Dragon Ball Super's writing - a thought experiment

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Re: Dragon Ball Super's writing - a thought experiment

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:12 am

Exline wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
supersaiyanZero wrote:

Justice League? Batman TAS? Batman Beyond? Jackie Chan Adventures? Samurai Jack? The list goes on and on. It's evident to anybody with a brain cell the level of disparity in writing when compared to Super.
I asked him to detail how the writing is better. And why.

Please back up your examples?

I could just as easily say "no Super is better"....This is just becoming an "argument" over opinioin now. I dont want to do that

This is the kind of toxic behavior from the Super detractors that I'm talking about

Instead of actually debating and even trying to acknowledge the good in Super too, you simply say "no, anyone with a brain can see that Super sucks in comparison/is a bad show"

The negativity around Super has become so toxic and shuts down any kind of healthy debate. Why is this allowed, but yet being positive about Super is frowned upon?
ZenkaiBoosts in every thread i see your replies, you love to put the pressure on people who do not agree with you. There is no need to call his behavior toxic when he never flat out says there is nothing good about super. He is not exactly wrong when it comes to Super's inconsistent writing. Why do you think episodes 106, 119, and 128 we're met with such a negative response? I never heard anyone complain about the story in Batman Beyond or Samurai Jack's writing.
If you simply look objectively at the situation, you can see what I'm talking about.

128 was well received too. It's all subjective though. There is nothing factual about "this episode sucked, or that episode was great"

Maybe look outside your own personal bubble and get a complete set of opinions on episodes across different platforms? When you get a look at a wide set of opinions like that, you can get a clearer picture of consensus. Believe me 128 was very well received. Is it because you simply choose to never read the positive opinions about Super -or acknowledge any good in Super? Yes, Super has flaws, but it also has positives that some are dead set on never acknowledging.

You want to know why hes toxic, and why behavior like yours is toxic? Because anyone who likes Super is just a kid according to you both. It's just a kids show that has flaws. There's no way anyone could actually ever like it according to you both. That's why i said toxic. Why is it so hard to understand or accept that people can actually legit like Super too? You want people to be accepting that Super has flaws (which no one denies) yet you will never acknowledge any of the positives. Its like what I have said in the past. That detractors will challenge and even insult anyone who likes Super, yet can't handle when their negative opinions are challenged. Where did this idea come from that negative opinions can't be challenged? They can be challenged every much as the positive ones are on this board. Calling anyone who likes Super, brain dead or an apologist is what's toxic. That's absolutely terrible. And that's why I've said what I've said. Yet you defend that because you are on that side of the fence

And yes, I bet you I could find instances of people complaining about the writing in Batman beyond and samuari jack. If people nitpicked those shows a fraction as much as Super gets nitpicked, I'm sure you would be able to tear those shows to shreds: )

Heck, I will do the samaria jack one myself for you. That show was mediocre lol. If it were so good why did it never become mainstream popular like Dragon Ball/Super is?

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super's writing - a thought experiment

Post by supersaiyanZero » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:56 pm

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Exline wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote: I asked him to detail how the writing is better. And why.

Please back up your examples?

I could just as easily say "no Super is better"....This is just becoming an "argument" over opinioin now. I dont want to do that

This is the kind of toxic behavior from the Super detractors that I'm talking about

Instead of actually debating and even trying to acknowledge the good in Super too, you simply say "no, anyone with a brain can see that Super sucks in comparison/is a bad show"

The negativity around Super has become so toxic and shuts down any kind of healthy debate. Why is this allowed, but yet being positive about Super is frowned upon?
ZenkaiBoosts in every thread i see your replies, you love to put the pressure on people who do not agree with you. There is no need to call his behavior toxic when he never flat out says there is nothing good about super. He is not exactly wrong when it comes to Super's inconsistent writing. Why do you think episodes 106, 119, and 128 we're met with such a negative response? I never heard anyone complain about the story in Batman Beyond or Samurai Jack's writing.
If you simply look objectively at the situation, you can see what I'm talking about.

128 was well received too. It's all subjective though. There is nothing factual about "this episode sucked, or that episode was great"

Maybe look outside your own personal bubble and get a complete set of opinions on episodes across different platforms? When you get a look at a wide set of opinions like that, you can get a clearer picture of consensus. Believe me 128 was very well received. Is it because you simply choose to never read the positive opinions about Super -or acknowledge any good in Super? Yes, Super has flaws, but it also has positives that some are dead set on never acknowledging.

You want to know why hes toxic, and why behavior like yours is toxic? Because anyone who likes Super is just a kid according to you both. It's just a kids show that has flaws. There's no way anyone could actually ever like it according to you both. That's why i said toxic. Why is it so hard to understand or accept that people can actually legit like Super too? You want people to be accepting that Super has flaws (which no one denies) yet you will never acknowledge any of the positives. Its like what I have said in the past. That detractors will challenge and even insult anyone who likes Super, yet can't handle when their negative opinions are challenged. Where did this idea come from that negative opinions can't be challenged? They can be challenged every much as the positive ones are on this board. Calling anyone who likes Super, brain dead or an apologist is what's toxic. That's absolutely terrible. And that's why I've said what I've said. Yet you defend that because you are on that side of the fence

And yes, I bet you I could find instances of people complaining about the writing in Batman beyond and samuari jack. If people nitpicked those shows a fraction as much as Super gets nitpicked, I'm sure you would be able to tear those shows to shreds: )

Heck, I will do the samaria jack one myself for you. That show was mediocre lol. If it were so good why did it never become mainstream popular like Dragon Ball/Super is?
After this post it is clear that you unable to discuss any creative medium in an intelligent matter. You are trolling or, to be honest, worse. You are unable to comprehend basic fundamentals in writing and evaluating creative works as whole, and your entire argument rests on the idea that if one franchise isn't as popular as the other it means it's not as good. That is absolutely, excuse me language, fucking ludicrous. It is almost as ludicrous to compare the writing behind Batman Beyond and Samurai Jack to something like Super. Like, absolutely fucking ludicrous. Next you will tell me that characterization is better in Super than in Lion King. It tells me you are simply not qualified to express your very one sided, biased opinion in any objective sense. I hate to say this, but I don't think a forum is good for you and I suggest you interest yourself in other creative works so you can develop a foundation for storytelling and come back here and contribute.