A complaint about Piccolo in an NEP for an upcoming episode that has not yet aired and I therefore have not seen

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Re: Really TOEI? Why?

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:45 am

Why is Toei in all caps ? It aint a dam acronym.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:47 am

Piccolo won't lose next week so it doesn't matter.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:49 am

You're getting made over a 3 second clip in a 30 second preview for a 23 minute long episode that doesn't air for another week. Did this really need an entire thread dedicated to it?

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:54 am

I wonder how many people are vowing to quit watching Super forever based on that one clip.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:55 am

Grimlock wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:That's interesting. Didn't know they did that. Is there any more changes?
Yes. Since the tournament got messy, Beerus and Champa decide to do a battle royale (and is indeed a battle royale, not this false advertisement they did for Universe Survival saga, which doesn't feel like a battle royale at all), even those who already got defeated, returned to battle (with a power-up similar to Towa's) and fight against Universe 7's Time Patroller and Goku, the remaining ones at this point.

There are more changes but it's better for you to play this awesome game and experience it, or see Youtube videos.
I'm not interested in the game but I'm curious, so I will go with the second option.Thanks.
precita wrote:I wonder how many people are vowing to quit watching Super forever based on that one clip.
People vow to drop Super every week, but they always come back for more. After 117 episodes no one takes them serious anymore.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Vice
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Vice » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:00 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:You're getting made over a 3 second clip in a 30 second preview for a 23 minute long episode that doesn't air for another week. Did this really need an entire thread dedicated to it?
Of course.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:04 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:
precita wrote:I wonder how many people are vowing to quit watching Super forever based on that one clip.
People vow to drop Super every week, but they always come back for more. After 117 episodes no one takes them serious anymore.
I don't remember if it was Episode 3 or 5, but I remember the amount of people who where like, this is unaccetable never watching super again, but like no one did, and this seems to happen like every 4 weeks or so. It's like when people swear off EA but still buy the games. It's really funny.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:05 am

As long as he does not sacrifice himself for gohan,I am fine if he loses.I have already lost hope for this arc.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:08 am

Soppa Saia People wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:
I don't remember if it was Episode 3 or 5, but I remember the amount of people who where like, this is unaccetable never watching super again, but like no one did, and this seems to happen like every 4 weeks or so. It's like when people swear off EA but still buy the games. It's really funny.
There is a reason why 'I will quit Super if this or this happens' became a meme.

On Reddit, people often say 'See you next week' when they see this reaction.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:13 am

Asura wrote:
MegaBossMan wrote:Should... Should Piccolo not get hit a single time being the complaint I'm seeing here? These are fights, they're not going to be one-sided and both Gohan and Piccolo will receive some pain; it's not that big a deal.
The last shot of Piccolo bears a significant resemblance to him saving Gohan from Nappa's attack, hence people are upset that it appears Piccolo might be sacrificing himself to save Gohan for like the 8th time.
That would seriously piss me off. Such déjà vu in a bad way.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:14 am

Vice wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:You're getting made over a 3 second clip in a 30 second preview for a 23 minute long episode that doesn't air for another week. Did this really need an entire thread dedicated to it?
Of course.
Vice is playing it correctly. Good to stay pessimistic, it always ends bad when one has high expectations.

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:15 am

omaro34 wrote:
Vice wrote:
Of course.
Vice is playing it correctly. Good to stay pessimistic, it always ends bad when one has high expectations.
Staying pessimistic is one thing, but this hardly needed a thread.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:17 am

omaro34 wrote:
Vice wrote:
Of course.
I'm all for pessimism, but it gets tiring after a while, not gonna lie.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:18 am

HeroR wrote:
omaro34 wrote:
Vice wrote:
Of course.
Staying pessimistic is one thing, but this hardly needed a thread.
No it didn't. Emotional response of this happening far too many times I guess.

If he's screwed next week expect more threads after the episode airs though.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:24 am

The Non-thread-worthy discussions thread or the things that grinds your gears thread would have been a lot better for this, to be honest.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:31 am

If Piccolo dies here, he'll officially be the most killed character in the franchise, more-so than Krillin.

Yet who will be the one to still get mocked tirelessly? :think:

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:32 am

Chill out dude. The episode hasn't even come out yet. I just hope next episode focuses more on Gohan and Piccolo vs U6 Namekians instead of the low stamina Goku going against 3 U2 opponents
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:45 am

Vice wrote:Just please don't fuck over Piccolo again, TOEI.
How would we know if this is a Toei thing? Toriyama himself hasn't shown much interest in giving Piccolo much of anything for all of Super.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:51 am

I'm pretty sure he's not out. 119's title implies that we haven't had an elimination till then.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:52 am

Jigurashi wrote:
Vice wrote:Just please don't fuck over Piccolo again, TOEI.
How would we know if this is a Toei thing? Toriyama himself hasn't shown much interest in giving Piccolo much of anything for all of Super.
I still remember the theory that Toei made Piccolo lose to Frost to make Vegeta look good because Toei was filled with Vegeta fanboys.
Kanassa wrote: