Dragon ball super episode 98 preview any thoughts?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon ball super episode 98 preview any thoughts?

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:20 pm

Will Goku and Vegeta finally fight together?

One of the things I most want to see in the Tournament, even for a few seconds, is the Z Warriors making amazing combinations and working as a team.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:59 pm

It seems like Universe 9 will be putting up a decent fight. I can't wait to see Gohan beat Lavender.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:55 am

I just hope universe 9 doesnt get taken out next episode..that would be way to quick.

I dont care if lavenda goes down to Gohan off the bat but bergamo needs to take at least one fighter out, doesn't matter what universe.

As far as Basil goes, he's always been my favorite of universe 9, i hope he fights tien and Piccolo a rare tag team.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:30 pm

It gives me good vibes. I see good animation, Vegeta in action, Goku against various and Freeza having the time of his life, or death.

What's Zeno doing with his finger? Don't tell me he's already erasing one universe...

And that aura surrounding Goku in base? Strange...
Heno heno kappa!

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:33 pm

Given the title of next weeks episode, it looks like Goku and Vegeta are going to take out U9 by themselves.

It's a very real possibility that they're giving them so much attention right now because they'll be taken out very early. They also have the lowest Mortal Level.

Say your goodbyes soon!
How i predict the tournament will end:

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:42 pm

It really seems like U9 will lose in the next episode. I hope it will be some cool combo from Goku and Vegeta with the rest of U7 doing some clean-up. Also, please give me Goku, Roshi and Tenshinan throwing people out of the ring with Mafuba.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:46 pm

Yeah, it will be another shitty episode. It seems all the action is reduced to Goku and Vegeta, i wonder what the hell are the others doing over there. This is pathetic!

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:22 am

Shinda Forever wrote:Yeah, it will be another shitty episode. It seems all the action is reduced to Goku and Vegeta, i wonder what the hell are the others doing over there. This is pathetic!
All of U9 is targeting Goku and Vegeta due to a grudge match... and you want to complain about them getting screen time? Get over yourself. Naturally Goku will get more focus since he's the guy everyone wants to fight. Everyone will get their time to shine. All the other members will get focus on them at some point. Whether it's to eliminate someone or get eliminated.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:00 am

TheOne wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:Yeah, it will be another shitty episode. It seems all the action is reduced to Goku and Vegeta, i wonder what the hell are the others doing over there. This is pathetic!
All of U9 is targeting Goku and Vegeta due to a grudge match... and you want to complain about them getting screen time? Get over yourself. Naturally Goku will get more focus since he's the guy everyone wants to fight. Everyone will get their time to shine. All the other members will get focus on them at some point. Whether it's to eliminate someone or get eliminated.
You don't even know what you are talking about. U9 doesn't even know Vegeta, therefore, why would they target Vegeta over the others? Who is complaining here? I just stated the obvious, nothing else.
There is a difference between getting more focus and getting all the attention the whole time, furthermore, if U9 are not dumb, they would know that it would be impossible for them to defeat Goku and Gohan. It would make more sense for them to attack the weakest members like the Earthlings to weaken U7 chances at the tournament.

Finally, how do you know everyone will get their time to shine? Have you received any privileged information from the staff or Toriyama? We all saw how everyone shined in the recruitment arc. :shock: :wink:

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:07 am

I wonder if each universe's team gets erased at the same time their universe does. If this is Uni 9's last hurrah (until the inevitable super db wish) I'm curious.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:19 am

The amount of reused animation... :sick:

TysonWine
Beyond Newbie

Post by TysonWine » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:21 am

Not sure how I feel about the entire universe 9 being taken out in one episode. After getting dominated, I hope a few are wise enough to wait for an opportunity for the stronger fighters to run out of stamina. Universe 9 will probably be the sacrificial lamb that leads to Zeno showing their eraser powers, thus, leading to a more serious tournament. Everyone seems to be having a bit too much fun at the moment.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:49 am

Shinda Forever wrote:
TheOne wrote:
You don't even know what you are talking about. U9 doesn't even know Vegeta, therefore, why would they target Vegeta over the others? Who is complaining here? I just stated the obvious, nothing else.
There is a difference between getting more focus and getting all the attention the whole time, furthermore, if U9 are not dumb, they would know that it would be impossible for them to defeat Goku and Gohan. It would make more sense for them to attack the weakest members like the Earthlings to weaken U7 chances at the tournament.

Finally, how do you know everyone will get their time to shine? Have you received any privileged information from the staff or Toriyama? We all saw how everyone shined in the recruitment arc. :shock: :wink:
CLEARLY they don't know Vegeta personally. He wasn't even with Buu and Gohan. But I know they're aware he's apart of U7. They're being targeted. They told us this many episodes ago. Yeah Bergamo knows he can't beat Goku alone, which is why he's bringing the whole dang crew to gang up on him.

Everyone DID get their shine in the recruitment arc. The word "shine" is subjective. My definition is they got more screen time than they usually do.

If you think I mean "everyone is going to knock someone out and have a happy ending kind of shine" then that's not what I was going for. Everyone is going to get screentime In this tournament. Whether it's to get eliminated or to eliminate someone.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:01 pm

TheOne wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
TheOne wrote:

CLEARLY they don't know Vegeta personally. He wasn't even with Buu and Gohan. But I know they're aware he's apart of U7. They're being targeted. They told us this many episodes ago. Yeah Bergamo knows he can't beat Goku alone, which is why he's bringing the whole dang crew to gang up on him.

Everyone DID get their shine in the recruitment arc. The word "shine" is subjective. My definition is they got more screen time than they usually do.

If you think I mean "everyone is going to knock someone out and have a happy ending kind of shine" then that's not what I was going for. Everyone is going to get screentime In this tournament. Whether it's to get eliminated or to eliminate someone.
I'm aware about Goku fighting 8 opponents at the same time while the others won't get nothing and that is ridiculous.
More screentime doesn't mean anything, if you are getting humiliated and let's be honest here, if with so many opponents the Earthlings apart from Kuririn don't have a great performance and a few wins, there is no reason for them to be there, that was my point since the beginning. Furthermore, as you know, Kuririn will find out about his hidden power in the episode 99.lol

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:05 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:
TheOne wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote: You don't even know what you are talking about. U9 doesn't even know Vegeta, therefore, why would they target Vegeta over the others? Who is complaining here? I just stated the obvious, nothing else.

I'm aware about Goku fighting 8 opponents at the same time while the others won't get nothing and that is ridiculous.
More screentime doesn't mean anything, if you are getting humiliated and let's be honest here, if with so many opponents the Earthlings apart from Kuririn don't have a great performance and a few wins, there is no reason for them to be there, that was my point since the beginning. Furthermore, as you know, Kuririn will find out about his hidden power in the episode 99.lol
I'm just hoping this "hidden power" won't knock someone out at Caulis level.. That's a bit of a stretch for me

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:27 pm

Chuquita wrote:I wonder if each universe's team gets erased at the same time their universe does. If this is Uni 9's last hurrah (until the inevitable super db wish) I'm curious.
Don't be so sure about that, the universal Resurrection might not happen..
They left 4 universes our for a reason..

Maybe, zeno leaves the fighters only alive because they entertained him so well, them now living in the winning universe will also increase the mortal levels and we won't have to manage so many different universes either..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:36 pm

TheOne wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
TheOne wrote:

I'm just hoping this "hidden power" won't knock someone out at Caulis level.. That's a bit of a stretch for me
You should expect Kuririn to surpass Piccolo. Just look at the recruitment arc, the way they are hyping the midget, everything is possible.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:58 pm

TheOne wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
TheOne wrote:

Her level?

Shes mid tier at best. These is a MASSIVE gap between SSJ in U6 and God Ki. Even SSJ2 isnt close.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:27 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
TheOne wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:

Her level?

Shes mid tier at best. These is a MASSIVE gap between SSJ in U6 and God Ki. Even SSJ2 isnt close.
Not sure if you misunderstood what I said but I'll clarify.

In no way shape or form should Krillin ever give any of the Saiyans trouble in this tournament. Even if he "unlocks" some hidden power (that's been dormant inside of him all these years. That somehow was never unlocked at his physical peak..) he's still behind Cauli a great deal.