Will Tien and Yamcha stay single?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zeru14
Beyond Newbie

Re: Will Tien and Yamcha stay single?

Post by Zeru14 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:04 am

Well according to Toriyama, Launch still visits Tien from time to time, and implies her years of persistence and being loyal to her feelings might pay off(ala Sakura from Naruto). As for Yamcha, according to Toriyama, he is still hapless around women except for Bulma, who was the first one he could be comfortable with, but for an interesting story how about it gets revealed that he is interested in Tights and she him, imagine Bulma's reaction to that, probably to similar to Donna's from the Cleveland Show, when she found out her ex-husband and mother were dating.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:12 am

precita wrote:
Zeru14 wrote:Shame, that Toriyama never cared enough about Yamcha, to give him the married with children dream, he wanted, reduced to a joke and cast aside, he had the same desire as Krillin, but Krillin is the only one who succeeded(if only because of a time split caused by Future Trunks, 18 originally killed him).
Yeah, Yamcha is so sad he's crying every time we see him, right? Uh no.

Yamcha is always shown happy and content in all his appearances. He's not going around moping that he doesn't have a family.
Uh, yeah because he's not an edgy emo teenager. That doesn't necessarily mean he's content with his life.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:18 am

TekTheNinja wrote: Uh, yeah because he's not an edgy emo teenager. That doesn't necessarily mean he's content with his life.
On the other hand

The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:42 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote: Uh, yeah because he's not an edgy emo teenager. That doesn't necessarily mean he's content with his life.
On the other hand

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFVvuq67ST0

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:45 am

mabalia wrote:
Thanos6 wrote:
mabalia wrote:Lunch move on from Tien to Yamcha. Problem solved.
I can see Yamcha and Launch together, they have chemistry. They were/are bandits, their past romantic relationship failed and can understand each other better.
Tien is aromantic, simply not interested in romantic relationships.
I'd like the serie to give them a chance.
See, that's why I would have loved to see Yamcha with Mai. Both of them lived outside the law, shared history together...

(As a happy bonus it would mean nothing in the way of Trunks and his true soulmate, Goten... :wink: )
I like the Yamcha/Mai pairing as well, in canon material she even finds him handsome. But trumai is canon now and I don't think it'll ever change because it seems they were chosen as a couple by Toriyama himself.
Yeah, I acknowledge that Trunks/Goten has a slim-to-none chance of actually being depicted in official material. Fortunately, I take a very loose view of canon to begin with; I don't accept anything post-Z, neither GT nor Super, so whenever the subject of Mai comes up I can basically go "LA LA LA LA NOT LISTENING!" and drift off into happy thoughts of my yaoi OTP. :)
Trunks & Goten forever

mabalia
Beyond Newbie

Post by mabalia » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:23 am

Thanos6 wrote:
mabalia wrote:
Thanos6 wrote:
See, that's why I would have loved to see Yamcha with Mai. Both of them lived outside the law, shared history together...

(As a happy bonus it would mean nothing in the way of Trunks and his true soulmate, Goten... :wink: )
I like the Yamcha/Mai pairing as well, in canon material she even finds him handsome. But trumai is canon now and I don't think it'll ever change because it seems they were chosen as a couple by Toriyama himself.
Yeah, I acknowledge that Trunks/Goten has a slim-to-none chance of actually being depicted in official material. Fortunately, I take a very loose view of canon to begin with; I don't accept anything post-Z, neither GT nor Super, so whenever the subject of Mai comes up I can basically go "LA LA LA LA NOT LISTENING!" and drift off into happy thoughts of my yaoi OTP. :)
Good for you! Enjoy what you enjoy, fanon can be way more interesting than canon anyway. :thumbup:

mabalia
Beyond Newbie

Post by mabalia » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:28 am

Zeru14 wrote:Well according to Toriyama, Launch still visits Tien from time to time, and implies her years of persistence and being loyal to her feelings might pay off(ala Sakura from Naruto). As for Yamcha, according to Toriyama, he is still hapless around women except for Bulma, who was the first one he could be comfortable with, but for an interesting story how about it gets revealed that he is interested in Tights and she him, imagine Bulma's reaction to that, probably to similar to Donna's from the Cleveland Show, when she found out her ex-husband and mother were dating.
I didn't get the impression things worked for them. Launch doesn't live with them, she visits them from time to time. If she doesn't come to visit, Tien wouldn't bother looking for her.
Launch is the most friendzoned character I've ever seen.

People usually feel sorry for Yamcha but he's fine, he still didn't reach his dreams of getting married but he's not suffering over it , he's over Bulma by now and is legitimately her friend. He could be trying some dates once he gets comfortable enough with a woman to try. But for his kind of character he'd be happy being married, it's his dream.
Tien likes being single and it isn't fair he begins a relationship just because Launch wants to. He'd never do this anyway. And her lifestyle doesn' match with his too.
If Launch could move on I really think he'd be happy for her.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:25 pm

Tenshinhan doesn't give a shit about romance, but Toriyama stated Lunch is always visiting him on his farm and is friendzoned as hell.

Yamcha seems to have surpassed his fear about girls (Since he is not 16 anymore and cheated on Bulma). He's "hot" and a baseball player, he sould be famous. I think he's a womanizer ala Joey Tribianni or Barney Stinson.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!