Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:47 pm

"Goku finally... goes to school. He totally flunks out on his first day, but he finally goes."

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:01 pm

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:37 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:
why is this a spoiler? anyone can make a video saying ''Yamcha will defeat Broly''. No one knows what will happen yet.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:47 pm

IM21 wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:
why is this a spoiler? anyone can make a video saying ''Yamcha will defeat Broly''. No one knows what will happen yet.
because he has actual sources, he knew what would be in the 2nd trailer days before it dropped and even posted about it in here and he was right

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:58 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:You people that enjoy reading plot spoilers are fucking crazy! :lol: I'm outta here once spoilers start dropping after the premiere in Japan. I installed a Google Chrome extension that lets me block channels and their videos on YouTube so I don't run into any spoiler-y thumbnails and titles (Here's the extension if you're interested). I have prepared for this shit. The lead up to Resurrection 'F' made me learn from my mistakes when browsing the web.
Lol that's way too much work. I'm going to embrace the spoilers. I saw the spoilers for RoF but I don't think it ruined the experience for me. Of course, I expect this movie to be way better so if either of them I wouldn't want to see spoilers it is this one.
Jackalope89 wrote:"Goku finally... goes to school. He totally flunks out on his first day, but he finally goes."
"Goku finally goes to school....turns out he's a calculus genius!!!"

Whenever I think of school and Goku I think of that comment by Mistare Fusion in his DIssection video.

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:11 am

Goku finally........kisses Chichi?

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:10 am

I think the most likely answer is that he will finally be able to do UI at will, especially considering the spoilers above. That would be the most boring ending from my perspective but that doesn't make it unlikely. Toyo had Goku achieve that during the TOP; it wouldn't be the first time he teased upcoming events despite being way behind story-wise. And with the anime ending on the note of "I can't just do it", it's an important next hurdle for him to overcome.
Akio Iyoku wrote:Dragon Ball is really Goku’s story, so I’d like you to focus on just what happens with Goku in the new movie. I think the final battle will definitely be something amazing. (DBMFL)
Herms wrote:Apparently the last scene of the movie is really something: "Goku finally...!" (Summary of DBMFL: Tomokazu Sugita.)

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:26 am

They're blowing their load way too early if that's the case; full UI control should be the goal, not just another footnote.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:36 am

Terez wrote:I think the most likely answer is that he will finally be able to do UI at will, especially considering the spoilers above. That would be the most boring ending from my perspective but that doesn't make it unlikely. Toyo had Goku achieve that during the TOP; it wouldn't be the first time he teased upcoming events despite being way behind story-wise. And with the anime ending on the note of "I can't just do it", it's an important next hurdle for him to overcome.
Akio Iyoku wrote:Dragon Ball is really Goku’s story, so I’d like you to focus on just what happens with Goku in the new movie. I think the final battle will definitely be something amazing. (DBMFL)
Herms wrote:Apparently the last scene of the movie is really something: "Goku finally...!" (Summary of DBMFL: Tomokazu Sugita.)
I'd sooner say Goku and Vegeta's coordination being top notch now in the manga is a setup for Gogeta to explain why they'll be able to pull off the dance without needing to practice it.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:20 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:You people that enjoy reading plot spoilers are fucking crazy! :lol: I'm outta here once spoilers start dropping after the premiere in Japan. I installed a Google Chrome extension that lets me block channels and their videos on YouTube so I don't run into any spoiler-y thumbnails and titles (Here's the extension if you're interested). I have prepared for this shit. The lead up to Resurrection 'F' made me learn from my mistakes when browsing the web.
Tbh now the UK has a date I will leave this thread & Kanzenshuu (with the exception of the merch thread) soon even before then. I will take the controlled spoilers like V Jump I am gonna have too. Most my DB subs and on twitter are Japanese fans so all good in that regard, may have to mute Herms just to be safe. I avoided Pokémon Sun and Moon datamine spoilers for like a month and that was easy in the end.
RecolorSaiyan wrote:
IM21 wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:
because he has actual sources, he knew what would be in the 2nd trailer days before it dropped and even posted about it in here and he was right
That's because the 2nd trailer was uploaded days earlier by Toei either he watched it or someone did and told him. Became apparent in hindsight how he knew so much.
Terez wrote:I think the most likely answer is that he will finally be able to do UI at will, especially considering the spoilers above. That would be the most boring ending from my perspective but that doesn't make it unlikely. Toyo had Goku achieve that during the TOP; it wouldn't be the first time he teased upcoming events despite being way behind story-wise. And with the anime ending on the note of "I can't just do it", it's an important next hurdle for him to overcome.
UI literally just happened so it wouldn't really warrant the reaction of "finally" 2 episodes before the movie he already used the form. Last scene would imply the film literally ends after the fight which seems unlikely.

We all knew Gogeta vs Broly wouldn't be like Janemba. One could describe Vegetto Blue as getting his ass handed to him by Zamasu yet he was still in the fight and if they didn't defuse might have eventually won. Doesn't necessarily mean Gogeta will lose.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:57 am

RecolorSaiyan wrote:
IM21 wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:

Geekdom posts things he knows and also theories. So depending on the context of how he said it (and I don’t know) it could be a spoiler or something he is just theorizing. He would have to clarify that.

Anyways I think Gogeta losing was always a possibility. Fusions usually don’t end up winning.

I also think it is strange that they aren’t advertising UI at all if UI will play a central role in the film but yes Goku mastering it is also a possibility. Honestly I would be somewhat disappointed if that was the ending but I am used to being disappointed in Dragon Ball endings lately so better prepare myself for it.

Personally I like Goku remembers his past more.

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:45 am

Shaddy wrote:They're blowing their load way too early if that's the case; full UI control should be the goal, not just another footnote.
I have always said that I want it to be Goku's final form and I hope that it still is. And like many, I hoped that it wouldn't make an appearance in the movie because the longer they drag out Goku's inability to do it at will, the less likely the form will be nerfed any time soon, but tbh that was probably always naïve, and Toyo's move in 41 pretty much put an end to that hope.
ekrolo2 wrote:
I'd sooner say Goku and Vegeta's coordination being top notch now in the manga is a setup for Gogeta to explain why they'll be able to pull off the dance without needing to practice it.
That doesn't really fit the context, though. Both Iyoku and Sugita are talking about the very end of the movie, and Iyoku specifically says it's about Goku. It takes a lot of stretching to make that about Gogeta.
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:UI literally just happened so it wouldn't really warrant the reaction of "finally" 2 episodes before the movie he already used the form. Last scene would imply the film literally ends after the fight which seems unlikely.
I'm talking about him using it at will, which he has not yet done in the anime continuity. Iyoku says "final battle", and I suspect Sugita is talking about the same thing no matter his wording (incidentally English: ラストシーン). As for how quickly the film will end after the final battle, just think back to Super and how sure everyone was that the last episode or two would be wind-down. The only wind-down we got was the montage. You could argue, oh but they had to cut two episodes... well, they had to cut Toriyama's Broly script almost in half. It's not beyond reason that the final battle will also be the last scene.
Kinokima wrote:I also think it is strange that they aren’t advertising UI at all if UI will play a central role in the film
I thought the same because it's not a spoiler in the same way that Gogeta is a spoiler, but I guess I can see why they would want to keep it a secret. In the anime continuity, it's still a big deal and Goku can't just do it whenever he wants.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:53 am

Also at the same time Goku finally can do UI at will doesn’t seem that exciting when he literally just started using UI. Finally to me shouldn’t be in that sentence when it was only an arc before. Finally would be something that we waited a long time for.

Again I am not saying it is not that. Because for the Dragon Ball writers “Finally” could very well be one arc but from my stand point the finally should be something more. And in that context finally remembering his past would have more meaning for me personally (not necessarily the route they are going for though)

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:55 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Tbh now the UK has a date I will leave this thread & Kanzenshuu (with the exception of the merch thread) soon even before then. I will take the controlled spoilers like V Jump I am gonna have too. Most my DB subs and on twitter are Japanese fans so all good in that regard, may have to mute Herms just to be safe. I avoided Pokémon Sun and Moon datamine spoilers for like a month and that was easy in the end.
RecolorSaiyan wrote:
IM21 wrote:
That's because the 2nd trailer was uploaded days earlier by Toei either he watched it or someone did and told him. Became apparent in hindsight how he knew so much.
UI literally just happened so it wouldn't really warrant the reaction of "finally" 2 episodes before the movie he already used the form. Last scene would imply the film literally ends after the fight which seems unlikely.

We all knew Gogeta vs Broly wouldn't be like Janemba. One could describe Vegetto Blue as getting his ass handed to him by Zamasu yet he was still in the fight and if they didn't defuse might have eventually won. Doesn't necessarily mean Gogeta will lose.
No, Geekdom knew the details of the trailer even before it was leaked. Its been established that the guy has inside sources.

Also yeah, UI just doesn’t fit the “Goku finally...” quote imo. Plus merch suggests otherwise
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:28 am

"Goku finally....." surpasses Beerus

Furiza

Post by Furiza » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:48 am

So Goku will asspull something new again... Even after gaining UI just recently

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 am

"Goku finally..." admits GT is not canon.

Furiza

Post by Furiza » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:44 am

Or Goku finally is dead... For one arc

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:03 am

I cannot believe the movie will actually show where Bardock lives and even his own house. A small step into the right direction. :) Now if only the movie shows more of the Saiyan culture and such...

Also, it seems that "41 years ago" from before is correct. Oh well...
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Appers

Post by Appers » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:45 am

Kinokima wrote: I also think it is strange that they aren’t advertising UI at all if UI will play a central role in the film but yes Goku mastering it is also a possibility. Honestly I would be somewhat disappointed if that was the ending but I am used to being disappointed in Dragon Ball endings lately so better prepare myself for it.
I don't. If it is in they definitely want it to be a surprise.

Maybe I'm giving Toei more credit than they deserve here but I think they understand that if they want UI's next appearance to be impactful then they need to make it unexpected. They've done a good job marketing everything else to the point of many theorizing that its not going to appear in the film at all, so imagine the amount of surprise and impact for the fans if it does end up showing up at the last minute to take Broly down after Gogeta fails and all hope of the z fighters winning seems lost.

There's also the whole thing of Toriyama never letting fusions finish fights when he's the one writing the story too.

Who knows though, like I said, maybe I'm giving Toei way too much credit and it won't be in the movie at all and Toriyama will finally give a fusion a win. I'm just expecting the usual Toriyama bait and switch.