Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:01 pm

PFM18 wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
like I said, he doesn't have pupils in the shot so It isnt SSBE. That said, I want to see SSBE soon because it'll fuck everything up if Vegeta achieves a new form and then doesnt use it and there's no explanation as to why not

Because this movie follows Toriyama's continuity and not the manga or anime. Hence why ssb vegeta now magically has serious stamina issues in this film even though its literally never been shown to be an issue in the anime and was addressed in the manga
stamina issues were mentioned multiple times in the anime, they just didnt seem very severe.
Understatement of the century, depicting the form itself tiring vegeta out very quickly would be something the anime literally never showed. It would be even more of a contradiction if only vegeta has this problem and goku doesn't and his card didn't say anything of that manner

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:03 pm

PFM18 wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
like I said, he doesn't have pupils in the shot so It isnt SSBE. That said, I want to see SSBE soon because it'll fuck everything up if Vegeta achieves a new form and then doesnt use it and there's no explanation as to why not

Because this movie follows Toriyama's continuity and not the manga or anime. Hence why ssb vegeta now magically has serious stamina issues in this film even though its literally never been shown to be an issue in the anime and was addressed in the manga
stamina issues were mentioned multiple times in the anime, they just didnt seem very severe.
stamina stopped making sense just before Kefla debuted

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:09 pm

DB continuity is all kinds of fucked up.

At this point we should just have a Toei anime continuity, manga continuity, & Toriyama continuity to distinguish between them all.

The BoG & RoF films falling into Toriyama continuity, ofc.
Last edited by Rakurai on Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:09 pm

Xeogran wrote:Place your bets, what form do you think Gogeta will be in? SSG? Blue? Or maybe something new entirely :twisted:
Didn't the merch teased for the "mysterious character" show that he will have two forms? We'll probably see him in both SSG and SSB forms. Base form is a possibility too, but I think SSG is more likely, given how they've marketed Vegeta's red form.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:12 pm

Trailer 3, eh?

I'm guessing the recent images will be coming from that one, then. I wonder if we'll get a good look at Super Saiyan Broly before he goes full-power.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:15 pm

Rakurai wrote:At this point we should just have a Toei anime continuity, manga continuity, & Toriyama continuity to distinguish between them all.

That is already the case.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:17 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:

Understatement of the century, depicting the form itself tiring vegeta out very quickly would be something the anime literally never showed. It would be even more of a contradiction if only vegeta has this problem and goku doesn't and his card didn't say anything of that manner
Vegeta being tired out quickly would contradict the basic premise of SSB as it pertained to RoF. The fact that they DIDNT tire out quickly was the reason they were able to beat Freeza. That was a plot point. The manga royally fucked that up as per usual, but no matter which way you look at it, Vegeta having severe stamina issues would contradict everything especially since he clearly has an aura and this is not CSSB.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:19 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
Xeogran wrote:Place your bets, what form do you think Gogeta will be in? SSG? Blue? Or maybe something new entirely :twisted:
Didn't the merch teased for the "mysterious character" show that he will have two forms? We'll probably see him in both SSG and SSB forms. Base form is a possibility too, but I think SSG is more likely, given how they've marketed Vegeta's red form.
Many of the 'new character's' figures have two variants, yeah. The Xenoverse datamine also has two different presets for the new Gogeta too. One of them has SSB Goku's Super God Fist attack so I think Blue is a safe bet. My guess is we'll see base, God and Blue.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:21 pm

I wonder how much Geekdom pays his “sources” that supposively work on the movie by his own admission to give him all this information.

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:27 pm

I honestly dont want gogeta. Inferior in every way to vejito from power to being convenient. Almost seems like toei wanted that budokai 3 scene in there in the canon lol
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:28 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:I wonder how much Geekdom pays his “sources” that supposively work on the movie by his own admission to give him all this information.
Lol he either paying or sucking fat d who knows but I’m sure he got like mult people with various source tell him and he gonna just leak and get all attention as much as he want

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:33 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:The new trailer will be up at 6pm EST.

Can't wait for them to spoiler Gogeta. :thumbup:
Hype time.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:09 pm

Guys...It's almost time.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:30 pm

Base form, then blue or UI.
I want to see ssgod too but i'm not sure we'll see this form.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:34 pm

Rakurai wrote:DB continuity is all kinds of fucked up.

At this point we should just have a Toei anime continuity, manga continuity, & Toriyama continuity to distinguish between them all.

Toriyama specifically wanted the retellings and added stuff like NBoL and this movie is under the DBS brand ergo the events of the retellings overide the movies.
ZeroNeonix wrote:
Labels so for are:
Movie Character A1 & A2 (for VS and UDM gashapons)
New Theatrical Character A & B for the Ichiban Kuji (the rest was revealed last week those were still blanked.)
One character with two types of colour difference for the UG gashapon
& finally 2 WCFs out of the 18 are still blanked.

They hardly market base forms for fusions and Vegeta has SSG in the film. We know fusions will time out if they use energy too much so I think God and SSGSS are safe bets.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:37 pm

Gt91 wrote:
Base form, then blue or UI.
I want to see ssgod too but i'm not sure we'll see this form.
I seriously doubt we'll see Ultra Instinct Gogeta. Goku has to be pushed to the brink to use Ultra Instinct, and Gogeta would defuse before that would happen for him. Even if he did somehow achieve Ultra Instinct, that form burns through so much energy, Gogeta would probably instantly defuse.

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:49 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Galan007 wrote:

Love it.
Wow. It's amazing how much better New Broly looks than the old one.
They look practically identical. If you're talking about the artwork itself, yes the extra detail does give it more impact. On another note, if in that Broly shot they are going to use that lazy "Zoom out while the fighter yells" camera technique that's spammed over and over again in Super, I am going to be so pissed.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:55 pm

I think something a lot bigger in the trailer will be revealed other than Gogeta :)

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:57 pm

Xeztin wrote:I think something a lot bigger in the trailer will be revealed other than Gogeta :)
like what?

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:04 pm

I wholeheartedly agree with PFM18 here. They should follow the DB Super anime instead of Toriyama or Toyotaro’s crap version. Otherwise the continuity is all totally fucked up and fans want to see SSBE Vegeta and SSJB Kaioken x20 Goku. This movie is said to be a continuation of the ToP, which occured in the anime first. This movie is also an anime movie, not a manga. If Vegeta doesn’t go SSBE, fans will wonder what the hell is going on.