After words of Goku, I believe, universes may not be erased

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

After words of Goku, I believe, universes may not be erased

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:04 pm

:think: What if Goku has a special agreement with Zen-Ohs and Grand Priest. And all this stuff about erasure of universes is just a lie to motivate fighters for a great tournament that enjoy both Zen-Ohs and for some other purposes as well.

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Re: After words of Goku, I believe, universes may not be erased

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:15 pm

I've noticed Goku and some others saying "Lets meet/fight again after this", which he told Kale and Caulifla last episode. Even though their is no "next time" for the losers in this tournament in theory.

Goku is going to win mvp, and he's going to wish all the erased universes back (So they can all become stronger and potentially fight him again), he basically admitted as much this episode.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:41 pm

He's the protagonist, of course everything will be alright at the end.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:45 pm

Um... I think it's a little bit too late for that theory.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:43 am

Asura wrote:Um... I think it's a little bit too late for that theory.

Actuallly, not. They may be not erased, but teleported somewhere. Even into another dimension. Why not?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:26 am

What about Frost who legitimately angered Zen-Oh ?

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:15 am

Goku DOES seem to be the only one forgetting the stakes all the time, so I kinda hope you're right since otherwise he's just being an idiot.

Majin Jator
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Jator » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:36 am

Ranmaru Rei wrote::think: What if Goku has a special agreement with Zen-Ohs and Grand Priest. And all this stuff about erasure of universes is just a lie to motivate fighters for a great tournament that enjoy both Zen-Ohs and for some other purposes as well.
I though that was a possibility at the beginning of the arc, but the manga shows that the erasure of the universes is indeed Zeno's idea.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:39 am

Quite honestly no one is acting that concerned. Every once and awhile you get an emotional moment like when Gohan saw the photo of the family or when Cabba told Vegeta there would be no chance to keep the promise. But for the most part everyone looks like they are having a grand ol time out there.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:12 am

I just think it's his overly positive nature that keeps him from feeling any pressure. Maybe overconfidence too, if he plans to be the person the get the free wish. I'm pretty sure he, like Vegeta, always intended to wish everyone back.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:26 am

When Jiren wins the tournament, the punchline is going to be him wishing for all 12 universes to be brought back / preserved.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:30 am

Kinokima wrote:Quite honestly no one is acting that concerned. Every once and awhile you get an emotional moment like when Gohan saw the photo of the family or when Cabba told Vegeta there would be no chance to keep the promise. But for the most part everyone looks like they are having a grand ol time out there.
I think once people are eliminated they get concerned...it's like....You're confident your team will be the one to win until you're out and feel helpless.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:40 am

Duo wrote:When Jiren wins the tournament, the punchline is going to be him wishing for all 12 universes to be brought back / preserved.
It would be interesting if another universe wins. Heck I would settle for U7 winning but Goku being eliminated.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:12 am

The entire premise of the tournament is to determine which universe will be the sole survivor out of the eight convoluted junk worlds that have clogged up the arrangement. If the characters are resurrected then I would hope for it to entail just the inhabitants and maybe their planets, but not the universes themselves. It would otherwise defeat the entire reason for why this tournament is being waged in the first place.

Yedis
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yedis » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:14 am

Saw a prediction on reddit that we will end up with 7 Universes after the tournament.

12 was said to be too many
4 universes with high mortal levels.

So they will meet in between to give us 7 Universes.

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:16 am

Duo wrote:When Jiren wins the tournament, the punchline is going to be him wishing for all 12 universes to be brought back / preserved.
This is what i think since the beginning of the ToP. I can't see Jiren being defeated, at least in power. To have him winning and wishing all universes back for "justice" would be amazing.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:37 am

I love the "wish" back theory because its the only theory people have.

Then Grand Priest says. Sure, go ahead and Zeno will re-erased them right after you use your Super Dragonball Wish, and you and your whole universe too..

These characters aren't stupid, you would need to make a wish that is Zen'o proof...

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:15 pm

dario03 wrote:
It would be interesting if another universe wins. Heck I would settle for U7 winning but Goku being eliminated.
The possibilities have reached a point where any outcome will probably be disappointing.

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:20 pm

TheMikado wrote:I love the "wish" back theory because its the only theory people have.

Then Grand Priest says. Sure, go ahead and Zeno will re-erased them right after you use your Super Dragonball Wish, and you and your whole universe too..

These characters aren't stupid, you would need to make a wish that is Zen'o proof...
Makes far more sense than your "reset" theory about them wishing to not have met Beerus and acting like all that's happened didn't happen.

Also considering its already been stated U7 has only 28 or so planets with intellgent life in its entire universe, they can easily just wish all the losing universe in the ToP to merge with U7 and bring along all their lifeforms to U7 since it has plenty of room apparently. Allowing for Zeno to erase the universes, while also bringing up U7 "mortal level" and being able to potentially use these characters again in future arcs.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:27 pm

Ilikepictures-meh wrote:
TheMikado wrote:I love the "wish" back theory because its the only theory people have.

Makes far more sense than your "reset" theory about them wishing to not have met Beerus and acting like all that's happened didn't happen.

Also considering its already been stated U7 has only 28 or so planets with intellgent life in its entire universe, they can easily just wish all the losing universe in the ToP to merge with U7 and bring along all their lifeforms to U7 since it has plenty of room apparently. Allowing for Zeno to erase the universes, while also bringing up U7 "mortal level" and being able to potentially use these characters again in future arcs.
The point i'm making is that nothings stopping Zen'o from getting ticked off about someone subverting him through a wish and wiping everything out. You need a legitimate mechanism that doesn't rely on Zen'o not getting angry. That's the point.
It's what good authors do. Your alternative 100000% rely's on Zen'o being cool with whatever the characters decide to do and not destroying everything which isn't something any of the characters in universe would realistically want to risk. For instance there is no way Jiren or Toppo would risk wished everyone back if the won, as it could piss Zen'o off and get them destroyed. None of that theory of wished everyone back makes sense given we don't know who will win or how Zen'o or the Grand Priest will react. It would be a horrible plan in-universe let alone out of universe.
Duo wrote:
dario03 wrote:
The possibilities have reached a point where any outcome will probably be disappointing.
Pretty much, the options are very slim which is the point. The problem is narratively the audience 100% assumes all the erased people are coming back some kind of way so the tension isn't effective at all because the audience already assumes no one is getting permanently erased.