun. But hell, Trunks can use both so whatever.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:28 pm

Probably because there's only so many ways to show energy beams being shot at each other that they've done them all already.

But we have Goku Black's Sword/scythe and energy weapons, which are new.

Makai
Beyond Newbie

Post by Makai » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:49 pm

I'm just sick of Trunks using Vegeta's moves instead of using his own that were shown in Z, or could've even made him some new moves. He's never used Galick Gun before, how did he learn it all of a sudden? That beam clash would've been much better if he was using one of his own moves imo.
And Vegeta hasn't used Galick Gun since the beginning of Z, while he's learned better moves like Big Bang Attack, and Final Flash after that. Wish he would use those moves more often, instead or him spamming GG like Goku does with Kamehameha.

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:53 pm

Black Goku had his Ki Blade, then the weird curved explosive blade.Then the clone sycthe.
Merged Zamasu in this episode showed off like 5 new techniques. Then there's beerus Atomic Ki Ball.
Then there's Hit's time leap.

It's not accurate to say that we haven't seen any new techniques. From the Good Saiyans? nope.
:clap:

Marty Kirra
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Marty Kirra » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:00 am

Makai wrote:I'm just sick of Trunks using Vegeta's moves instead of using his own that were shown in Z, or could've even made him some new moves. He's never used Galick Gun before, how did he learn it all of a sudden? That beam clash would've been much better if he was using one of his own moves imo.
And Vegeta hasn't used Galick Gun since the beginning of Z, while he's learned better moves like Big Bang Attack, and Final Flash after that. Wish he would use those moves more often, instead or him spamming GG like Goku does with Kamehameha.
I mean Final Flash had a moment during the U6/U7 tournament, but really I'm okay with him using Galick Gun rather than just the "spam ki blasts at a target and hope it works" that used to be his trademark.

Also, Vegeta taught Trunks the Galick Gun in the eyecatches, funny enough!

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:15 am

Saturnine wrote:Trunks being able to use Masenko is nothing new, he could already do that in the Gameboy Color game "Legendary Super Warriors". Gohan was his master, so it makes perfect sense, haha :D

Final Flash is another story though, that attack is like a notch above Vegeta's regular beam, the Galick Gun. But hell, Trunks can use both so whatever.
Yeah, I have no idea how Trunks suddenly knows all of Vegeta's moves either... Trunks had great unique moves in Z, guess they couldn't bring them back?

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:58 am

Well I'd argue most of his moves were shit, except the one he used to destroy Cell in the future.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:15 pm

There really isn't much left in the Ki based department of attacks that we haven't seen before. The cast will literally have go into the magic and/or technological department if we want to see new moves, and even then, a lot of shit has been done in those are.

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:04 am

Lord Beerus wrote:There really isn't much left in the Ki based department of attacks that we haven't seen before. The cast will literally have go into the magic and/or technological department if we want to see new moves, and even then, a lot of shit has been done in those are.
That's not true. The latest episode had Merged Zamasu creating a giant ki bird that fired lightning ki bolts. I mean thats something new we haven't seen before. But those new moves are always on the new characters... would be cool to see an old character pull off a move like that

Lujin_16
Regular

Post by Lujin_16 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:21 am

Dafuq??? Ki Blade,Hi's Kobayashi,Wall of light etc

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:09 pm

Driller beam. Check.
Controlled beam. Check.
Multibeam. Check.
Boosted beam. Check.
Enrgy used as hand to hand weapon. Check.

What's left is a big truck of energy trampling people.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:28 pm

I think the original posters argument is that they haven't progressed despite training for like a decade. Vegeta spend 3 years in the RoSAT sparring with the most powerful person in the universe besides Beerus and Whis and got literally nothing... Goku learned how to incorporate an obsolete technique which will never be used again so basically he got nothing as well. Trunks has been battling for years and had a whole year in the RoSAT with his dad during the Cell saga and still didn't pick up Vegetas moves. In fact he managed to make his own form and technique aside from Vegeta, whether is was effective is another story.

The point is from what we see Trunks trains in the woods with Vegeta for a little bit and suddenly knows every move he has.. this is why people are writing Super off as fan service/fiction. Trunks had far more time and effort in Z to learn Vegetas moves and he didn't. Goku was in otherworld for a while and comes back with a new form. I think people are looking for some kind of progression from their favorite characters then letting them borrow each other's moves with not reason. It would be like Goku suddenly throwing a destructo disc because he and Krillin are friends and krillin let him punch him that one time. At least when Goku references the solar flare he specifically refers to Tien.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:30 pm

We also had Goku shaping his ki into a dragon while fighting Beerus. I hope they use that against Zamasu.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:57 am

Just for the record, Goku did use a Kienzan. It cut Boo and he didn't make note that Kuririn inspired it.