17 will last longer than Frieza !!!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Benedetto12
Beyond Newbie

Re: 17 will last longer than Frieza !!!

Post by Benedetto12 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:29 pm

17 wouldn´t last more than Freeza, but he will be one of the last to fall on Universe 7, either him or Krillin will be the last to fall (not counting Goku, Vegeta, Gohan and Freeza who will be the main players of this arc)

Slaythe
Beyond Newbie

Post by Slaythe » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:51 pm

For the record, I think Frieza is gonna stay around long because he's gonna betray U7 at last second. I'm not sure I would count him as part of the team.

Goku and Gohan are also guaranteed to be the last 2.

Krilin Vegeta and 17 will be important. I think Vegeta will bite the dust before 17 for the sake of not having only saiyans in the top 3, AGAIN. That would be pretty sad now that you have a varied cast, and strong characters that are not saiyans, if you get Goku Vegeta Gohan as usual. Pretty boring.

I could see Krilin too. I guess it depends how things go with 18.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:58 am

I think 17 will last a lot, but not more than Freeza. Freeza is going to have a big role in the story development on this arc for sure.
Heno heno kappa!

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:13 am

In terms of popularity, Goku >> Vegeta = Gohan (+Hype) = Freeza (+Hype) > Piccolo > Android 17 (+Hype) > Android 18 > Krillin > Tenshinhan > Kame-sennin which also just so happens to be the power-scale in how I interpret it (with the exception of Krillin being possibly more popular in Japan than 18).

This is just how I view it, of course. Can someone tell me about the results of actual popularity polls?
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:39 am

DBZ Macky wrote:In terms of popularity, Goku >> Vegeta = Gohan (+Hype) = Freeza (+Hype) > Piccolo > Android 17 (+Hype) > Android 18 > Krillin > Tenshinhan > Kame-sennin which also just so happens to be the power-scale in how I interpret it (with the exception of Krillin being possibly more popular in Japan than 18).

This is just how I view it, of course. Can someone tell me about the results of actual popularity polls?
DB Forever popularity poll (2004-2005) among Japanese Fans.

1. Goku: 6,235 points
2. Vegeta: 2,527 points
3. Gohan: 2,131 points
4. Trunks: 1,487 points
5. Piccolo: 1,176 points
6. Goten: 798 points
7. Kuririn: 736 points
8. Boo: 421 points
9. Freeza: 324 points
10. No.18: 204 points
11. Mister Satan: 201 points
12. Karin: 185 points
13. Kame-sennin: 172 points
14. Cell: 170 points
15. Yamcha: 163 points
16. Tenshinhan: 125 points
17. Bulma: 112 points
18.No.17: 98 points
19. Yajirobe: 93 points
20. Videl: 86 points

In a 2010 female popularity poll Bulma beat 18 with just 2 votes though.

Correct me please if there's a more recent popularity poll.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:36 pm

TheDipDap1234 wrote:
DBZ Macky wrote:In terms of popularity, Goku >> Vegeta = Gohan (+Hype) = Freeza (+Hype) > Piccolo > Android 17 (+Hype) > Android 18 > Krillin > Tenshinhan > Kame-sennin which also just so happens to be the power-scale in how I interpret it (with the exception of Krillin being possibly more popular in Japan than 18).

DB Forever popularity poll (2004-2005) among Japanese Fans.

1. Goku: 6,235 points
2. Vegeta: 2,527 points
3. Gohan: 2,131 points
4. Trunks: 1,487 points
5. Piccolo: 1,176 points
6. Goten: 798 points
7. Kuririn: 736 points
8. Boo: 421 points
9. Freeza: 324 points
10. No.18: 204 points
11. Mister Satan: 201 points
12. Karin: 185 points
13. Kame-sennin: 172 points
14. Cell: 170 points
15. Yamcha: 163 points
16. Tenshinhan: 125 points
17. Bulma: 112 points
18.No.17: 98 points
19. Yajirobe: 93 points
20. Videl: 86 points

In a 2010 female popularity poll Bulma beat 18 with just 2 votes though.

Correct me please if there's a more recent popularity poll.
I'm a bit surprised that Karin (barely got any screentime in DBZ) is more popular than Cell and Bulma... and Videl in last place below even Yajirobe? Wow

greeZH

Post by greeZH » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:10 pm

Now I really want 17 to drop out right after Kuririn. :lol:

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:34 pm

I want Frieza to have to be on the bench at some point having to cheer Goku and Vegeta on to win.

Majin Jator
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Jator » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:39 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:(...) and for people saying "oh they just hyped him up for the recruitment episodes" well yeah exacly it's what they did and a character that has been hyped up rarely gets shit on.(...)
Buu and Krillin might disagree :P. Don't get me wrong, I'm liking C17 inclusion, it feels fresh and not forced (unlike certain evil emperor). I also hope that him lasts. But as others have pointed out, freeza is more involved with the plot, with his own schemes to play, and has a huge following.

So, I won't bet that the android is gonna last longer, but hey, I would be pleasently surprise if that happens.

kidhero1000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kidhero1000 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:49 pm

I wouldn't be opposed to some 17/Nigrishii interaction. Perhaps complementing 17 on his cybernetic enhancements, even offering to make 17into A more Superior version of himself with his own tech.
He devolved into saying only one word. Time to hit the ol' cosmic trail.

lancerman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by lancerman » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:07 pm

I don't think there is any chance 17 lasts longer than Freeza. The way things look now, Freeza will likely factor into the endgame somehow and be one of the last on his team with Goku and possibly Vegeta or Gohan. You don't just bring an x factor villain like him back at those lengths and not use him.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:25 pm

lancerman wrote:I don't think there is any chance 17 lasts longer than Freeza. The way things look now, Freeza will likely factor into the endgame somehow and be one of the last on his team with Goku and possibly Vegeta or Gohan. You don't just bring an x factor villain like him back at those lengths and not use him.
Krillin fans said the same thing :lol:

But you're right. Frieza will definitely be a finalist. I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow manipulates the outcome to where HES the winner.

I guarantee he will be a problem for all the universes and not just U7 if he got his wish.
How i predict the tournament will end:

lancerman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by lancerman » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:34 pm

TheOne wrote:
lancerman wrote:I don't think there is any chance 17 lasts longer than Freeza. The way things look now, Freeza will likely factor into the endgame somehow and be one of the last on his team with Goku and possibly Vegeta or Gohan. You don't just bring an x factor villain like him back at those lengths and not use him.

But you're right. Frieza will definitely be a finalist. I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow manipulates the outcome to where HES the winner.

I guarantee he will be a problem for all the universes and not just U7 if he got his wish.
My personal theory is that Freeza is one elimination ahead of Goku and then Goku and Jiren are fighting with Goku finally gaining an advantage and about to eliminate Jiren as time expires. Then Freeza betrays Goku and incapacitates him. Universe 7 wins because they have the most fighters left, but Freeza had more eliminations thanks to politicking and backstabbing. So he uses the Super Dragon Balls to make himself a god of destruction and kills the Zeno-sama's so nobody can erase him. This has the unintended consequence of saving all the universes from destruction, but also sets the stage for a god Freeza to be a major threat going forward.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:34 am

lancerman wrote:
TheOne wrote:

My personal theory is that Freeza is one elimination ahead of Goku and then Goku and Jiren are fighting with Goku finally gaining an advantage and about to eliminate Jiren as time expires. Then Freeza betrays Goku and incapacitates him. Universe 7 wins because they have the most fighters left, but Freeza had more eliminations thanks to politicking and backstabbing. So he uses the Super Dragon Balls to make himself a god of destruction and kills the Zeno-sama's so nobody can erase him. This has the unintended consequence of saving all the universes from destruction, but also sets the stage for a god Freeza to be a major threat going forward.
Slightly different paths, but I think we have the same thoughts about how Frieza could be used to cause more universal mayhem haha
How i predict the tournament will end:

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:16 am

Bias is a funny thing.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:24 am

I highly doubt Freeza, Vegeta or even Gohan will go before him.

Buu has proven time and again that promotion doesn't mean anything when it comes to the actual role in the story.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

larzooma
Beyond Newbie

Post by larzooma » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:18 am

Prior to Frieza returning, I would have put money on 17 lasting longer because I believed he was the stronger character based on the misconception he couldn't gain any power after RoF during his time in the cocoon. Given the events of his return, he's clearly made some gains, and I think he's close to, if not stronger than Goku and Vegeta as SSJB.

17 on the other hand is slightly hyped, and I think he will go before Goku, Vegeta, Frieza, and Gohan for sure. I'm not saying he isn't a powerful member of the team, but simply being strong enough to force Goku to transform isn't this grand indication of his power. It simply means he's strong enough to go beyond what Goku can handle without going SSJB. Of course he could be hiding a substantial amount of strength, and actually contend with the top fighters. Only time will tell.

larzooma
Beyond Newbie

Post by larzooma » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:22 am

Prior to Frieza returning, I would have put money on 17 lasting longer because I believed he was the stronger character based on the misconception he couldn't gain any power after RoF during his time in the cocoon. Given the events of his return, he's clearly made some gains, and I think he's close to, if not stronger than Goku and Vegeta as SSJB.

17 on the other hand is slightly hyped, and I think he will go before Goku, Vegeta, Frieza, and Gohan for sure. I'm not saying he isn't a powerful member of the team, but simply being strong enough to force Goku to transform isn't this grand indication of his power. It simply means he's strong enough to go beyond what Goku can handle without going SSJB. Of course he could be hiding a substantial amount of strength, and actually contend with the top fighters. Only time will tell.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:52 pm

sintzu wrote:I highly doubt Freeza, Vegeta or even Gohan will go before him.

Buu has proven time and again that promotion doesn't mean anything when it comes to the actual role in the story.
Buu got no pomotion and not the same hype 17 got.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:25 pm

Benedetto12 wrote:17 wouldn´t last more than Freeza, but he will be one of the last to fall on Universe 7, either him or Krillin will be the last to fall (not counting Goku, Vegeta, Gohan and Freeza who will be the main players of this arc)
lol