Why it's okay for Vegeta to get eliminated early.

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lapislettuce
Banned

Re: Why it's okay for Vegeta to get eliminated early.

Post by Lapislettuce » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:47 pm

pacz360 wrote:Goku,vegeta,gohan,17,Frieza should be the last five standing for u7 to hell with anything else
They probably will be last 5 standing Image

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:06 pm

Miracles wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
Miracles wrote:For story sake it would be foolish for Vegeta to be eliminated early.
It must keep up the theme of Goku's rival.
Getting knocked out early would not exemplify that.
That hasn't been a focused theme for sometime now. The show itself promotes him as Goku's "eternal rival" but doesn't actually portray him as a rival worth taking seriously.

Regardless, I wouldn't mind Vegeta leaving early, but nothing points to him leaving early at all besides some people's theories on why they think he should leave early. I honestly don't see him losing unless he gets a double KO with Hitto, an underhanded tactic involving Freeza in some way, or just getting his shit pushed in by Jiren and all of those three possibilities I don't see happening until fairly late in this tournament.
We just had Goku try and goad Vegeta into going training with him for the TOP.
Goku saying how he would surpass Vegeta. Vegeta refused cause he was waiting for his baby.
The rivalry has always been there throughout Super.
That doesn't really mean the rivalry is there at all, especially when Whis himself says Goku has been ignoring Vegeta. You honestly can't even call it a rivalry. The guy says he wanted to fight strong guys, but said he forgot Gohan was there the whole time, didn't even bother acknowledging Vegeta there. This show tries to say it's a rivalry but it really isn't when one guy cares very little and when the gap is massive most of the time.

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:09 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
Miracles wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: That hasn't been a focused theme for sometime now. The show itself promotes him as Goku's "eternal rival" but doesn't actually portray him as a rival worth taking seriously.

Regardless, I wouldn't mind Vegeta leaving early, but nothing points to him leaving early at all besides some people's theories on why they think he should leave early. I honestly don't see him losing unless he gets a double KO with Hitto, an underhanded tactic involving Freeza in some way, or just getting his shit pushed in by Jiren and all of those three possibilities I don't see happening until fairly late in this tournament.
Goku saying how he would surpass Vegeta. Vegeta refused cause he was waiting for his baby.
That doesn't really mean the rivalry is there at all, especially when Whis himself says Goku has been ignoring Vegeta. You honestly can't even call it a rivalry. The guy says he wanted to fight strong guys, but said he forgot Gohan was there the whole time, didn't even bother acknowledging Vegeta there. This show tries to say it's a rivalry but it really isn't when one guy cares very little and when the gap is massive most of the time.
The gap is massive since U6 tournament (at least in Anime version) and I don't really get why they don't want to close the gap between them like at the beginning of Super.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:09 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
pacz360 wrote:Goku,vegeta,gohan,17,Frieza should be the last five standing for u7 to hell with anything else
With Gohan being Super Saiyan in that image, i wouldn't take it too seriously. Seems like it's a poster more for the recruitment eps than the tournament.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:55 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
Miracles wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: That hasn't been a focused theme for sometime now. The show itself promotes him as Goku's "eternal rival" but doesn't actually portray him as a rival worth taking seriously.

Just like Goku remembered Gohan cause he was out of sight it.
It's the same with Vegeta waiting for his baby.
Goku wasn't thinking of Vegeta cause he was out of sight.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:01 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
Yeah Id have no issue with that roster as the "Last stand" for U7 so to speak.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:06 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:
Yeah Id have no issue with that roster as the "Last stand" for U7 so to speak.
Agree I hope it happens

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:23 pm

An early Vegeta elimination would give someone else their time to shine in the top 5, which I think could be rather interesting.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:26 am

Mercenary wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
Miracles wrote: We just had Goku try and goad Vegeta into going training with him for the TOP.
The gap is massive since U6 tournament (at least in Anime version) and I don't really get why they don't want to close the gap between them like at the beginning of Super.
I don't either. The show has Vegeta state he'll surpass Goku and be #1, but it fails to portray him as being capable of legitimately coming out on top over Goku for very long. My problem isn't that they write Vegeta to be far inferior to Goku most of the time. My problem is that they write him to be far inferior to Goku most of the time yet expect me to believe there's a legit competition and rivalry between the two when there isn't, especially because Goku could one-shot Vegeta almost all the time. If they're going to claim he's Goku's eternal rival, have him rival Goku in power 95% of the time. They probably don't want him rivaling Goku because they're pretty set on writing him to be Goku's second. Vegeta isn't written as a rival the same way someone like Kai Hiwatari, or Bakugou is written. He's not written to be the protagonist's equal most of the time, he's written to be used as a hype tool to make the protagonist look even better (unfortunately but that is his purpose in this series to make Goku look better).

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:46 am

I have no problem with Vegeta getting eliminated a little earlier.. IF Vegeta finally gets his revenge on Hit and completely dominates him the same way he completely destroyed SSJ Rosé Goku Black during their third encounter. Vegeta needs to shine before he goes out, and the only way he can "shine" is by defeating Hit. Or at least, have a very impressive stalemate! I expect NOTHING LESS. After that, he can go, and we can all rest in peace.

That said, if he's going to job (and we know he eventually will) than it has to be against Jiren! And no one else. At least have him lose to a worthy opponent. And the only one worthy of defeating Vegeta.. is Jiren! (Toppo is weak, Hit should be able to beat him no sweat).

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:48 am

Just because they are strongest? I don't think so it could happen that way, but it doesn't NEED to.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:03 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:I have no problem with Vegeta getting eliminated a little earlier.. IF Vegeta finally gets his revenge on Hit and completely dominates him the same way he completely destroyed SSJ Rosé Goku Black during their third encounter. Vegeta needs to shine before he goes out, and the only way he can "shine" is by defeating Hit. Or at least, have a very impressive stalemate! I expect NOTHING LESS. After that, he can go, and we can all rest in peace.

That said, if he's going to job (and we know he eventually will) than it has to be against Jiren! And no one else. At least have him lose to a worthy opponent. And the only one worthy of defeating Vegeta.. is Jiren! (Toppo is weak, Hit should be able to beat him no sweat).
A very impressive stalemate with Hitto would be better for the series. I hope Hitto can crush Toppo before fighting Vegeta.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:16 am

No. It's not just because Vegeta was important in other DBS sagas, that he should be completely useless in the ToP. He is a character of great weight and importance, as much as Freeza, 17 and Gohan.

So the least he deserves is to defeat an important character like Hitto or Toppo. Maybe he would do that, I'd even let him leave earlier.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:49 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote:No. It's not just because Vegeta was important in other DBS sagas, that he should be completely useless in the ToP. He is a character of great weight and importance, as much as Freeza, 17 and Gohan.

So the least he deserves is to defeat an important character like Hitto or Toppo. Maybe he would do that, I'd even let him leave earlier.
It would be better if he defeats Toppo instead of Hitto.

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:35 am

Shinda Forever wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:No. It's not just because Vegeta was important in other DBS sagas, that he should be completely useless in the ToP. He is a character of great weight and importance, as much as Freeza, 17 and Gohan.

Is that because you love Hit so much that you don't want him to be defeated by anyone?

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:52 pm

Mercenary wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:

Is that because you love Hit so much that you don't want him to be defeated by anyone?
No, simply there are defeats that can be good for a character while others are bad. Hitto losing against Jiren is normal, but if he loses to Gohan or 17 it will make him useless to future arcs.
I have some hope that he won't lose to Vegeta since it would be good for both characters, if Hitto loses early and if he is out of the top 4, i will drop the show.

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:27 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:
Mercenary wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote: It would be better if he defeats Toppo instead of Hitto.

No, simply there are defeats that can be good for a character while others are bad. Hitto losing against Jiren is normal, but if he loses to Gohan or 17 it will make him useless to future arcs.
I have some hope that he won't lose to Vegeta since it would be good for both characters, if Hitto loses early and if he is out of the top 4, i will drop the show.

You will drop the show, huh? And you haven't been watching this before U6 arc when we didn't even know such guy like Hit?

Vegeta either totally destroys his opponent or getting LOLstomped. That's how it always was with Vegeta. So, you know.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:19 pm

Mercenary wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
Mercenary wrote:

You will drop the show, huh? And you haven't been watching this before U6 arc when we didn't even know such guy like Hit?

Vegeta either totally destroys his opponent or getting LOLstomped. That's how it always was with Vegeta. So, you know.
I'm going to explain. When they did ROF, the promise was that the cast would be Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo, Tenshinhan, Roshi and Krillin to add variety and bring together all the fans of each major character.
Then, in the U6 arc, they changed their minds and Tenshinhan, Roshi and Krillin were kicked out, but, at least, they created a great character with awesome abilities named Hitto that had Seicho to keep up with the saiyajins.

Therefore, i thought that maybe they intended to bring balance to the cast and to the series with a new major player.
Hitto did pretty well against Goku in the rematch and that showed that he was capable to keep up with them.
Now, he is in the TOP as the team's leader, but, doing less than the U6 saiyajins which is shocking.
If Hitto is stomped by Vegeta like you claim, it will mean Hitto won't have any chance to become a major character in the series and since i'm not interested to see another saiyajin wankfest like in DBGT, i will drop the show.
Just a note, Vegeta didn't stomp Zarbon in the rematch and Toshio said that Hitto would have great fights in TOP, so, we will see.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:21 pm

precita wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:
With Gohan being Super Saiyan in that image, i wouldn't take it too seriously. Seems like it's a poster more for the recruitment eps than the tournament.
How is this any different than you basing Vegeta losing off of him fighting Brianne in the preview as a super saiyan?

Gohan went super saiyan literally 40-42 hours prior to this. Gohan turning SSJ in the tournament isn't a crazy thought. Just because he has his ultimate form back doesn't mean his SSJ power is useless.
How i predict the tournament will end:

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:31 pm

How did I know this guy would be the one to start this thread :roll:

Look. I don't know what everyone's fascination with Vegeta losing early is, but there has been no evidence of him being reduced to an easy knockout.

I DARE someone to bring up him not getting screen time at the beginning of the arc. If that's your defense for this argument, then don't even bother quoting me.

Vegeta has been established as the number 2 in the group. We have no reason to believe that he will be knocked out early in a tournament of strength.

The people who think Vegeta will be knocked out early are the same people who came up with reasons why Krillin was on par with Final Form Frieza in the Namek arc after he took years and years off of fighting.
How i predict the tournament will end: