Is SSJB an "Incomplete" form?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeztin
I Live Here

Is SSJB an "Incomplete" form?

Post by Xeztin » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:52 am

Does anyone else feel like Super Saiyan Blue is a form that is unmastered or incomplete? (Imperfect, what have you) I get the feeling with the little information we've received about this form that it isn't the "true" form. First Whis drops the line that they've only scratched the surface with God Ki and Goku speaks about it in RoF as if it's something that he and Vegeta are testing like he did with SSJBKK in U6 saga. Goku also speaks about the form as if he himself doesn't fully understand it yet. I know that the real reason we haven't been given any info on it is probably because there never was any from Toriyama or Toei other than it being there for a cash cow. However that doesn't mean they can't build on its nature or information later in the series. It being just a recolor of the normal SSJ would be a good reason to call it incomplete too I suppose. I'm looking for them to obtain a new form in the upcoming arc. What do you guys think?

sintzu
Banned

Re: Is SSJB an "Incomplete" form?

Post by sintzu » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:00 am

I actually think it's a complete form of SsjG, when a Saiyan needs the power of others to reach SsjG then the hair is red and it's temporary while if he trains and controls his Ki, It's Blue and he can use it any time for any length.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Bulma's Foot Masseur
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bulma's Foot Masseur » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:33 am

Before anyone suggests Super Saiyan Red is the true God form, it's made abundantly clear for some reason that the energy of the ritual is blue (even when Goku tapped back into SSJG at the end of BoG), suggesting it's the true color of God ki and not just some arbitrary color used for another form.

It's the whole reason I gave Super Saiyan Blue a free pass to begin with, because even if not intentional it did have an inkling of foreshadowing.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:49 am

I can't say I share your feelings or agree with classifying it as "incomplete". With Super Saiyan being mastered by Goku & Vegeta already and Super Saiyan Blue being nothing more than Super Saiyan with the power of Super Saiyan God, it's already "mastered". The "test" you're referring to is, in all likelihood, using Super Saiyan Blue in combat. Goku understands his transformation well enough. I believe you're referring to his claim over Freeza being confused by its specifics, hence simplifying the explanation. By all means, its intended purpose was fulfilled.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:51 am

When mastered, They get their bodies turned godly too, like SSG did to goku..

The godly bodies heal from any injuries, even life threatening ones, it's an ever increasing power form, like SSG kept on increasing it's power the longer they fought with it, that's the tie form of Saiyans getting stronger the more they fight.
The only issue of the form is it's extremely painful to transform because their while body transforms with it..
Goku had this extremely painful on the body transformation to SSG , so it's a thing..

At least this is what I want to be the case
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:17 pm

Standard SuperSayan evolved thru time, and Trunks "masterized" SS2.
So far, Blue wasn't so epic or definitive at all, and Goku it's training with that God Ki mess.
So, maybe, we'll see something like a Perfect SSGod, when Goku finally master God Ki. That will also help to clarify a lotta messed things, that Red and Blue and stamina and power stuff it's far to me to be understandable at full.
So yes, it "feel" incomplete.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

MKJ

Post by MKJ » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:05 pm

This is part of what I was thinking in my post in the "we will inevitably get a new form"thread. I doubt we are done with god ki journey yet. I believe that there is still mastery to be achieved. Hopefully the next level (final level I hope) will bring everything together as far as the blue and red forms are concerned. I do think there is a reason that the red form had the thinner more refined body. It seems as if both forms are incomplete in different ways.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:23 pm

No. I don't think there's any place to go even if mastering the power of Super Saiyan God is possible. The only thing that can be done is transforming into Super Saiyan 2... Then you'll have Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 2. Other than that, what else can it be done with Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:10 am

MKJ wrote:I do think there is a reason that the red form had the thinner more refined body. It seems as if both forms are incomplete in different ways.
In-universe, as supported by Toriyama's character designs, Super Saiyan Blue is intended to grant its user a slim figure, too. This isn't a case of his art style changing either, if you consider Goku appearing normal outside of his transformation.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:45 am

Yeah it is, and I've got a leaked image of the next form;

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

MKJ

Post by MKJ » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:48 am

Nejishiki wrote:
MKJ wrote:I do think there is a reason that the red form had the thinner more refined body. It seems as if both forms are incomplete in different ways.
In-universe, as supported by Toriyama's character designs, Super Saiyan Blue is intended to grant its user a slim figure, too. This isn't a case of his art style changing either, if you consider Goku appearing normal outside of his transformation.
Is this a case of Toei not following his style since SSB does not have that body in the anime? It would look so much better that way in my opinion and would change the way I look at blue to a certain degree.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:55 am

MKJ wrote:
Nejishiki wrote:
Is this a case of Toei not following his style since SSB does not have that body in the anime? It would look so much better that way in my opinion and would change the way I look at blue to a certain degree.
I am familiar with those designs but I don't get one thing, why don't they follow them? SSG thinner look was so much more better
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

MKJ

Post by MKJ » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:36 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
MKJ wrote:
Nejishiki wrote:In-universe, as supported by Toriyama's character designs, Super Saiyan Blue is intended to grant its user a slim figure, too. This isn't a case of his art style changing either, if you consider Goku appearing normal outside of his transformation.
I am familiar with those designs but I don't get one thing, why don't they follow them? SSG thinner look was so much more better
I totally agree with you. I mentioned that it would change the way I look at blue to a certain degree. I should have said completely change the way I look at blue.

DasMuse
Beyond Newbie

Post by DasMuse » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:32 pm

I was under the impression that the use of God Ki is something achievable outside of the ritual, but it needs time and a lot of training to reach full potential without it. Which (to me) explained why Vegeta was able to achieve SS blue without the ritual beforehand. (Unless he did go through it and we didn't see it in the anime, in which case I had no idea)

With that in mind, I'm not calling SS God the true/full potential God form, because I don't even think it lasted long enough for Goku to be able to use it at full potential or even fully understand its capabilities. But I do believe that the form was utilizing only god ki for that short time he had red hair... I also recall it being mentioned either in the anime or R:F movie that SS blue is their way to tap into the power of a Super Saiyan God. (I'm fairly sure someone will tell me that was a mistranslation) In that context it affirmed to me that SS blue while essentially more powerful than Goku was in SS god form, is still not the full use of god ki because they haven't gotten to that point yet, also because the god ki enhances personal strength rather than completely re-defining it and Goku had gotten a lot stronger since the ritual and his battle with Beerus.
I was told that this theory was all wrong by multiple people so I stopped bringing it up until now, and I'm sure people will tell me that on here too... But until a little more explaining is done in the show, it's really too ambiguous to explain with 100% certainty.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:18 pm

Nejishiki wrote:
That's just Toriyama's current art style. If Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan was meant to thin like Super Saiyan God, it would be since Toriyama was insisted that Super Saiyan God was thin for BOG despite all attempts to bulk him up.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:22 pm

Xeztin wrote:Does anyone else feel like Super Saiyan Blue is a form that is unmastered or incomplete? (Imperfect, what have you) I get the feeling with the little information we've received about this form that it isn't the "true" form.
The lore from the RoF Arc seemed to imply the exact opposite, that SSB came as a result of absolute mastery of God Ki.
Retired.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:01 pm

It' lacking the allmighty RAGE to get Ikari... Only Trunks is able to master it perfectly

Dai-Saiyajin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai-Saiyajin » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:37 pm

Xeztin wrote:Does anyone else feel like Super Saiyan Blue is a form that is unmastered or incomplete? (Imperfect, what have you) I get the feeling with the little information we've received about this form that it isn't the "true" form. First Whis drops the line that they've only scratched the surface with God Ki and Goku speaks about it in RoF as if it's something that he and Vegeta are testing like he did with SSJBKK in U6 saga. Goku also speaks about the form as if he himself doesn't fully understand it yet. I know that the real reason we haven't been given any info on it is probably because there never was any from Toriyama or Toei other than it being there for a cash cow. However that doesn't mean they can't build on its nature or information later in the series. It being just a recolor of the normal SSJ would be a good reason to call it incomplete too I suppose. I'm looking for them to obtain a new form in the upcoming arc. What do you guys think?
I think that the Super Saiyan Blue needs to be trained in the same way that Goku did in the Cell saga, making it look like his base form and be able to use the full power of this transformation more easily. By the way, I think that the Red form is the Base+godly ki, and the Blue is Super Saiyan+godly ki.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:28 pm

Well, they never suggest the form needs adjustments, so I assume it's as complete as it can be. It seems to be the level beyond Super Saiyan God, like Super Saiyan is to the regular Saiyan.

By the way, Trunks has an exclusive form, but its relationship with godly power is unclear. As far as we know it's the personification of the power of rage.

Perhaps Super Saiyan Blue can be powered up by rage as Goku did.