Was anyone supporting Zamasu

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

bigray
Beyond Newbie

Was anyone supporting Zamasu

Post by bigray » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:57 am

i had a thought that i never considered before...

throughout the show I'm automatically cheering for goku and the good guys to win.

does anyone watch the show and is annoyed when they win? i mean like legitimately hoping Zamasu wins, from the bottom of their heart. i say 'bottom of their heart' because thats how most feel about Goku and other characters when something awesome happens, new transformations, Goku defeating frieza etc.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Was anyone supporting Zamasu

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:22 am

Nah..
I personally don't support anyone from the get go.. seeing their motives make me support them..
And zamasu wants to annihilate all mortals "who make mistakes" and enable godly justice..
Little does he know except for him being born form a fruit he is still the same as mortals in every aspect..

Thus supporting zamasu is definitely something i didn't do..
But I supported freeza , golden freeza to be exact..
That guy wanted his revenge so bad he did something he never and did it with so much dedication he achieved godly levels in 4 months.. that's praise Worthy..

And what do You know.. in the end he did get all he wanted..
He tortured goku to near death, killed vegeta and all of earth..
He even got to enjoy this feeling when our cast was floating in space..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:39 pm

He made a lot of good point, but I in no way was supporting his cause. His approach to the issue was far too radical and extreme.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:43 pm

As a guy who always prefers and roots for the villains I was in his corner since day one. Thats why even though he lost I'm so happy that everything he did has not been undone.

All hail the supreme deity.

bigray
Beyond Newbie

Post by bigray » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:13 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:As a guy who always prefers and roots for the villains I was in his corner since day one. Thats why even though he lost I'm so happy that everything he did has not been undone.

Haha this is the guy I was looking for. Funny to know that people like you exist!

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:25 pm

bigray wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:As a guy who always prefers and roots for the villains I was in his corner since day one. Thats why even though he lost I'm so happy that everything he did has not been undone.

Haha this is the guy I was looking for. Funny to know that people like you exist!
I'm not entirely sure why I'm that way....part of it is that I find them cooler then the heroes. Villains always have the best designs and powers.

Funny thing is I can't really quantify it....Why do I like Zamasu over Goku....Why do I want him to win?

I think Garou from One Punch Man sums up my feelings here.

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:59 am

I've always been a villain fan from the time I was a kid (the earliest example I can remember: Larry Koopa), and Zamasu definitely grabbed my attention right from the start, especially after episode 55 when he started showing signs of turning to the dark side. So in a sense I was rooting for him, even though I was sure he would lose in the end. Supporting a character like him doesn't mean that I would do the same for someone like that in real life; obviously, it wouldn't be good for me if someone decided to wipe out all humans :lol: But in a fictional setting, yeah, I do like seeing tenacious villains carrying out their extremist ideologies, vexing the heroes at every turn. It's a tough voyage being a villain fan, though, since even if they get tons of cool lines and do lots of flashy shit, they're pretty much guaranteed to wind up dead in the end :( But Zamasu went down kicking and screaming, requiring the destruction of an entire timeline to get rid of him, so I guess I'm proud of him for causing such an extreme outcome.
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

MaxZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MaxZ » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:52 am

Zamasu kinda did win, in the end

he got his wish, all mortals were extinguished in the future timeline

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:55 am

MaxZ wrote:Zamasu kinda did win, in the end

he got his wish, all mortals were extinguished in the future timeline
Wasn't his scope the multiverse with its timelines, not just one multiverse?
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:57 am

Helios518 wrote: Wasn't his scope the multiverse with its timelines, not just one multiverse?
That seemed more like a thing of the final episode when the fusion already existed and also ascended to a new state of existence, not the ultimate goal from the very beginning.

And no, I am not supporting Zamasu. That does not mean I do think people should not have learned anything from him.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Avery
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Avery » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am

Lord Frieza wrote: I think Garou from One Punch Man sums up my feelings here.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Now that you mention it, Zamasu is indeed similar to Garou:
[spoiler]Both of them were martial art prodigies that betrayed their old masters. Zamasu holds a grudge against mortals while Garou holds a grudge against heroes. Both believe what they are doing is "justice" and rant about said justice and ideals while the main character responds with "uhh...the hell is this guy talking about?". They have many other things in common but Garou is definitely more of a parody.[/spoiler]
An angry Final Fantasy fan wrote: And after all the outrage, when I'm ready, I'll go out on to GameStop and buy a Persona 5 copy. And when my mother finds me investing my precious time trying to bond with this hot anime girl, I'll look straight into her eyes and say "but have you looked at the menu screen? have you actually seen the menu screen? In that very moment, she knows. She fucking knows. As she handles me the nugget pieces she previously cooked for me, she leaves my room with these words: "Persona 5 is the true savior of the JRPG".
VegettoEX wrote: In a blunt nutshell, no-one wants to read bullshit. Don't post bullshit. Be a cool person that posts cool things that other people would actually want to read. Don't be Zamasu from episode 63 talking to himself.