"Dragon Ball Super" Official English Dub Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

"Dragon Ball Super" Official English Dub Discussion Thread

Post by Black_Liger » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:45 pm

Now that the english dub is out on toonami , I thought it would be nice to make this thread and talk about what's good or not good from the dub and how it compares to the japanese version.

While I won't be following it religiously since I will watch the japanese version instead, I did check up some parts of the first episode in english, so far, it seems the hideous voice acting days from the days of Linda Young are long gone, every voice actor is totally nailing it, some people say Trunk's voice actor change, I really can't say because he sounds the same, his voice and acting sounds much better than before imho.

About the script, it seems it's pretty faithful towards the japanese version, gotta love Whis' and Beerus' manner of speech tho! Much better than the japanese version (Again, In my humble opinion)
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official English Dub Discussion Thread

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:10 am

There's already a thread for this

The gr
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official English Dub Discussion Thread

Post by The gr » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:38 pm

There already a thread for that here the link viewtopic.php?f=25&t=35978 I'l guarantee that this thread is going to be locked
Mostly active on discord.