Is u7 overpowered

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Is u7 overpowered

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:22 pm

The moment you realize that only one fighter of Universe 7 isn't from Earth.

It's Earth vs the multiverse, basically. Safe to say only this planet has endured as many threats as it has. It's really a huge anomaly. If the androids, Buu, and Beerus never threatened it, the Z-fighters would be on par with all the other weaklings in this tournament.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:24 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:The moment you realize that only one fighter of Universe 7 isn't from Earth.

It's Earth vs the multiverse, basically. Safe to say only this planet has endured as many threats as it has.
Freeza died on earth and was in earth's hell..
Should be enough to get him an earth residency card..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:44 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:The moment you realize that only one fighter of Universe 7 isn't from Earth.

It's Earth vs the multiverse, basically. Safe to say only this planet has endured as many threats as it has. It's really a huge anomaly. If the androids, Buu, and Beerus never threatened it, the Z-fighters would be on par with all the other weaklings in this tournament.
Technically -

Goku, Vegeta, Buu, Frieza are all not from Earth.

Piccolo is from Earth but only first generation and is a Namekian not an Earthling by any stretch.

Though I get what youre saying.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:49 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:

Technically -

Piccolo is from Earth but only first generation and is a Namekian not an Earthling by any stretch.

Woah, what you tryin to say? They illegal? Don't belong in our planet?!
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:51 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:

Technically -

Woah, what you tryin to say? They illegal? Don't belong in our planet?!
LOL

Just saying it took the whole universe to make the team if it developed on Earth.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Cursemark505
Beyond Newbie

Post by Cursemark505 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:09 pm

Dragonballgod19 wrote:
IKevinX wrote:Not really. I think it's just what I was supposed to be.
We literally have characters that are on the same realm as the Gods of Destruction and everytime that happens, the gods themselfs act surprised, meaning it isn't an easy task to accomplish, no matter how many universes there are.
Not to mention they had very little time to round up all the fighters so it's not weird to assume there isn't someone like Kale or Caulifla from the other universes that couldn't be found on time for the TOP.
Dude literally any of the 6 members from u7 could one shot Caulifla and kale literally
And yet Kale easily burst through a ssjb Kamehameha.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:22 pm

OLKv3 wrote:Every fight so far has been the same in the ToP. Quirky new character shows up, does some weird ability while the U7 heavy hitters are holding back. They dominate the episode showing off their abilities. Then the hero stops playing around and effortlessly stomps them. It's kinda getting old at this point
Forgot to include a cackling jackass
    If u7 is powerful by being a terrible universe but why isn't u9 like this,there the lowest in the ranking and that universe is disastrous compared to our universe
    Mostly active on discord.

larzooma
    Beyond Newbie

Post by larzooma » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:47 pm

I think we're witnessing a logical progression in battle royals. The weaker fighters are being eliminated, while the stronger fighters are either taking out as many low level opponents as possible or conserving energy for the strongest fighters. Although it does seem that the bulk of U7 falls in the upper echelon of fighters, unlike the other universes, we've yet to see weaker fighters like Roshi and Tien fight on their own. Even android 18 required assistance to stay alive, and likely won't last long against stronger opponents. Fighters like 17 and Piccolo provide a bit of mystery in terms of their overall power, and how well they can compete against top tier fighters. I think Ribrianne will stomp 17, if they actually fight in the coming episode, and emerge as one of the more powerful fighters in the tournament. In time we will see other high level opponents come to light outside the list of characters they've revealed prior to the tournament. Considering the power Goku, Vegeta, Golden Frieza, and, I'd argue, Gohan posses, it takes a special fighter to compete. As of right now, we only know of Hit, Jiren, Toppo, possibly Kale (in her Berserk form) with the ability to hold their own against the top U7 fighters. I'd imagine a few more will come to light in the coming episodes. If not, characters like 17 and Piccolo may last a little while, and have an episode or two dedicated to their battles, but they won't be able to compete against the likes of Hit or Jiren.

JulianStyles
    Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:46 pm

We do know the show is based on U7 characters. Lol most of the promotional material was about the 10 U7 fighters. Of course it will center around them and their challenges and battles. You already know U7 will win or some kind of technicality. Guess you want to see characters you have no invested interest before or after have epic fights at the expense of characters youve grown up with.

Remember the other world tournament? Olibu vs Pikkon is the most epic fight ever for me in DB. The music the pace the awe of it. But no one ever talks about it because it was two fighters you dont care about. Pikkon is the only one mentioned because he fought the fighter you are invested in which ia Goku.

precita
    Banned

Post by precita » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:10 pm

It's ironic that before this tournament started we thought U7 would be in deep trouble and that there would be no way anyone outside of Goku/Vegeta would keep up. People wrongly assumed all 10 Pride Troopers were as strong as Toppo or Jiren, that most of the other universes were all Super Saiyan God type power, etc.

Everyone was wrong. The tournament has a lot of characters probably on Super Saiyan 1 level, but not much more.

Miracles
    I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:42 pm

No. U7 is over stacked.
    They have a good bench.

larzooma
    Beyond Newbie

Post by larzooma » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:18 am

JulianStyles wrote:We do know the show is based on U7 characters. Lol most of the promotional material was about the 10 U7 fighters. Of course it will center around them and their challenges and battles. You already know U7 will win or some kind of technicality. Guess you want to see characters you have no invested interest before or after have epic fights at the expense of characters youve grown up with.

Remember the other world tournament? Olibu vs Pikkon is the most epic fight ever for me in DB. The music the pace the awe of it. But no one ever talks about it because it was two fighters you dont care about. Pikkon is the only one mentioned because he fought the fighter you are invested in which ia Goku.

I think you're right. There may have been characters with considerable power, taken out by the likes of Hit or Jiren. The focus is on the trials and tribulations of the U7 fighters, and select moments focusing on U6 and U11 characters built up during the lead in episodes before the tournament. I don't think the tournament is full of weaklings well below the U7 roster, consider the power level of the U6 characters and the Pride Troopers. I think Ribrianne is going to be a power house in the coming episodes, and the U2 fighters showcased a pretty high power level. They're definitely well beyond the lower tier of U7 fighters like Tien, Roshi, and 18. I think Piccolo and above posses an uncommon level of power given what we've seen, but consider the allies and foes they've had to contend with over the years. You have to work on another level to try to compete with the Sayians or defeat Frieza. A good portion of the Z fighters dedicate themselves fully to training, including Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, and Tien. Frieza is a prodigy. Gohan was born with a latent power and ability beyond the level most warriors can achieve in a lifetime. Android 17 is artificially enhanced, and posses the ability to train continuously without the need for food or rest. We haven't really gone that deeply into the lives of warriors form other universes. It's possible they don't dedicate themselves fully to training, or their universe doesn't have races with the ability to gain power like the Sayians or Frieza's race. I think some of the other universes came with a median level comparable to U7, but they fall outside the focus of the U7 fighters.

Lapislettuce
    Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:28 am

larzooma wrote:I think we're witnessing a logical progression in battle royals. The weaker fighters are being eliminated, while the stronger fighters are either taking out as many low level opponents as possible or conserving energy for the strongest fighters. Although it does seem that the bulk of U7 falls in the upper echelon of fighters, unlike the other universes, we've yet to see weaker fighters like Roshi and Tien fight on their own. Even android 18 required assistance to stay alive, and likely won't last long against stronger opponents. Fighters like 17 and Piccolo provide a bit of mystery in terms of their overall power, and how well they can compete against top tier fighters. I think Ribrianne will stomp 17, if they actually fight in the coming episode, and emerge as one of the more powerful fighters in the tournament. In time we will see other high level opponents come to light outside the list of characters they've revealed prior to the tournament. Considering the power Goku, Vegeta, Golden Frieza, and, I'd argue, Gohan posses, it takes a special fighter to compete. As of right now, we only know of Hit, Jiren, Toppo, possibly Kale (in her Berserk form) with the ability to hold their own against the top U7 fighters. I'd imagine a few more will come to light in the coming episodes. If not, characters like 17 and Piccolo may last a little while, and have an episode or two dedicated to their battles, but they won't be able to compete against the likes of Hit or Jiren.
    17 and Piccolo aren't in the same level at all ! 17 is stronger or equal to Gohan ! don't get why you're putting 17 in the same tier as Piccolo.

larzooma
    Beyond Newbie

Post by larzooma » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:39 am

Lapislettuce wrote:
    larzooma wrote:I think we're witnessing a logical progression in battle royals. The weaker fighters are being eliminated, while the stronger fighters are either taking out as many low level opponents as possible or conserving energy for the strongest fighters. Although it does seem that the bulk of U7 falls in the upper echelon of fighters, unlike the other universes, we've yet to see weaker fighters like Roshi and Tien fight on their own. Even android 18 required assistance to stay alive, and likely won't last long against stronger opponents. Fighters like 17 and Piccolo provide a bit of mystery in terms of their overall power, and how well they can compete against top tier fighters. I think Ribrianne will stomp 17, if they actually fight in the coming episode, and emerge as one of the more powerful fighters in the tournament. In time we will see other high level opponents come to light outside the list of characters they've revealed prior to the tournament. Considering the power Goku, Vegeta, Golden Frieza, and, I'd argue, Gohan posses, it takes a special fighter to compete. As of right now, we only know of Hit, Jiren, Toppo, possibly Kale (in her Berserk form) with the ability to hold their own against the top U7 fighters. I'd imagine a few more will come to light in the coming episodes. If not, characters like 17 and Piccolo may last a little while, and have an episode or two dedicated to their battles, but they won't be able to compete against the likes of Hit or Jiren.
    17 and Piccolo aren't in the same level at all ! 17 is stronger or equal to Gohan ! don't get why you're putting 17 in the same tier as Piccolo.

I never stated they're equal. I mentioned the two as characters with a bit of mystery on their true power level. I'd argue Piccolo is well beyond what people think given the events of 88 and 90, and I hope we get a clear example of his power. Especially now that we know there's two Namekians on U6 that offer perfect opponents for an episode or two focusing on Piccolo. My point was the U7 team from Piccolo up possess an uncommon level of power given what we've seen from the other universes.

larzooma
    Beyond Newbie

Post by larzooma » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:45 am

larzooma wrote:
    Lapislettuce wrote:

I never stated they're equal. I mentioned the two as characters with a bit of mystery on their true power level. I'd argue Piccolo is well beyond what people think given the events of 88 and 90, and I hope we get a clear example of his power. Especially now that we know there's two Namekians on U6 that offer perfect opponents for an episode or two focusing on Piccolo. My point was the U7 team from Piccolo up possess an uncommon level of power given what we've seen from the other universes.
    Consider Caulifla's proud accomplishment was attaining SSJ2. Piccolo decimated a SSJ2 Gohan on the verge of transforming with relative ease. Other than Hit and Kale in Berserker Form, she's one of the strongest fighters form their universe. From what we've seen so far, most of the fighters in the tournament aren't powerful enough to eliminate the U7 fighters, outside of Tien, Roshi, and 18. Hopefully we get to finally see an all out display of Piccolo's power, outside an ambigous fight with Frost and a limited spar with Gohan. I have a feeling people will be suprised how closely he falls to the likes of 17, and how far they ultimately fall behind the big four Goku, Vegeta, Golden Frieza, and Gohan.

Lapislettuce
    Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:51 am

larzooma wrote:
    larzooma wrote:
    Lapislettuce wrote: 17 and Piccolo aren't in the same level at all ! 17 is stronger or equal to Gohan ! don't get why you're putting 17 in the same tier as Piccolo.

Consider Caulifla's proud accomplishment was attaining SSJ2. Piccolo decimated a SSJ2 Gohan on the verge of transforming with relative ease. Other than Hit and Kale in Berserker Form, she's one of the strongest fighters form their universe. From what we've seen so far, most of the fighters in the tournament aren't powerful enough to eliminate the U7 fighters, outside of Tien, Roshi, and 18. Hopefully we get to finally see an all out display of Piccolo's power, outside an ambigous fight with Frost and a limited spar with Gohan. I have a feeling people will be suprised how closely he falls to the likes of 17, and how far they ultimately fall behind the big four Goku, Vegeta, Golden Frieza, and Gohan.
    17 and Piccolo's power difference is HUGE, unless Piccolo pulls something out of no where you can't put him with 17 AT ALL, 17 is up there in the top 5, he's been promoted as one of the strongest. he won't get nerfed.

Lapislettuce
    Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:06 am

Lapislettuce wrote:
    larzooma wrote:
    larzooma wrote:

17 and Piccolo's power difference is HUGE, unless Piccolo pulls something out of no where you can't put him with 17 AT ALL, 17 is up there in the top 5, he's been promoted as one of the strongest. he won't get nerfed.
    17 estabished himself as a ssb tier, Piccolo as a buu saga ultimate Gohan tier. nothing to compare here, you should compare 17 to Gohan and even then 17 has still shown to be stronger than Gohan.

larzooma
    Beyond Newbie

Post by larzooma » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:17 am

Lapislettuce wrote:
    Lapislettuce wrote:
    larzooma wrote:
    17 estabished himself as a ssb tier, Piccolo as a buu saga ultimate Gohan tier. nothing to compare here, you should compare 17 to Gohan and even then 17 has still shown to be stronger than Gohan.

All we can say for sure about 17 is he's powerful enough to force Goku to transform into SSJB. At best Goku was at low to mid level SSJB during their spar. From the events of 88, Piccolo far outclassed a SSJ2 Gohan. He also spent hours training with him at his Ultimate Level without the need to use his sensu bean prior ot the 2v2s with Goku and TIen. From what we've directly seen and a little head cannon based on his training with Gohan, I'd place him somewhere around SSJ3 Goku level, which isn't far behind low level SSJB in terms of pure power given how strong Goku's become in his base form. As of late, Goku's initial power increase between SSJ2 and SSJB doesn't seem to provide him with the clear and considerable difference one might expect. I agree 17 is probably the 5th strongest and Piccolo is the 6th. If we're lucky enough to see two concrete examples of 17 and Piccolo's power in the tournament, I think people will be surprised by how small the gap is between them. Only time will tell.

Gohan on the other hand is leagues above 17. By the end of the spar, his power increased to a level rivaling Goku at full level SSJB. When he powers up and declares he's now at his full power, he meets Goku blow for blow before being outclassed by Kiao Ken (which outclasses all U7 fighters). Unless 17 is hiding a large amount of power, it's hard to believe he's at the same level. A possible new level of power, either by achieving a new transformation or reaching a new plateau, has been alluded to for Gohan. Given what we've seen, Gohan's entering the tournament with a considerable gap between himself and 17 based on what we've seen, and I think it's only going to grow when Gohan starts to fight for real.

Lapislettuce
    Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:21 am

larzooma wrote:
    Lapislettuce wrote:
    Lapislettuce wrote: 17 and Piccolo's power difference is HUGE, unless Piccolo pulls something out of no where you can't put him with 17 AT ALL, 17 is up there in the top 5, he's been promoted as one of the strongest. he won't get nerfed.

All we can say for sure about 17 is he's powerful enough to force Goku to transform into SSJB. At best Goku was at low to mid level SSJB during their spar. From the events of 88, Piccolo far outclassed a SSJ2 Gohan. He also spent hours training with him at his Ultimate Level without the need to use his sensu bean prior ot the 2v2s with Goku and TIen. From what we've directly seen and a little head cannon based on his training with Gohan, I'd place him somewhere around SSJ3 Goku level, which isn't far behind low level SSJB in terms of pure power given how strong Goku's become in his base form. As of late, Goku's initial power increase between SSJ2 and SSJB doesn't seem to provide him with the clear and considerable difference one might expect. I agree 17 is probably the 5th strongest and Piccolo is the 6th. If we're lucky enough to see two concrete examples of 17 and Piccolo's power in the tournament, I think people will be surprised by how small the gap is between them. Only time will tell.

Gohan on the other hand is leagues above 17. By the end of the spar, his power increased to a level rivaling Goku at full level SSJB. When he powers up and declares he's now at his full power, he meets Goku blow for blow before being outclassed by Kiao Ken (which outclasses all U7 fighters). Unless 17 is hiding a large amount of power, it's hard to believe he's at the same level. A possible new level of power, either by achieving a new transformation or reaching a new plateau, has been alluded to for Gohan. Given what we've seen, Gohan's entering the tournament with a considerable gap between himself and 17 based on what we've seen, and I think it's only going to grow when Gohan starts to fight for real.
    See i think you're wrong 17 being able to push Goku to ssb already means he's ssb tier, he's up there, he fought on par with ssb Goku and both were holding back, we don't know how much either were holding back but i would say it was pretty close considering 17 looked uninterested and bored compared to Goku.
    Gohan was already full power against ssj2 Goku and he had trouble against him, he kept asking his dad to fight serious so Goku went ssb with 17 he HAD TO, with Gohan he was ASKED TO, Gohan did fight ssb but 2 seconds is too short to determine he stands above 17 who fought ssb longer and was holding back not to mention Gohan forced him self so much he ended up fainting.

larzooma
    Beyond Newbie

Post by larzooma » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:30 am

Lapislettuce wrote:
    larzooma wrote:
    Lapislettuce wrote: 17 estabished himself as a ssb tier, Piccolo as a buu saga ultimate Gohan tier. nothing to compare here, you should compare 17 to Gohan and even then 17 has still shown to be stronger than Gohan.

See i think you're wrong 17 being able to push Goku to ssb already means he's ssb tier, he's up there, he fought on par with ssb Goku and both were holding back, we don't know how much either were holding back but i would say it was pretty close considering 17 looked uninterested and bored compared to Goku.
    Gohan was already full power against ssj2 Goku and he had trouble against him, he kept asking his dad to fight serious so Goku went ssb with 17 he HAD TO, with Gohan he was ASKED TO, Gohan did fight ssb but 2 seconds is too short to determine he stands above 17 who fought ssb longer and was holding back not to mention Gohan forced him self so much he ended up fainting.

Gohan starts the fight by powering up to his full level, and even tells Goku he's at his current max. Gohan isn't like Goku. He wouldn't present a power level as his max as a ploy to test his opponent or hold back as a tactic. Despite starting at what he believes to be his full power, he powers up beyond on two occasions, even going as far as telling Goku as he flew towards him at fully powered SSJB that he's now at his full power and he's going to show his father his ability. His fight against Goku is as much apart of his training as his time with Piccolo. His desire to impress his father with his new found power drives him to achieve new levels. By the end of the fight, Gohan's able to go blow for blow with Goku at his max power minus KK. Goku easily outclasses him when he goes KK. Goku would outclass everyone on the U7 team with Kiao Ken. At best, Vegeta and Golden Frieza are slightly above him in terms of power without factoring in a possible 10 or 20 fold increase. It's the reason Goku is always at a considerable level above the rest.