Your thoughts on the new opening song.

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TKA
Advanced Regular

Re: Your thoughts on the new opening song.

Post by TKA » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:42 am

I hate it. I much prefer Chouzetsu Dynamic.
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:12 am

It's in my top 3 behind Makafushigi Adventure and Dan Dan. It beats out both Z openings and Chouzetsu Dynamic. I personally don't like any of the Kai openings. I would rank them like this:

1. Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku
2. Makafushigi Adventure
3. Limit Break x Survivor
4. Cha La Head Cha La
5. We Gotta Power
6. Chouzetsu Dynamic
7. Dragon Soul
8. Kuu Zen Zetsu Go(?)
9. Fight it Out
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

SSJ YUSUKE
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ YUSUKE » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:18 am

Usually when I watch something the opening theme can grow on me to the point where I might like an opening song which I initially did not like. Chouzetsu Dynamic is the first time I heard something that I initially liked but over time grew to dislike.The song has no energy, which is not something that you expect from a series like dragon ball which is high energy and full of action, this new theme suites the series much better and it's probably tied for 2nd with We Gotta Power for me.
Interestingly my favorite opening is GT's, which isn't up tempo but it makes up for it by being a really beautiful song.

MozillaVulpix
Regular

Post by MozillaVulpix » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:28 am

It definitely reminds me a lot of We Gotta Power. And even though I like Cha-La-Head-Cha-La more as a Z OP, I like Limit Break X Survivor SO much more than Chozetsu Dynamic, it's not even funny. Chozetsu Dynamic doesn't remind me of anything about Dragon Ball. And the visuals there are such a confusing mess it's hard to tell what it's even trying to be. (I mean, we had Super Saiyan Goten and Ultimate Gohan even though neither of them even use those forms once in the series after Battle of Gods. Not to mention that confused middle section where characters just show up and leave the screen like they forgot to come up with a good place to put them.)

Plus, it actually uses the words 'Dragon Ball Super' in the lyrics! Perhaps that's why it reminds me of We Gotta Power.
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:35 am

-DRAGON BALL LITERAL SONG
Lyrics: CronoTwigger, Sing: a random japanese guy.

That's the logo everyone know
Slowly zooming as music go

Caught a blink ball
they all have one

Look the lights in front of my house
My friend gym it's gloomy and dark

While kids dancing
do some engrish

Goku's better now
while Vegeta frown

panoramics
but namekian
hide his face
(blinking eyes)

Two strange blocks unite
Look that boy of mine

march in line
the old man's fine
she's broooooooly

C'mon beat up some turquoise wolf!
And get some beam from Jigglypuff!

again again (whoo!)
people that change
from yellow you can become blue!

Let's face again that Marvel guy
with flashing beams of red and light

Goku in flame (whoo!)
but there's no shame
he cut the fire and punch the guy

Another rumble
one backflip
then
let's go selfie near that roulette wheel.

(if someone can sing, It could be nice to do it)
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:47 am

Reading the lyrics of this song makes me realize the opening itself might be "spoling" something.
Phrases such as "Even the gods are blown away" and the breaking limits theme is really strong. Maybe it won't have any meaning, but I feel like Goku might just surpass everyone this arc, maybe with that new transformation hinted in the opening?
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:08 pm

emperior wrote:Reading the lyrics of this song makes me realize the opening itself might be "spoling" something.
Phrases such as "Even the gods are blown away" and the breaking limits theme is really strong. Maybe it won't have any meaning, but I feel like Goku might just surpass everyone this arc, maybe with that new transformation hinted in the opening?
There is the line saying "lets go to the next world" and the next world bit could be interpreted as them dying. This line is said while showing Krillin, Andorid 17, Andorid 18, Tien, Roshi, Cabba, Frost and Female Broly, which could mean they die in the tournament if some people to die. I don't think Toriyama will kill anyone though.This could also be why Gohan, Piccolo and Buu were not shown as they survive.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:11 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
emperior wrote:Reading the lyrics of this song makes me realize the opening itself might be "spoling" something.
There is the line saying "lets go to the next world" and the next world bit could be interpreted as them dying. This line is said while showing Krillin, Andorid 17, Andorid 18, Tien, Roshi, Cabba, Frost and Female Broly, which could mean they die in the tournament if some people to die. I don't think Toriyama will kill anyone though.This could also be why Gohan, Piccolo and Buu were not shown as they survive.
Hey, they wouldn't show goku being an ass to berrus if he wasn't gonna surpass him in this arc..
I say it's foreshadowing for that..
Also namekiansaiyan, yeah your logic might be right why they weren't shown that much
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:22 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Are you aware that singers and songwriters get some glimpse of the show, but not any hint at all of what exactly is that thing?
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:25 pm

It's definitely better than Chouzetsu Dynamic. But I wouldn't put it up there with the real greats like Dan Dan, Dragon Soul, Cha La, We Gotta Power, Makafushigi Adventure, etc. It's good though.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:25 pm

ChronoTwigger wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Are you aware that singers and songwriters get some glimpse of the show, but not any hint at all of what exactly is that thing?
But the people who make the visuals probably do and remember the song and visuals are dedicated to the arc.
I don't believe what I said will happen in the arc.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:20 pm

Opening/ending songs rarely have much to do with the direct plot. Same can be said for the visuals, which are there to look cool.

Vegard Aune
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Vegard Aune » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:29 pm

ChronoTwigger wrote:-DRAGON BALL LITERAL SONG

Ask, and ye shall receive.
What can I say, the lyrics got a laugh out of me and since you were asking if someone could sing it anyway... And yeah, I know I mispronounced some stuff.

Rising Phoenix

Post by Rising Phoenix » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:56 pm

The new opening is awesome :clap: :clap:
It's full of energy and it gets me hyped for the tournament. It's definitely one best Dragon Ball openings.
The only complaint I have is that the song is too short :cry:
Forgive me for my bad English, it's not my main language.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:56 pm

Vegard Aune wrote:
ChronoTwigger wrote:-DRAGON BALL LITERAL SONG

Ask, and ye shall receive.
What can I say, the lyrics got a laugh out of me and since you were asking if someone could sing it anyway... And yeah, I know I mispronounced some stuff.
You're my TOTAL HERO!!!!

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Limit Break Survivor: An epic high energy song that keeps ramping up
Chozenshu Dynamic: What sounds like an old folks home song with half assed energy.

Not really much of a competition. New intro and animation blow the crap out of the old one which was probably the worst intro song I think....outside of the dub intro's of old.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Majin Jator
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Jator » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:30 pm

Vegard Aune wrote: Ask, and ye shall receive.

You have done God's work, sir.

gohan_black
Beyond Newbie

Post by gohan_black » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:49 pm

amazing opening love it

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:52 pm

Super can truly, and I mean well and truly fuck right off if Goku ever gets past Whis, much less Zeno or the Grand Priest. He has no business ever getting to their level.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:55 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Super can truly, and I mean well and truly fuck right off if Goku ever gets past Whis, much less Zeno or the Grand Priest. He has no business ever getting to their level.
Goku will eventually surpass them. But it won't happen this arc.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical