Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:27 pm

Btw, what’s up with Beerus’ “He’s coming” line.. Why are people always using that as some kind of meme? Is there something about that line that i’m missing or not?

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:29 pm

Vados_chan wrote:
Miracles wrote:First Gogeta, based off a out of timeline non canon game and now Super Were Monkey 4?

You guys are really over blowing this "Fan service movie" thing out of proportion.

:lol:
Gogeta is happening
:lol: :lol:

kudo6000
Beyond Newbie

Post by kudo6000 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:52 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
kudo6000 wrote:When did I imply that it was?
You do know that there is a quote button right?
That doesn't answer my question. Where did I insinuate that tails were in any way relevant? In fact, my post suggested the opposite.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:12 am

People are free to ignore all the overwhelming evidence of Gogeta but don't act shocked or start complaining when he gets revealed in November.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:09 am

You know what I'm wondering about?

Just what's up with Broly's powered-up black hair form.

It's not his normal base form, but it's also not a known Super Saiyan form. In the footage we've seen so far, this form can even tangle with SSB Goku, AND Broly has the normal AND green-haired Super Saiyan forms on top.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:28 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
MainJPW wrote:
Vados_chan wrote: Gogeta is happening
“He’s coming...”
Don’t celebrate too early because nothing has been confirmed yet. A video game that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the movies has no bearing on it at all.
Serious question, do you realize is actually the opposite, right?

Gogeta is not appearing on the movie because he is getting added to the game. He is getting added on the game because he will appear on the movie. Same with Bandai's merchandise. It's not even the first time this stuff happens at all. Remember when SS Rosé was leaked by merchandise? Or the fact that XV2 and merchandise also spoiled white haired UI Goku? Baggie_Saiyan called it back then before we even knew there was something beyond Omen. Bandai and Dimps are already aware of what will show up in the film so they can prepare. Same reason Vegetto Blue was added on Dokkan the very same day his episode debuted, and with Final Kamehameha already. Or why when Omen was added he still didn't get a Dokkan, because they could not show the white hair yet.

As much as I hate Gogeta showing up on this film, it's happening. You guys being on such denial will just annoy yourselves when the time comes.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:42 am

Ultra Instinct Goku >>> SSJ Blue Gogeta.

Why do people prefer Gogeta again???

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:49 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:People are free to ignore all the overwhelming evidence of Gogeta but don't act shocked or start complaining when he gets revealed in November.
I won’t be shocked, but i will complain nonetheless. That’s my right as a fan. Fans are allowed to voice their complaints on things they don’t agree with from a show. So don’t start telling people what to do. Gogeta being in this movie makes ZERO sense when Ultra Instinct got just introduced. Also, the Potara’s make way more sense aswell. And if Kaioshin isn’t there than Goku can simply use instant transmission to go and collect them. A far better option than teaching Vegeta to learn a stupid dance in the middle of a bloody battle.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:51 am

I prefer UI Gokû personally, but apparently Toei thinks recreating the opening to Budoukai 3 will get more butts in seats. Maybe they're right? This whole movie seems aimed at easy nostalgia.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:03 am

Chuquita wrote:I prefer UI Gokû personally, but apparently Toei thinks recreating the opening to Budoukai 3 will get more butts in seats. Maybe they're right? This whole movie seems aimed at easy nostalgia.
I doubt Gogeta will stop Broly though, from the information we got Broli is stronger than Jiren i.e Ultra instinct. My theory still stands that he is going to fight SS Broli and make him stronger, this is coming from the fact that Ikari Broli is capable of keeping up with SSGSS Goku and Vegeta presumably.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:53 am

Fusions are always stronger than their parts alone. Especially if they are just a form apart. This nonesense that ui is beyond anything is really ridiculous. Goku got zenkais beyond zenkais and needed to complete ui to get to the level of beerus/jiren, while ssb vegito from the zamasu arc was already there. Current vegito or gogeta blue would mega stomp jiren as if he were fodder.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:08 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:Fusions are always stronger than their parts alone. Especially if they are just a form apart. This nonesense that ui is beyond anything is really ridiculous. Goku got zenkais beyond zenkais and needed to complete ui to get to the level of beerus/jiren, while ssb vegito from the zamasu arc was already there. Current vegito or gogeta blue would mega stomp jiren as if he were fodder.
Uh no? Vegito from the Zamasu arc could do nothing against Fusion Zamasu who was taking a Final Kamehameha like it was nothing and Trunks one shot him with the spirit sword, it was also stated that Jiren was the strongest foe they faced up to that point meaning Zamasu is fodder in the ToP and especially not in the same tier as Jiren or Beerus.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:11 am

CTAkuma wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:Fusions are always stronger than their parts alone. Especially if they are just a form apart. This nonesense that ui is beyond anything is really ridiculous. Goku got zenkais beyond zenkais and needed to complete ui to get to the level of beerus/jiren, while ssb vegito from the zamasu arc was already there. Current vegito or gogeta blue would mega stomp jiren as if he were fodder.
Uh no? Vegito from the Zamasu arc could do nothing against Fusion Zamasu who was taking a Final Kamehameha like it was nothing and Trunks one shot him with the spirit sword, it was also stated that Jiren was the strongest foe they faced up to that point meaning Zamasu is fodder in the ToP and especially not in the same tier as Jiren or Beerus.
1.You need to rewatch the fight clearly, he was dominating that fight.

2. Absolute rubbish. For him to be fodder he'd have to be weaker than the entirity of team universe 7.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:19 am

When did this become the strength thread?

Anyway, I'm interested in the fact that Shida is still working on the movie.

Seems he joined the production late, which was probably due to that stupidly long One Piece scene he worked on a while back.

Either way, interested to see if they'll further the CGI. By the looks of it, they seem to be reusing the landscape for RoF. Wonder what the final results for the film will be. Hoping its something like Film Z or parts of BOG, where they covered over the CGI with regular animators drawings. They already kind of seem to be doing that with the regular animated effects.

Something else thats interesting, is that Broly still seems untransformed when he initially fights SSB Goku, this means he has like two levels of transformations to go. Wonder how that'll play out.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:23 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
CTAkuma wrote:

2. Absolute rubbish. For him to be fodder he'd have to be weaker than the entirity of team universe 7.
He wasn't dominating, Zamasu slapped him around and took all his attacks like they were nothing. Vegito just got a few hits in which did no damage

Maybe not fodder, but certainly not keeping up with the top tiers such as Kefla, Toppo, Jiren, SSBE Vegeta

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:24 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
CTAkuma wrote:

No he wasn’t “dominating” that fight at all, his full power Final Kamehameha couldn’t even put a DENT in Merged Zamasu’s shiny new armor. And he hit him HEAD-ON with it. And we all know that both the kamehameha and final flash are finishing moves. Also, Merged Zamasu also striked Vegito down at one point. So no the idea that Vegito was “dominating” this fight is absolutely and self-evidently false. The writings right there on the wall.

Furthermore, as someone already mentioned, Suppressed Jiren was confirmed by Kaioshin to be the toughest opponent they’ve ever faced. And he directly witnessed Zamasu first hand. A being Vegito could not defeat^. What more do i have to proof?

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:26 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:People are free to ignore all the overwhelming evidence of Gogeta but don't act shocked or start complaining when he gets revealed in November.
THIS
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:31 am

Vegito was definitely dominating merged zamasu. Just so happens that he was still kind of immortal.
Anyway. Ssgss gogeta being above ui is no surprise. Especially how massive fusion boosts are for goku and vegeta. Potara or dance. Their Z fusions vastly outstrip gokus ssj3 form in just regular ssj.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:32 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
I won’t be shocked, but i will complain nonetheless. That’s my right as a fan. Fans are allowed to voice their complaints on things they don’t agree with from a show. So don’t start telling people what to do. Gogeta being in this movie makes ZERO sense when Ultra Instinct got just introduced. Also, the Potara’s make way more sense aswell. And if Kaioshin isn’t there than Goku can simply use instant transmission to go and collect them. A far better option than teaching Vegeta to learn a stupid dance in the middle of a bloody battle.
Vegeta doesn’t have to be taught shit. He already seen fusion hundreds of times with Trunks and Goten. And the situation is even set up to be like Fusion Reborn. Goku and Vegeta do the dance while Freeza holds off Broly briefly just like Pikkon did.

The one problem with Super is the mortals relying on the Gods too much and you want it to keep happening by putting Shin and his earrings into the equation when you can just have the mortals rely on there own tactics just as easily?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:44 am

CTAkuma wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
CTAkuma wrote: Uh no? Vegito from the Zamasu arc could do nothing against Fusion Zamasu who was taking a Final Kamehameha like it was nothing and Trunks one shot him with the spirit sword, it was also stated that Jiren was the strongest foe they faced up to that point meaning Zamasu is fodder in the ToP and especially not in the same tier as Jiren or Beerus.

He wasn't dominating, Zamasu slapped him around and took all his attacks like they were nothing. Vegito just got a few hits in which did no damage

Maybe not fodder, but certainly not keeping up with the top tiers such as Kefla, Toppo, Jiren, SSBE Vegeta
GodVegetto91 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
CTAkuma wrote: Uh no? Vegito from the Zamasu arc could do nothing against Fusion Zamasu who was taking a Final Kamehameha like it was nothing and Trunks one shot him with the spirit sword, it was also stated that Jiren was the strongest foe they faced up to that point meaning Zamasu is fodder in the ToP and especially not in the same tier as Jiren or Beerus.

No he wasn’t “dominating” that fight at all, his full power Final Kamehameha couldn’t even put a DENT in Merged Zamasu’s shiny new armor. And he hit him HEAD-ON with it. And we all know that both the kamehameha and final flash are finishing moves. Also, Merged Zamasu also striked Vegito down at one point. So no the idea that Vegito was “dominating” this fight is absolutely and self-evidently false. The writings right there on the wall.

Furthermore, as someone already mentioned, Suppressed Jiren was confirmed by Kaioshin to be the toughest opponent they’ve ever faced. And he directly witnessed Zamasu first hand. A being Vegito could not defeat^. What more do i have to proof?
Saying “Vegito did nothing while Trunks one-shot” is bs. If you followed the anime well enough, you’d know that Vegito’s attacks, while not causing as much on the permanent damage side, were a HUGE help in weakening and wearing down Fused Zamasu’s regeneration abilities and whatever remnants of immortality power he had left since fusing a mortal and immortal weakened the immortal power Zamasu had. And yes, Vegito was dominating the fight. Who was landing most of the hits? Vegito. Who was the one on the defensive most of the time? Fused Zamasu. So in case you don’t know how dominance in a fight works, when you’re beating someone’s ass most of the time and are dealing most of the damage while the opponent is on the defensive most of the time, you’re the dominant fighter.

To say that Vegito in the FT arc wouldn’t be a big dog with Kefla, Toppo, etc in the T.o.P is idiotic to say the least, imo. And hell, Vegito didn’t even go SSBKK which its a fact that he can. And SSBKK Vegito would kick Toppo’s ass. Maybe even kick SSBE Vegeta’s ass.