Who is your favorite character in DBS and DBZ?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lapislettuce
Banned

Re: Who is your favorite character in DBS and DBZ?

Post by Lapislettuce » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:25 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:17 in both.
Your the Biggest Fan of 17 I have ever meet Lapislettuce, been wanting to ask for awhile of out of great respect with how you support 17, why is 17 you Favorite?! :) :thumbup:
I like his attitude a lot, ever since he was introduced i fell in love with the design, the way he acted and talked, he was very chill which is unusual for a db character. not to mention i love how he enjoys having and is able to appreciate the little things in life such as driving when he's a powerful cyborg who can fly and get to any place in seconds. i loved the way he fought and how ruthless and brutal he was when had to be, i loved how he didn't give up against Cell despite being completely outmatched.
in dbs he went from a very cocky reckless teenager (who i still loved back then) to a mature family man who takes care of animals and has dedicated a portion of his life for that. his defeat against Cell motivated him to get stronger and now eventhough he is much stronger he doesn't brag about it much cuz he learned how to act more than talking which i couldn't say the same about some characters. i could go on tbh. thanks for asking and have a lovely day. <3

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:41 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:17 in both.
Your the Biggest Fan of 17 I have ever meet Lapislettuce, been wanting to ask for awhile of out of great respect with how you support 17, why is 17 you Favorite?! :) :thumbup:
I like his attitude a lot, ever since he was introduced i fell in love with the design, the way he acted and talked, he was very chill which is unusual for a db character. not to mention i love how he enjoys having and is able to appreciate the little things in life such as driving when he's a powerful cyborg who can fly and get to any place in seconds. i loved the way he fought and how ruthless and brutal he was when had to be, i loved how he didn't give up against Cell despite being completely outmatched.
in dbs he went from a very cocky reckless teenager (who i still loved back then) to a mature family man who takes care of animals and has dedicated a portion of his life for that. his defeat against Cell motivated him to get stronger and now eventhough he is much stronger he doesn't brag about it much cuz he learned how to act more than talking which i couldn't say the same about some characters. i could go on tbh. thanks for asking and have a lovely day. <3
You know this is what I like about fandoms the most, the unique fans you meet that find the personal and likable connections to characters that are not the regular Main character or the most popular. It shows that any character can connect to anyone and the beauty in that is how they connect to that fan. :)

I Really enjoyed reading your explanation and thank you for sharing it, Allot of Heart their in Your Fandom for 17 and how he has evolved well in your eyes.

Thanks allot for you Response!

Peace and Honor to You as well! :thumbup:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

IntoTheFire
Beyond Newbie

Post by IntoTheFire » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:25 am

DBZ: Vegeta, Bulma
DBS: (if I only count new characters)Beerus, Belmud, Caulifla, Champa....(I would pick most of them if I could)
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:20 am

Future Trunks, Future Mai, DBS!Frieza, Beerus, Kale, DBS!Vegeta, Zamasu... There's too many character, I can't choose one!
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:40 am

My absolute favourite character is Fused Zamasu.

I adored everything about the character. His ideals, which are very convincing and compelling, his strong sense of justice, his evolution throughout the arc. His origins as a calm and troubled Apprentice Supreme Kai all the way to his ultimate descent into madness, when he lost all sanity and became the very Universe. In an ironic twist of fate, Zamasu became just as mad and brutal as the primitive barbarian he had previously killed on Planet Babari.

What i adored the most about Fused Zamasu is the fact he looks like a Final Fantasty-esque villain, a type of character i personally had never seen before in Dragon Ball. His techniques were very unique and creative; my personal favourites were the Blades of Judgement, which decimated Goku and Vegeta. Such a unique and wonderful design!

I know Fused Zamasu is a somewhat controversial (?) character because of the 'Becoming the Universe' thing, but i think it was a very cool twist. And it makes sense, since it was stated that the fusion between Goku Black and Zamasu, on top of having immortality, was blessed with limitless power and potential. Goodness, who knows what would've happened if Infinite Zamasu (the final stage of Fused Zamasu) had been allowed to continue his expansion throughout time and space!

Also, Shin-ichiro Miki's voice acting was superb, particularily towards the end of the arc. He did a wonderful job in portraying Zamasu's complete fall into madness, and his cracked and desperate voice reflected this fall in Episode 66.

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:18 am

BrolyKale wrote:
MajinMan wrote:Does Dragon Ball not exist anymore? Why just DBZ and DBS?

Anyway, my favorite is Goku and will always be Goku. I really like his character and how he interacts with others.
Heh sorry... I didn't think of DB, never really watched it either. :/
We ya shouldn't ignore the part that's about a third of the series, and also probably the best part of the series. Watch that shit, broski!

DB: My boy Yamcha
DBZ: Future Trunks
DBGT: Baby
DBS: Hit, the only right option! :D

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:07 pm

DB- Goku
DBZ- Goha- Fuck it, Goku
DBS- Everyone sucks it's all on fire and everything hurts
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

TheGreatSaiyaman
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGreatSaiyaman » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:42 pm

DB - Boss Rabbit / Goku
DBZ - Gohan
DBS -(sleeps for 90 episodes)......Gohan / Goku Black / Zamasu
GT - what other characters were there than Goku? I don't remember this one too well :?

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:37 pm

Frieza, and he may be better in this arc than he was in the Namek arc.

Khandom101
Beyond Newbie

Post by Khandom101 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:08 pm

dragon boss z wrote:Frieza, and he may be better in this arc than he was in the Namek arc.
Yeah, he's been great in this arc. I love the interactions between him and Goku.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:14 pm

Khandom101 wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:Frieza, and he may be better in this arc than he was in the Namek arc.
Yeah, he's been great in this arc. I love the interactions between him and Goku.
That will probably be Frieza's best part in this arc as I feel his plan is going to completey fail in a big way.

Khandom101
Beyond Newbie

Post by Khandom101 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:36 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Khandom101 wrote:
That will probably be Frieza's best part in this arc as I feel his plan is going to completey fail in a big way.
I hope not and even if he does I want him to go out with a bang.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:01 pm

Khandom101 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Khandom101 wrote: Yeah, he's been great in this arc. I love the interactions between him and Goku.
I hope not and even if he does I want him to go out with a bang.
Ya I want Frieza to be the winner just because he would be the only one who would wish form something interesting, maybe Jiren would as well but he is a good guy so I'm not expecting much.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:12 pm

I like many characters:

Goku, Vegeta, Beerus, Whis, the Omni-King, The Grand Priest, Hit, Vermoud, (i guess every Hakaishin) Super Buu, Perfect Cell. (Current Frieza is okay i guess).

Dbz: Buutenks! Buuhan and Vegetto. I guess Ultimate Gohan and SSJ2 kid Gohan too.

Super: Goku Black! Hands down!

In terms of personality, i like Goku Black and Perfect Cell the most. They are just AWESOME!

I love Buutenks and Buuhan because of their uniqueness and mystery. Though i love Buutenks the most because of his mind games and superior attitude.

Never liked Freeza though.

So by personality aswell as everything else surrounding him on top of it: It would be Goku Black. (Ma BOY!)

SSJ2 Kid Gohan was my childhood favorite aswell! He was a total BADASS.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:21 pm

My favorite character in both series is Freeza. He is one the greatest villains in anime history. He has a great personality and appearance. I just love everything about him.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

BWri

Post by BWri » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:01 am

TekTheNinja wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:
MajinMan wrote:Does Dragon Ball not exist anymore? Why just DBZ and DBS?

Anyway, my favorite is Goku and will always be Goku. I really like his character and how he interacts with others.
Heh sorry... I didn't think of DB, never really watched it either. :/
We ya shouldn't ignore the part that's about a third of the series, and also probably the best part of the series. Watch that shit, broski!

DB: My boy Yamcha
DBZ: Future Trunks
DBGT: Baby
DBS: Hit, the only right option! :D
Since some of you are adding DB into the mix.

DB: Tien/Yamcha
DBZ: Piccolo
DBS: Zamasu
DBGT: Didn't watch every episode of it, but I guess Super 17/SS4 Goku/Omega Shenron just based off design.

Yamcha needs to bring back the bandit clothes and saber.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:31 pm

DB: Adult Goku , King Piccolo and Piccolo Jr i guess.
Z:Buutenks,Raditz,Future Trunks, android 17 and 18(the good and the evil ones in Trunks future also)
Super: Zamasu,Goku Black, Future Trunks, 17,18, Vados and Kefla.

SsjCookie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SsjCookie » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:30 am

Future Trunks,
because he's a likeable guy who genuinely cares about others and is not afraid to show it.
He did a very decent job defending earth in his timeline despite being the only fighter left and always giving his absolute best.

Lord Beerus,
I like his design and personality, one of the few new characters that grew on me in Super.

Freeza,
Glad that he's still around and as relevant as ever, my all time favourite bad guy.

Bulma,
The only useful female character around and she's not even a fighter.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:01 am

Dragon Ball: Krillin

Dragon Ball Z: Krillin, Frieza, Piccolo

Dragon Ball Super: Frieza, Roshi, Krillin.