I'm happy that there is no 1 vs 1 battle

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lujin_16
Regular

I'm happy that there is no 1 vs 1 battle

Post by Lujin_16 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:55 am

Otherwise i think some fights would be rushed but now it is non stop action so no more 1 fight 1 episode even if this arc will have 15 episodes it feels like
a longer fight like Frieza vs Goku but with many fighters

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: I'm happy that there is no 1 vs 1 battle

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:43 am

Yeah, I hope we get the feeling of a long fight and they don't pull Every transformation and bullshit to come and defeat the enemy in a single slot of 15 mins
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:42 pm

I'm glad we didn't have a Vanilla tournament,it would just a generic torunament,but instead we got the most unique tournament from toriyama and maybe in shonen history
Mostly active on discord.

dragonballgeek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballgeek » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:22 pm

I have a feeling there might be a draw in some way. Which will probably result in 1 on 1 matches.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:46 pm

I'm happy because A) It's different and B) Less controlled.

In this kind of fight things can get very chaotic to begin with, you never know whats gonna happen and things can change on a dime.
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:47 pm

I don't know if the battle royal is a good thing. But it is interesting. 1 V 1 might have gotten dull after a while with so many fighters.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:51 pm

I think things are going to get a little one piece on us.

We'll be jumping around seeing ever-ones individual fights and maybe even get the odd episodes dedicated solely to lesser characters.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:52 pm

I'm just happy it's different. I was dreading a rehash of the Champa arc. While I'm still not looking forward to spending umpteen episodes in the same place, I am at least satisfied that it isn't one on one.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:58 pm

Chuquita wrote:I'm just happy it's different. I was dreading a rehash of the Champa arc. While I'm still not looking forward to spending umpteen episodes in the same place, I am at least satisfied that it isn't one on one.
But almost every tournament is like that, from the 21st Budokai to the Cell games to the Universe 6 one. The only ones that ever broke the mold were Baba and Babidi's (Well lets say the fights on Babidi's ship was very tournament like).

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:13 pm

I just hope they deliver on their hype for the other characters. There's no reason to bring 17 back from obscurity, make 18 actually a fighter again, and bring Krillin and Piccolo back into fighting if they were going to do absolutely nothing.

If that were the case they probably would have just stuck with Goku, Vegeta, Gohan and Buu. But the fact that they went the extra length to bring back most of the other main supporting characters, it makes me hope they have good plans for them. People will be pissed if not.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:25 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I'm just happy it's different. I was dreading a rehash of the Champa arc. While I'm still not looking forward to spending umpteen episodes in the same place, I am at least satisfied that it isn't one on one.
But almost every tournament is like that, from the 21st Budokai to the Cell games to the Universe 6 one. The only ones that ever broke the mold were Baba and Babidi's (Well lets say the fights on Babidi's ship was very tournament like).
I'm probably just looking at it negatively in Super because I was hoping we'd get to do some exploring through the other universes and get to see all kinds of new places. I'm still disappointed Planet Salad didn't happen instead, though I can understand that right after Gokû Black (and I guess Copy Vegeta) that going to Planet Salad where there potentially might be a king who's a deadringer for Vegeta would be too much of the same trope one after another.

I haven't been enjoying Super as much lately and that causes me to become more critical of it.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:34 pm

Chuquita wrote: I haven't been enjoying Super as much lately and that causes me to become more critical of it.
Can you tell why?
I am genuinely interested, super's arguably at it's peak right now
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:46 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Chuquita wrote: I haven't been enjoying Super as much lately and that causes me to become more critical of it.
Can you tell why?
Not enough Goku/Vegeta ho yay.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:56 pm

That is definitely part of it.
Ki Breaker wrote:
Can you tell why?

I didn't like the way the Zamasu arc ended (Future Trunks should've gotten the kill with his genki dama sword as far as I'm concerned. Having Zamasu survive that and then everything with Future Omni King destroying everything was a mess and left me really unsatisfied.) but I enjoyed having mysteries to solve and theorize on. (I like murder mysteries in general; so having one here to puzzle out was a treat.)

A tournament gives me nothing of personal interest to make theories about. There's nothing fun to me about guessing who will win what fight.

I'm also tired of the gods stuff; I feel like Z switched it up more (saiyan arc was all about nuture vs nature; Freeza arc was outer space, all of which was totally different from mad science Cell and the androids, which is different from magical Majin Buu and the whole Vegeta getting kind of possessed by Babidi but not fully.).

While I like the false line thickness filter, I'm not a fan of the other filters because I feel like they're losing details in it.

Vegeta's gotten too boring, Gokû's gotten too unpredictable. They're also not really interacting with each other anymore like they were doing earlier in Super. Those two are my favorite characters the group so if they're not being as interesting to watch to me then I'm really not going to care as much about the arc overall.

I've never been interested in VegeBul and with I can't bring myself to care about Bra anymore despite caring about her back when Super first started.

I will say that the recent string of battles against the Dangerous Trio were well done. The pacing is getting its barrings in a way that reminds me of Z and that's also good. I don't think we're going to have the messy pacing that was present in the Zamasu arc because of what the past three episodes have shown.

I'm also tired of Tomioka getting to write the majority of the scripts. I get he gets a lot of praise, but I liked King Ryû so much more and I feel like I never see him or much of the other used-to-be-regular Super staff writers anymore.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:00 pm

Chuquita wrote:That is definitely part of it.
Ki Breaker wrote:
Can you tell why?

I didn't like the way the Zamasu arc ended (Future Trunks should've gotten the kill with his genki dama sword as far as I'm concerned. Having Zamasu survive that and then everything with Future Omni King destroying everything was a mess and left me really unsatisfied.) but I enjoyed having mysteries to solve and theorize on. (I like murder mysteries in general; so having one here to puzzle out was a treat.)

A tournament gives me nothing of personal interest to make theories about. There's nothing fun to me about guessing who will win what fight.

I'm also tired of the gods stuff; I feel like Z switched it up more (saiyan arc was all about nuture vs nature; Freeza arc was outer space, all of which was totally different from mad science Cell and the androids, which is different from magical Majin Buu and the whole Vegeta getting kind of possessed by Babidi but not fully.).

While I like the false line thickness filter, I'm not a fan of the other filters because I feel like they're losing details in it.

Vegeta's gotten too boring, Gokû's gotten too unpredictable. They're also not really interacting with each other anymore like they were doing earlier in Super. Those two are my favorite characters the group so if they're not being as interesting to watch to me then I'm really not going to care as much about the arc overall.

I will say that the recent string of battles against the Dangerous Trio were well done. The pacing is getting its barrings in a way that reminds me of Z and that's also good. I don't think we're going to have the messy pacing that was present in the Zamasu arc because of what the past three episodes have shown.

I'm also tired of Tomioka getting to write the majority of the scripts. I get he gets a lot of praise, but I liked King Ryû so much more and I feel like I never see him or much of the other used-to-be-regular Super staff writers anymore.
Goku being unpredictable is a bad thing :?: I'll agree with Vegeta but let's wait for the episode where they form the team and there Vegeta will have a personality if not then look forward reading the next manga chapter

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:05 pm

The gr wrote: Goku being unpredictable is a bad thing :?: I'll agree with Vegeta but let's wait for the episode where they form the team and there Vegeta will have a personality if not then look forward reading the next manga chapter
Unpredictable in a way that I can't tell if he's pulling the same thing he pulled with the Hit mini-arc or not (if he arranged something off-camera and that accounts for how reckless he's being or if he's genuinely acting this way or if the writer is setting Gokû up to learn a lesson or not). In battle it's definitely not a bad thing though.

I'm so sad over how boring Vegeta's becoming; he's vanilla-ing out where he doesn't stand out anymore.

I do look forward to the manga; overall Toyotarou's been doing a good job with everyone.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:14 pm

I'm really unsure about the battle royal thing we're talking about 80 freaking characters here how the fuck there going to make it work.
Plus how do we make sure others like 17,18 another humans get there screen time?

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:17 pm

pacz360 wrote:I'm really unsure about the battle royal thing we're talking about 80 freaking characters here how the fuck there going to make it work.
Plus how do we make sure others like 17,18 another humans get there screen time?
This will work for a manga format but for the anime I'm having doubts,but I'm going to wait to see how things turn hopefully toei surprise us

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:53 pm

Chuquita wrote:
The gr wrote: Goku being unpredictable is a bad thing :?: I'll agree with Vegeta but let's wait for the episode where they form the team and there Vegeta will have a personality if not then look forward reading the next manga chapter
Unpredictable in a way that I can't tell if he's pulling the same thing he pulled with the Hit mini-arc or not (if he arranged something off-camera and that accounts for how reckless he's being or if he's genuinely acting this way or if the writer is setting Gokû up to learn a lesson or not). In battle it's definitely not a bad thing though.

I'm so sad over how boring Vegeta's becoming; he's vanilla-ing out where he doesn't stand out anymore.

I do look forward to the manga; overall Toyotarou's been doing a good job with everyone.
I'm worried about Vegeta too. I really hope he will get some awesome character moment.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:51 pm

I didn't minded since the start. I just want to know the plot behind.
I've seen SO MUCH fighting scenes since the '80 that I lost any interest.
Nothing can convey impacts like Hurrican Polymar, nothing can reach battle development like Saint Seiya and nothing can create thrills like Hokuto no Ken. Nothing can surprise me after JoJo.
Dragon Ball is good if and only the plot mechanics are good.
So I just wait for development. If that thing solve as just the tournament with no strings attached, despite how good are the fights, it's just a brutal waste of time, acrylics and talents.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.