How funny would it be if...

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

How funny would it be if...

Post by supercat » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:33 pm

The new Namekians turned out to be fodders who serve no real purpose other than being background characters with a few lines?

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Re: How funny would it be if...

Post by Jigurashi » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:41 pm

It'd be hilarious! :P

Real talk, it'd be fairly lame. It's a possibility but I wouldn't want it. You got anything against Namekians?

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:48 pm

Jigurashi wrote:It'd be hilarious! :P

Real talk, it'd be fairly lame. It's a possibility but I wouldn't want it. You got anything against Namekians?
If you look at his latest comments he seems to hate Piccolo so that might be why.

It would be the most stupid thing Toriyama has ever done if he does that to the Namekians.

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:56 pm

That'd be even more wasted potential from Super, so I would be annoyed as hell but not surprised honestly. :yawn:

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:15 pm

I expect and hope something like that will happen. As Vegeta once said about Piccolo's powerup during the Android/Cell arc: "He's nothing more than a mere Namek."

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:18 pm

i think that one of the namekians will be knocked out by Piccolo, and Piccolo by the other. I hope that they serve a purpose in this ToP

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:27 pm

I expect them to get the Kurama wannabe treatment or torture.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:43 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:I expect and hope something like that will happen. As Vegeta once said about Piccolo's powerup during the Android/Cell arc: "He's nothing more than a mere Namek."
Vegeta will be saying the exact same thing again when Piccolo gets a power up from them.

supercat

Post by supercat » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:55 pm

Kanious wrote:i think that one of the namekians will be knocked out by Piccolo, and Piccolo by the other. I hope that they serve a purpose in this ToP
So getting knocked out by some weakling is serving a purpose?

If there's any hope for them, it's for them to knock Piccolo out, making him realize that he's been slacking off far too long. They should then show that they themselves are SSB-tier before proceeding to face off against other SSB-tier powerhouses like Goku, Vegeta, Android 17, or Frieza.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:07 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:I expect and hope something like that will happen. As Vegeta once said about Piccolo's powerup during the Android/Cell arc: "He's nothing more than a mere Namek."
Vegeta will be saying the exact same thing again when Piccolo gets a power up from them.

Piccolo and Vegeta respect each other so their fans should get along.

I hope the Namekians are cool characters and Piccolo gets some good fights. And of course I hope the same for Vegeta.

supercat

Post by supercat » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:37 pm

Those Namekians fighting on par with Piccolo would mean they're basically going to end up as fodders. Piccolo is nothing on the power scale these days, and I would hate to see brand new characters to debut as weaklings.

Piccolo's really pathetic. If that humiliating loss from Frost along with Goku's mockery weren't wake up calls, I don't know what'll actually get him to take his training more seriously. Even he himself probably sees himself as a weakling, seeing as how he rejected Goku's invitation to train. Maybe if he had actually gone with Goku and Vegeta, he would have ended up somewhere relevant.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:07 pm

supercat wrote:Those Namekians fighting on par with Piccolo would mean they're basically going to end up as fodders. Piccolo is nothing on the power scale these days, and I would hate to see brand new characters to debut as weaklings.

Piccolo's really pathetic. If that humiliating loss from Frost along with Goku's mockery weren't wake up calls, I don't know what'll actually get him to take his training more seriously. Even he himself probably sees himself as a weakling, seeing as how he rejected Goku's invitation to train. Maybe if he had actually gone with Goku and Vegeta, he would have ended up somewhere relevant.
He does take his training seriously. He just has no potential. Absolutely none.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

supercat

Post by supercat » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:42 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
supercat wrote:Those Namekians fighting on par with Piccolo would mean they're basically going to end up as fodders. Piccolo is nothing on the power scale these days, and I would hate to see brand new characters to debut as weaklings.

I think he takes it seriously to the point where he'll maintain his power, but not actually put in the strenuous effort to make drastic upgrades. If he were that serious, he wouldn't have rejected Goku's offer to train. He would have gone into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and given it his best. He trained with SSJ Goku with his puny Namek Saga powerlevel before so why not now?

Or it could just be what I wrote about earlier. He thinks so lowly of himself that he feels he's not worthy of training with someone like Goku. What would have made it even worse is if Piccolo trained with Tien. Those two need to stay as far away from each other as possible. They shouldn't really interact unless it's Piccolo belittling Tien or calling him weak. Any form of teamwork, training, and friendship (especially) between Piccolo and Tien would be awful.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:42 pm

They'll show up, say "Are you Namekian?" to Piccolo, and seconds later both get kicked out by Vegeta while Piccolo gets kicked out by Caulifla or Kale. Then the saiyans hog the spotlight again.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:11 pm

I'd love if Piccolo absorbs/fuses with one of them. That would actually be pretty cool

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:53 am

I feel like since we are dwindling down to the final 30, I feel like there is less fodder and more focus on the characters that stay. I mean if they were mere fodder, they would have been eliminated by now.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:02 am

I don't see them being any more prominent than, say Harmila and Prum. Maybe less, since those guys at least got a whole episode to themselves.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:46 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:I'd love if Piccolo absorbs/fuses with one of them. That would actually be pretty cool
I hope that doesn't happen. I don't want new characters here just for the sake of having Piccolo absorb them.
GreatSaiyaJeff wrote:I feel like since we are dwindling down to the final 30, I feel like there is less fodder and more focus on the characters that stay. I mean if they were mere fodder, they would have been eliminated by now.
You say this, but in the grand scheme of things, Jimizu was fodder to the top dogs, yet he was there until 108. Hell, Caulifla herself isn't all that powerful compared to the top and high tier fighters.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:06 am

supercat wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:

I think he takes it seriously to the point where he'll maintain his power, but not actually put in the strenuous effort to make drastic upgrades. If he were that serious, he wouldn't have rejected Goku's offer to train. He would have gone into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and given it his best. He trained with SSJ Goku with his puny Namek Saga powerlevel before so why not now?

Or it could just be what I wrote about earlier. He thinks so lowly of himself that he feels he's not worthy of training with someone like Goku. What would have made it even worse is if Piccolo trained with Tien. Those two need to stay as far away from each other as possible. They shouldn't really interact unless it's Piccolo belittling Tien or calling him weak. Any form of teamwork, training, and friendship (especially) between Piccolo and Tien would be awful.
Piccolo already got stronger this arc and Goku does not mock because he actually went to him straight away to recruit him without Gohan even knowing. He went there becuase Goku knows he likes to fight strong opponents and Piccolo said the same thing.

You need to stop with this ridiculous Piccolo and Tien hate.

I think the Namekians are stronger than Piccolo and their purpose is to make Piccolo stronger either during or after the tournament.
Jigurashi wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:I'd love if Piccolo absorbs/fuses with one of them. That would actually be pretty cool
I hope that doesn't happen. I don't want new characters here just for the sake of having Piccolo absorb them.
GreatSaiyaJeff wrote:I feel like since we are dwindling down to the final 30, I feel like there is less fodder and more focus on the characters that stay. I mean if they were mere fodder, they would have been eliminated by now.
You say this, but in the grand scheme of things, Jimizu was fodder to the top dogs, yet he was there until 108. Hell, Caulifla herself isn't all that powerful compared to the top and high tier fighters.
The Namekians are still in after Frost which should mean something and the fact they are a race we know should mean they get treated decently. The numbers keep decreasing but they do not appear for some reason.

Caulifla should have been knocked out already and will get demolished the next time she fights.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:43 am

When Piccolo talked about entering the Time Chamber back in the Cell arc, Vegeta said: "You honestly don't expect to become as strong as a Saiyan, do you?!"

And later in DB Super just before the U6 Tournament started, Goku asked Piccolo to come and join him and Vegeta in the RoSaT, with Piccolo replying: "No, i rather just go and train on my own, i realised the folly of trying to keep up with a Saiyan."