Anyone else worried about that universe 9 angel?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Anyone else worried about that universe 9 angel?

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:34 pm

I read his bio and It says he hates his useless Kai and GoD. I don't really blame him, but from the anger I saw In this episode (Was It this episode?) he looks close to losing It. I mean, last time we had a deity get mad like this we lost a multiverse. And that was just a kai. Imagine what an angel could do. Especially a genius one.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: Anyone else worried about that universe 9 angel?

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:45 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote:I read his bio and It says he hates his useless Kai and GoD. I don't really blame him, but from the anger I saw In this episode (Was It this episode?) he looks close to losing It. I mean, last time we had a deity get mad like this we lost a multiverse. And that was just a kai. Imagine what an angel could do. Especially a genius one.
i hope he becomes a fallen angel or something like that.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

TysonWine
Beyond Newbie

Post by TysonWine » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:31 pm

He hates the Kai and God? Didn't know that. I was wondering why he seemed extra angry when they were on that planet where Sidra Hikai'd the whole city. He seemed absolutely disgusted. Probably figured it was a result of their negligence.

DrakenballP
Beyond Newbie

Post by DrakenballP » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:41 pm

Mojito? I don't recall anything of this sort. I must be out of the loop.
"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!" - Goku.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:45 pm

I don't think he'll have much of a role in this arc at least. They would have had him speak during the exhibition matches if that were to be the case.

Hit!!
Regular

Post by Hit!! » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:49 pm

If i were him i wouldn't care because it's almost obvious universe 9 and its kai and god will be erased soon enough.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:09 am

DrakenballP wrote:Mojito? I don't recall anything of this sort. I must be out of the loop.
It's featured in his character biography. He's cited as being vexed with his fellow Hakaishin & Angel's uselessness.

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:31 am

I see why the angels dont get wiped out with their respective universes. They have no blame on how the respective universe is doing since their r only attending to the needs of their respective GoDs and i guess stop their GoDs from destroying their respective universes if need be. But everything else is all on the supreme kai n GoD.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:21 am

buutenks wrote:I see why the angels dont get wiped out with their respective universes. They have no blame on how the respective universe is doing since their r only attending to the needs of their respective GoDs and i guess stop their GoDs from destroying their respective universes if need be. But everything else is all on the supreme kai n GoD.
Also they're the precious children of the Grand Priest, supremely powerful and intelligent and it would just be a huge human resources loss if they were erased. They can probably be repurposed in the future if more universes are created.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:19 am

I am now, that smile was not normal. He could be the next villain.
Heno heno kappa!

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:30 am

There's a plan with the Angels going on, I'm sure of it.

[spoiler]The million-dollar-question for me now is, are Whis and Vados in on this plan, and who will they choose to side with?[/spoiler]
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

MajinVegetaPD
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaPD » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:35 am

Basako wrote:I am now, that smile was not normal. He could be the next villain.
Not sure about that. I got the sense that he was amused he no longer had to deal with the incompetence of his Kai and Destruction Gods. I mean, look at the way the universe 9 Kai was behaving during the tournament. No level headed behavior at all.

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:01 am

Shouldn't Mojito be put into 'sleep mode' now? Unless Sidra actually isn't dead and he and the others are just trapped somewhere...
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:10 am

MajinVegetaPD wrote:
Basako wrote:I am now, that smile was not normal. He could be the next villain.
Not sure about that. I got the sense that he was amused he no longer had to deal with the incompetence of his Kai and Destruction Gods. I mean, look at the way the universe 9 Kai was behaving during the tournament. No level headed behavior at all.
His smirk seemed pretty sinister though.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:22 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
IntangibleFancy wrote:I read his bio and It says he hates his useless Kai and GoD. I don't really blame him, but from the anger I saw In this episode (Was It this episode?) he looks close to losing It. I mean, last time we had a deity get mad like this we lost a multiverse. And that was just a kai. Imagine what an angel could do. Especially a genius one.
i hope he becomes a fallen angel or something like that.
Me too, he should demand blood and kill someone from Universe 11 just to make a point.

Snakeway Skywalker
Beyond Newbie

Post by Snakeway Skywalker » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:27 am

If the angels really are scheming something sinister, like taking down the gods so that they're the new rulers of the Universe, I really hope Whis isn't in on it. Hopefully he's too loyal to Beerus and his universe to try something like that. Plus, I love that sassy blue dude. I don't wanna see him go bad just to fit in with the family. In this case, it would be appropriate to go against the family.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:44 am

Snakeway Skywalker wrote:If the angels really are scheming something sinister, like taking down the gods so that they're the new rulers of the Universe, I really hope Whis isn't in on it. Hopefully he's too loyal to Beerus and his universe to try something like that. Plus, I love that sassy blue dude. I don't wanna see him go bad just to fit in with the family. In this case, it would be appropriate to go against the family.
Whis is a dumbass. He only trained Goku and Vegeta. What about the others? He could have helped team 7 to be much stronger, but, he didn't. Out of universe, db super writers are lazy and incompetent, because, they didn't explore the same formula as before, that is, having the other characters do the same training as Goku, in this case, follow Whis training to do better in the tournament.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:01 am

Snakeway Skywalker wrote:If the angels really are scheming something sinister, like taking down the gods so that they're the new rulers of the Universe, I really hope Whis isn't in on it. Hopefully he's too loyal to Beerus and his universe to try something like that. Plus, I love that sassy blue dude. I don't wanna see him go bad just to fit in with the family. In this case, it would be appropriate to go against the family.
Whis isn't exactly crying over the fact U7 could be eliminated, heck he even taunted Beerus about it.

Whis being evil would be a pretty good and interesting twist. It would be so clichéd and boring if all other Angels were evil but Whis.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:05 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Whis isn't exactly crying over the fact U7 could be eliminated, heck he even taunted Beerus about it.

Whis being evil would be a pretty good and interesting twist. It would be so clichéd and boring if all other Angels were evil but Whis.
The problem is if all the angels are evil it leaves no bridge to challenge their power. How are Goku, Vegeta, Jiren...whoever, going to gain the power to challengebthem if they are all evil?
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:08 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

The problem is if all the angels are evil it leaves no bridge to challenge their power. How are Goku, Vegeta, Jiren...whoever, going to gain the power to challengebthem if they are all evil?
Obviously some hax.

Otherwise I hope there's a split between god and bad Angels not just Whis and we go into a full blown Angelic War arc.