Will Tien and Yamcha stay single?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Re: Will Tien and Yamcha stay single?

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:27 pm

floofychan333 wrote:Tenshinhan is asexual and also no longer important. Additionally it would be way too weird to bring back Lunch after all these years, so Tenshinhan will stay single.

Yamcha would like to get married but since he's the most hated character in the whole franchise (even hated by Toriyama) then he'll never get married.
I'm pretty sure characters like Mr. Satan and Pan are more hated. Last I checked Yamcha isn't really hated just not taken seriously by fans.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:18 am

If anyone seriously thinks Yamcha is hated, people need to stop relying on internet meme's created by casual fans who barely know the franchise.

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:23 am

The only people who hate him are the super crazy Vegeta/Bulma shippers, who decide he's an abusive drunk cheating misogynist.
Trunks & Goten forever

mabalia
Beyond Newbie

Post by mabalia » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:12 am

Lunch move on from Tien to Yamcha. Problem solved.
I can see Yamcha and Launch together, they have chemistry. They were/are bandits, their past romantic relationship failed and can understand each other better.
Tien is aromantic, simply not interested in romantic relationships.
I'd like the serie to give them a chance.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:02 pm

Tien has Lunch.

Yamcha didn't like girls, I think.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:14 pm

DragonBallFoodie wrote:Yamcha didn't like girls, I think.
He was afraid of interacting with them when we first met him, but it's not like he didn't like them. He actually stated that it's his dream to one day get married.

Brettjr25
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brettjr25 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:47 pm

keyz05 wrote:I mean, will they? I believe that they are in their mid-30s and still not married. Poor guys.

Excuse me!? I'm in my mid 30s and not married (and very good looking). Marriage and kids isn't everyones ultimate goal, some people pursue it just cause they think thats what the norm should be which is why theres so many men and women who cheat and end up divorced and stay single with..ahem close friends the remainder of their lives. Hell I believe the underlying story in db/z was about toriyama thinking freedom was a marriageless existence, I was going to write an essay on it but got too lazy.

Anyway, as for the direct subject and not the offense. Tien probaby is a no as he finds joy in the pursuit of his martial arts for himself. Not for power or fame but for thr pure love of it which is why he continues even though he cant compete against modern villains.

Yamcha probaby wont settle as hes shown childless at the end of z but looks pretty dashing, so he probaby gets around. He was a baseball player and owner of hotrods, Yamcha knows what hes pursuing.

Jaetinh
Regular

Post by Jaetinh » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:28 pm

Multiple times during the first 20 or so chapters of Dragon Ball (yeah, I just started rereading Dragon Ball), Yamcha's stated that his dream was to get married one day.

He's the second most handsome Z-Warrior, he's one of the strongest Earthlings, he could easily become rich (seing how strong he is, he'd be great in any sport) and he's got a lot of experience with love.. Surely there must be one woman out there for him. :lol:

I hope he's married, even though we don't know anything about Yamcha's private life.

He's going to have some focus in the baseball episode, maybe he's going to have a line that hints he has a wife/girlfriend or something. :P

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:42 pm

Yamcha is 45 years old and still has no family.

Smilodon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smilodon » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:59 pm

Yamcha can be with Vados.... In next episode they could fall in love with each other.... It would be awesome
Vados Sama!

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:18 pm

TFS played Tien-Chaozu and Yamcha-Puar relations quite well in their rendition of the "pendulum room" training arc. Funny stuff.

Seriously though, Tien is chaste and doesn't care for romance at all, while Yamcha's probably fucking around or just seeing people casually or something.

I do remember reading somewhere that Tien did agree to be with Lunch after all. DB Wiki says it was the 2004 Kanzenban "Dragonball Forever" that said this.

LittleNeko23

Post by LittleNeko23 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:59 pm

Yamcha mentioned getting a girlfriend a gift from the Dragon after the wish to get rid of the android's bomb.

This was english dubbed so I don't know how canon that mystery woman is but who knows maybe he is with her still and Toriyama never showed us like Android 17.

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:17 am

Tien is asexual as fuck. Launch supposedly left him because he didn't really give a shit about her and only cared about his training or something like that.

Yamcha not being married yet is just depressing really, since he's stated getting married was his dream. Bulma and Yamcha used to be my favorite ship. Too bad the bitch left him for the dude who had him killed. :problem:

On a slightly related note, I still want to see the family that 17 is said to have.
Smilodon wrote:Yamcha can be with Vados.... In next episode they could fall in love with each other.... It would be awesome
Not gonna lie, if this was a thing, it'd be my new favorite ship EVER! XD

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:28 am

mabalia wrote:Lunch move on from Tien to Yamcha. Problem solved.
I can see Yamcha and Launch together, they have chemistry. They were/are bandits, their past romantic relationship failed and can understand each other better.
See, that's why I would have loved to see Yamcha with Mai. Both of them lived outside the law, shared history together...

(As a happy bonus it would mean nothing in the way of Trunks and his true soulmate, Goten... :wink: )
Trunks & Goten forever

mabalia
Beyond Newbie

Post by mabalia » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:51 am

Thanos6 wrote:
See, that's why I would have loved to see Yamcha with Mai. Both of them lived outside the law, shared history together...

(As a happy bonus it would mean nothing in the way of Trunks and his true soulmate, Goten... :wink: )
I like the Yamcha/Mai pairing as well, in canon material she even finds him handsome. But trumai is canon now and I don't think it'll ever change because it seems they were chosen as a couple by Toriyama himself. And apart the age gap between them while Trunks is still a teenager (it's really weird), I can understand a bit why Trunks choosed her. Trunks takes after his mother, who likes bad boys types. Trunks likes the ex villains types as well, and by that logic I can understand trumai.

Trunks and Goten are really cute, but their interactions seems more like siblings to me. Now if Goten turns to the dark side, Mai wouldn't stand a chance with Trunks :wink:
And Launch deserves better than to desire a guy not interested in her. For all her efforts she conquered only Tien's friendship, not what she truly wants. It's reasonable for her to move on.
Seriously I can see Launch and Yamcha in a relationship. Fanfiction alert ahead: one day she stole a bank in the city where Yamcha lives, policemen were searching for her everywhere, Yamcha saw the commotion and found Launch first. He hides her in his home for a few days. They get close, she instigates his adventorous side and they end up travelling a bit, stealing here and there. Both sides of Launch is what Yamcha comes to admire in woman, he falls for her first, but she still resists to let go of her feelings for Tien. By the end of their travel she doesn't want Yamcha to walk away from her life, she decides to give him a chance and they end up together. :thumbup:

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:53 pm

This is actually a pretty great ship too.

KaioshinRealm

Post by KaioshinRealm » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:08 pm

Maby they are married, but they are too irrelevant for us to know lol

Zeru14
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeru14 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:13 pm

Shame, that Toriyama never cared enough about Yamcha, to give him the married with children dream, he wanted, reduced to a joke and cast aside, he had the same desire as Krillin, but Krillin is the only one who succeeded(if only because of a time split caused by Future Trunks, 18 originally killed him).

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:18 pm

Zeru14 wrote:Shame, that Toriyama never cared enough about Yamcha, to give him the married with children dream, he wanted, reduced to a joke and cast aside, he had the same desire as Krillin, but Krillin is the only one who succeeded(if only because of a time split caused by Future Trunks, 18 originally killed him).
Yeah, Yamcha is so sad he's crying every time we see him, right? Uh no.

Yamcha is always shown happy and content in all his appearances. He's not going around moping that he doesn't have a family.

Esfír Dedragón
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Esfír Dedragón » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:46 pm

Heck, no.

They already screwed over both Future and Present Trunks over this issue. With the exception of Vegeta and Bulma, neither Toei or Toriyama can be trusted to write romance. They should leave them alone as decent bachelors.

At least, that's the way I see it.
DRAGON BALL IS THE KING OF (Fighting) ANIME!!!!!!! In my opinion, at least... :think:

My reaction to anything about Dragon Ball post-2013 that I don't like and/or is stupid. :P
https://coub.com/view/6osx6