Why do people think Cell and Future Trunks have a shot?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Why do people think Cell and Future Trunks have a shot?

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:52 pm

Frieza's betrayal just taught us that we can't trust villains and he'd probably find some way to cheat. He's an awful candidate. Not only that, but he can also use everyone's move. If he can experiment with that then he could do something that wows zeno which means he'll get a wish from the Super Dragon Balls.

People who think Future Trunks is coming back are forgetting one of the universal taboos. Time travel is forbidden. It could get them all erased. Plus, the time machine has been destroyed and it'd take too long to make another one.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

The_Destroyer
Regular

Re: Why do people think Cell and Future Trunks have a shot?

Post by The_Destroyer » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:59 pm

Not to mention there is no way for Cell to get out of Hell and appear in front of Goku before they leave.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:02 pm

Nobody seriously believes those characters will be used. People are just saying whoever they want for wishful thinking.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:34 pm

Who's knows if people keep saying they want it, Toei is definitely going do it unfortunately.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:52 pm

All we know the line of freeza refusing to pass was mentioned to point cell did pass and so did buu.. and we are sure about buu..

Time machine was destroyed by berrus because time travel isn't something to play with, future trunks ain't coming back either..

Those who say they will are either getting full of themselves to the point of imagining their insignificant wishes will be realty or simply saying that they want it to happen, not that it would happen
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

DrakenballP
Beyond Newbie

Post by DrakenballP » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:14 pm

Oh how I'd love to see more Cell. :(
"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!" - Goku.

lancerman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by lancerman » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:19 pm

I get that Cell's popular, but he served his purpose. He's not Freeza where he has strong ties to so many major events and character's histories that you can find little things to do with him that are interesting because he nearly ruled the entirely universe. There's no point in bringing him back. There's hardly a point to bring Freeza back, but at least Freeza has some interesting things he can do.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:22 pm

I was never a fan of future Trunks returning in the first place let alone returning AGAIN ! same goes for Frieza.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:57 pm

Why don't they just revive Dr. Gero so he can build another Android 17 and then both Android 17s can fuse into a Super 17
I joke, I joke :lol:
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:54 am

The whole concept of dead villains coming back has always been bad from the start, the only reason they get away with it with Freeza is because he is the main villain of the franchise.

Never understood why peopled wanted Cell, Radditz, Nappa, etc. all to constantly return.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:01 am

Let's see.

Cell: After the experience with Freeza, I don't think they will go for another mayor villain. Cell out.

Future Trunks: They made it pretty clear the time machine is not an option. Maybe Shin could go with the ring. Very unlikely.

Boo: Sleeping for two months and they can't use the RoSaT to wake him up. Unlikely.

Monaca: The joke was used before, not happening again. Monaca out.

Jaco: He has never showed fighting skills other than using his gun. Very unlikely.

Yamcha: Roshi and Tenshinhan are in the team, he is a real option. He wants to go, it could be a joke or foreshadowing. He has the best chances.

Chaoz, Yajirobe, Satan and others: Yamcha just goes before them, as Tenshinhan or Krilin go before him. Roshi is another discussion.
Heno heno kappa!

Generico Garbagio
Beyond Newbie

Post by Generico Garbagio » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:08 am

Basako wrote:Future Trunks: They made it pretty clear the time machine is not an option. Maybe Shin could go with the ring. Very unlikely.
WHAT. You mean Supreme Kai would finally do something useful for his universe and RECRUIT SOMEONE?

You know that can't happen. ;)

If you did read it please tell me how.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:06 am

Cell would have been good to use for the start. Hes vain enough to not like the idea of erasure and they could have given him time to power up. However I accept he wont be used.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:29 am

What betrayal? Believing fake shit and accusing Lord Freeza over it smh :evil:

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:45 am

KingKaash wrote:Why don't they just revive Dr. Gero so he can build another Android 17 and then both Android 17s can fuse into a Super 17
I joke, I joke :lol:
Internet police, Sir, We don't joke about that here, it's an offense by canon and GT sucks laws..

You will get your fan license and credibility suspended for such treacherous atc in future
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:11 am

Maybe Cell can join them since he is quite powerful, but, i doubt it. It would be a shock for everyone, however, i think it must be someone who is already alive, therefore, i'm going with Future Trunks.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:08 am

I'm ok with Cell but I doubt they'd go with him, they say animating him is quite the work with those marks in his body, when it comes to F.Trunks yeah they'd be more powerful but no, I'd rather have Yamcha than Trunks, no more Trunks, but I'm going with Black 8)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:10 am

IntangibleFancy wrote:People who think Future Trunks is coming back are forgetting one of the universal taboos. Time travel is forbidden. It could get them all erased. Plus, the time machine has been destroyed and it'd take too long to make another one.
If the leaks were true, BIG IF, I could see Beerus rationalising a decision to recruit Trunks. "If that Rat can bend the rules, so can I! I mean, if the supreme Kai goes through time, it's not TECHNICALLY against the rules, is it!?"
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Generico Garbagio
Beyond Newbie

Post by Generico Garbagio » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:47 am

Kanassa wrote:
IntangibleFancy wrote:People who think Future Trunks is coming back are forgetting one of the universal taboos. Time travel is forbidden. It could get them all erased. Plus, the time machine has been destroyed and it'd take too long to make another one.
If the leaks were true, BIG IF, I could see Beerus rationalising a decision to recruit Trunks. "If that Rat can bend the rules, so can I! I mean, if the supreme Kai goes through time, it's not TECHNICALLY against the rules, is it!?"
I think the problem was Trunks kept creating new timelines when he travelled, or something like that, but if a Kai uses the time rings (like Gowasu did), that doesn't mess anything up. So it would be "fair" for Supreme Kai to go get Trunks seeing as Trunks came to the past to get help... Now it's their turn to go to the future for help.

No matter how likely or unlikely it is, seeing Trunks fight alongside Gohan would be great.

If you did read it please tell me how.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:50 am

Generico Garbagio wrote:I think the problem was Trunks kept creating new timelines when he travelled, or something like that, but if a Kai uses the time rings (like Gowasu did), that doesn't mess anything up. So it would be "fair" for Supreme Kai to go get Trunks seeing as Trunks came to the past to get help... Now it's their turn to go to the future for help.

No matter how likely or unlikely it is, seeing Trunks fight alongside Gohan would be great.
Really, if there's one thing I dislike about the Trunks Arc's ending, it's that Trunks doesn't stay because there's conveniently another timeline that's almost exactly like his but things haven't been fucked up again yet. I really thought it was building up to Beerus making a deal with Trunks to get another strong fighter on the team.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017