(NEW FORM) Ultimate Goku?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: (NEW FORM) Ultimate Goku?

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:58 pm

Whatever it is, I hope it is related to Kaio-Ken or a power-up. Enough with the transformations, no need for more. If they want to come up with new forms, give them to the ones who really need to increase their powers.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:15 pm

Grimlock wrote:Whatever it is, I hope it is related to Kaio-Ken or a power-up. Enough with the transformations, no need for more. If they want to come up with new forms, give them to the ones who really need to increase their powers.
I never quite understood why humans weren't given a transformation..
I realize if it's because IRL humans can't transform and Toriyama want's to stay loyal to that, but what about piccolo then? Why is he treated as he is
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:25 pm

Humans can get Kaio-Ken and that'd be just fine. Piccolo can come up with a transformation at anytime. He belongs to the warrior-type of the Namekuseijins, therefore there must be something for them. Dragon Ball Online introduced a form for them, so there's no need to treat him like nothing as it has been lately.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:37 pm

Kaioken has been treated as the technique which not everyone can master, it's extremely hard on the body and only goku could handle it most likely because of the Saiyan body and his skill set making a perfect match for the technique..
Humans did train under king kai, none of them could learn the kaioken, I assume if it was possible for them king kai would have taught them..

It seems too late for them to go king kai again when better teachers are available now..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:41 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Grimlock wrote:Whatever it is, I hope it is related to Kaio-Ken or a power-up. Enough with the transformations, no need for more. If they want to come up with new forms, give them to the ones who really need to increase their powers.
I realize if it's because IRL humans can't transform and Toriyama want's to stay loyal to that, but what about piccolo then? Why is he treated as he is
Namekians got their personal fusion capabilities. The problem is that Toriyama could have very well introduced new Namekians from U6 to fuse with Piccolo but it seems like it won't be the case.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:47 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Namekians don't transform either. Despite what some fans think, very few species in Dragon Ball have transform states. Out of the list the Saiyans who had transformation since the Great Ape, Frieza's race, Zarbon, and Cell who has the cells of two transformed races. Buu cheats by absorbing people that causes his to transformed, but it isn't his natural state.
emperior wrote: Namekians got their personal fusion capabilities. The problem is that Toriyama could have very well introduced new Namekians from U6 to fuse with Piccolo but it seems like it won't be the case.
That would be a waste to introduced new Namekians only to act as fusion fodder for Piccolo. I would like it better if Piccolo was the one absorbed.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:53 pm

HeroR wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Namekians don't transform either. Despite what some fans think, very few species in Dragon Ball have transform states. Out of the list the Saiyans who had transformation since the Great Ape, Frieza's race, Zarbon, and Cell who has the cells of two transformed races. Buu cheats by absorbing people that causes his to transformed, but it isn't his natural state.
Theres nothing stopping them from writing Namekians to have a transformation..
It's not like there is a set of rules saying they can't have one..

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:58 pm

Ki Breaker wrote: Theres nothing stopping them from writing Namekians to have a transformation..
You mean other than we never saw a Namekian transform or even hint they have a transformation outside of stuff like Heroes and Online?
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:03 pm

HeroR wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: Theres nothing stopping them from writing Namekians to have a transformation..
You mean other than we never saw a Namekian transform or even hint they have a transformation outside of stuff like Heroes and Online?
We know very little about namekians..
We were also assuming they were the original creators of Dragonball and it turned out to be false..
It's quite easy to introduce a transformation, the namekian book of legends is a glaring point which can be used for this but there could be other ways as well

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:06 pm

Ki Breaker wrote: We know very little about namekians..
We were also assuming they were the original creators of Dragonball and it turned out to be false..
It's quite easy to introduce a transformation, the namekian book of legends is a glaring point which can be used for this but there could be other ways as well
We know more about the Namekians then we do about the Saiyans. Them not being the original creator of the Dragon Balls doesn't change their overall history and what we know about them. Especially since even if they're not the original Dragon Ball creators, they're still the only know race outside of Zalama who can make the Dragon Balls.

The Namekian Book of Legends was literally one line in the Battle of Gods Saga that wasn't in the movie and was never mentioned again. Not sure why it's even still brought up.
Kanassa wrote:

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:11 pm

HeroR wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: We know very little about namekians..
We know more about the Namekians then we do about the Saiyans. Them not being the original creator of the Dragon Balls doesn't change their overall history and what we know about them. Especially since even if they're not the original Dragon Ball creators, they're still the only know race outside of Zalama who can make the Dragon Balls.

The Namekian Book of Legends was literally one line in the Battle of Gods Saga that wasn't in the movie and was never mentioned again. Not sure why it's even still brought up.
I feel like you are hell bent on missing the point of me explanaling how it's possible for them to be written to have a transformation..
Say piccolo discovers a transformation somehow, what's stopping them form using the very book you threw away from explanaling it and not contradicting anything

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:14 pm

Ki Breaker wrote: I feel like you are hell bent on missing the point of me explanaling how it's possible for them to be written to have a transformation..
Say piccolo discovers a transformation somehow, what's stopping them form using the very book you threw away from explanaling it and not contradicting anything
I am not missing the point. My point is that Namekians outside of some non-canon material, have no history of having transformations and transformations for a species is actually limited in Dragon Ball.

And when has Super made a throwaway line important, especially one that is an anime exclusive statement.
Kanassa wrote:

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:15 pm

HeroR wrote:
And when has Super made a throwaway line important, especially one that is an anime exclusive statement.
What's stopping them form making it important?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:34 pm

There's nothing stopping Namekuseijins from having a transformation. As I said, Toriyama/Toyotaro/Toei can give them a form at anytime without worrying about "there wasn't a hint before" because that means absolutely nothing. Heck, Dragon Ball Online presented us one, so it's entirely possible indeed, regardless what people think if Online is canon or not. They need a transformation, it's a fact by now. The only issue here is whether they will or not give Piccolo a transformation, and here enters my expectations.

~ Day of the Machines ~

SaiyanSoul

Post by SaiyanSoul » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:08 pm

I kind of like the name "Limit Break/Breaker Goku" for the form.
PSN Tag: FalconDeathPunch

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:17 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Because chances are if Piccolo suddenly get a transformation it will be Toriyama's idea and he won't used a line that only appeared in the anime.
Grimlock wrote:There's nothing stopping Namekuseijins from having a transformation. As I said, Toriyama/Toyotaro/Toei can give them a form at anytime without worrying about "there wasn't a hint before" because that means absolutely nothing. Heck, Dragon Ball Online presented us one, so it's entirely possible indeed, regardless what people think if Online is canon or not. They need a transformation, it's a fact by now. The only issue here is whether they will or not give Piccolo a transformation, and here enters my expectations.
Dragon Ball Online isn't canon to the main series, so it really doesn't matter what it did. Dragon Ball Online also claimed that Goku was approaching death at 60 years old.
Kanassa wrote:

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:21 pm

HeroR wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Because chances are if Piccolo suddenly get a transformation it will be Toriyama's idea and he won't used a line that only appeared in the anime.
Hey, at least I got you to understand he might suddenly get a transformation in some way :P

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:59 pm

HeroR wrote:
So? That doesn't mean they can't. We never saw a female Saiyan turn Super Saiyan and that's happened. Just because it hasn't happened before doesn't mean it can't. There was no hint prior to BoG that Saiyans can get God Ki or a power close to rivaling gods. Yet it happened sure enough in BoG.

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:39 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:I never quite understood why humans weren't given a transformation..
Sorry for the topic deviation, but (i just love replying to this one), this is by far the only show where humans are what they are, insignificant. I think, Toriyama always wanted to move beyond the human imagination, simply put, nothing compares to the vastness of this show, cause it's so alien.

I would've never dared saying this before Super, but his mocks with U6 are just too confirming. U6 is a mirror of our reality. U7 is a Utopic Earth.

Now, just like Yardrats, or Plants, we are weak, but only posses something different from the rest, a more social and love oriented community (i mean, compared to the shit we've seen in DB), hence, why the saiyan Goku humanized is something that intrigues us.

Then again, all the strong humans, possess something very non-human, characteristics like three-eyes (Tien), no nose (Krillin), or are cyborged (Androids). Which sort of leaves Yamcha, Yajirobe and Roshi as the strongers humans.

TL;DR, we are shit mate.
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.

Kastex
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kastex » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:59 pm

well we can't just expect saiyans to not get new transformations, since transformations is part of who they are. humans don't transform because they can't (unless it's body manipulation techniques). namekians don't transform because they can't (unless it's body manipulation techniques).

transformations in dragon ball are actually rare and it's best that it stays that way. if every race can suddenly transform then what's left for the series? achieving great power without transformations can be just as awesome as a transformation as we see with the gods of destruction and most of the new characters we are seeing.