Will Vegeta simply be humiliated again?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Will Vegeta simply be humiliated again?

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:21 pm

In this Tournament, will we see Vegeta serve as a "ladder" to Goku again? Just to show the power of Jiren? Will his involvement be so relevant that we may even disregard his defeat?

We have several other Z-Fighters in the tournament, and they are having far less prominence than Vegeta in the series. But it's always the same. He does something epic for a few minutes, but shortly afterwards he is humiliated and becomes a joke. He trained in RoSaT, is it not possible to show a new transformation? Something a little different?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Will Vegeta simply be humiliated again?

Post by Chuquita » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:24 pm

Hit's the one going down to Jiren is what I think. There's been so little focus on Vegeta this arc that beyond the Brianne fight advertised in the opening animation I doubt he's going to have even that ladder role.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:27 pm

If he does, hopefully it'll be because he's too up his own ass to use teamwork, driving the emphasis on that home and not to just go "WHOA LOOK HOW POWERFUL THIS GUY IS HE BEAT VEGETA."
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:34 pm

Chuquita wrote:Hit's the one going down to Jiren is what I think. There's been so little focus on Vegeta this arc that beyond the Brianne fight advertised in the opening animation I doubt he's going to have even that ladder role.
I do not know what would be worse. Vegeta take a few minutes to stand out and serve as a ladder soon after or Hit serve as ladder but Vegeta does nothing relevant in the Tournament

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:44 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Hit's the one going down to Jiren is what I think. There's been so little focus on Vegeta this arc that beyond the Brianne fight advertised in the opening animation I doubt he's going to have even that ladder role.
I do not know what would be worse. Vegeta take a few minutes to stand out and serve as a ladder soon after or Hit serve as ladder but Vegeta does nothing relevant in the Tournament
I'd rather Vegeta do nothing than be humiliated; I say this with him as my 2nd favorite character. I think if they were going to do anything of plot importance with him that he would've at least had a character episode (I don't count Bra being born; I see that more as Bra's episode than Vegeta's).

It's been a while, but even Hit had that 2 episode mini-arc being hired by Gokû to fight him.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:59 pm

Unfortunately I can only see Vegeta looking good at first, and then getting humiliated.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:39 pm

I'm not worried about Vegeta getting jobbed to hype up a villain. I don't like it, but that's just what he does. I'm much more concerned about Vegeta being humiliated to make Goku look good instead. That would be much more intolerable.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:58 pm

I actually hope Vegeta gets thrown off as soon as possible. I can't stand his character right now. For whatever reason, after the birth of Bra, he has been extremely annoying, generic, and boring.

"Blah blah blah I don't need teamwork blah blah blah I am going to kill you Kakarrot blah blah blah I am grumpy and completely uncooperative even though our Universe might be erased."

God, I hope they write it so he does end up being a team player during the tournament.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:23 pm

MajinMan wrote:I actually hope Vegeta gets thrown off as soon as possible. I can't stand his character right now. For whatever reason, after the birth of Bra, he has been extremely annoying, generic, and boring.

"Blah blah blah I don't need teamwork blah blah blah I am going to kill you Kakarrot blah blah blah I am grumpy and completely uncooperative even though our Universe might be erased."

God, I hope they write it so he does end up being a team player during the tournament.
Gotta agree with the second and third sentences. He's more boring than usual in Super for me.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:45 pm

I think Goku is going straight for Jiren...even thoug he will encounter others on the way. I dont think Vegeta will have a chance to job to him early on and I dont think him losing will be embarrassing if he has an otherwise solid performance.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:54 pm

I'm not sure but on a side note Super has treated Vegeta really well compared to how he was in Z.

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:57 pm

Vegeta fans are like 1st worlders complaining about not making millions a year. Tien fans are dying of starvation. Yamacha fans are getting robbed everyday. 18 fans don't even know what's going on. Piccolo fans are just waiting to be disappointed again.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:58 pm

Vegeta's likely to be knocked out by the fat teletubby character. All signs point to Vegeta taking an early loss. He'll probably still make it halfway through the tournament though.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:11 am

Beyond wrote:Vegeta fans are like 1st worlders complaining about not making millions a year. Tien fans are dying of starvation. Yamacha fans are getting robbed everyday. 18 fans don't even know what's going on. Piccolo fans are just waiting to be disappointed again.
I know that their highlight really is a lot bigger than we are going to Z-Fighters in DBS. But they need not always make him be defeated in a humiliating way, becoming a joke to DB's fandom. Always serve ladder also becomes boring and repetitive

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:43 am

If the Zamasu arc is anything to go by then he'll do great in the manga and average to poor in the anime.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:48 am

Is it possible to show something new?
Yes
Will it happen? Probably not..

Vegeta getting humiliated is in the nature of his character, buy I wouldn't mind him lasting till the very end because his character right now is the most interesting he has been in super
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:50 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Vegeta getting humiliated is in the nature of his character, buy I wouldn't mind him lasting till the very end because his character right now is the most interesting he has been in super
He lasted till the end in the Buu, RF & Zamasu arcs.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:43 am

sintzu wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Vegeta getting humiliated is in the nature of his character, buy I wouldn't mind him lasting till the very end because his character right now is the most interesting he has been in super
He lasted till the end in the Buu, RF & Zamasu arcs.
Well yeah, what about it?
I am saying he should last here as well
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:57 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Well yeah, what about it?
I misunderstood you, I thought you meant he never lasted till the end before.

Yedis
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yedis » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:04 am

Beyond wrote:Vegeta fans are like 1st worlders complaining about not making millions a year. Tien fans are dying of starvation. Yamacha fans are getting robbed everyday. 18 fans don't even know what's going on. Piccolo fans are just waiting to be disappointed again.
Yeah, Vegeta is treated much better than the rest of the cast but because he doesn't get the final win or MC perks he's being "humiliated".